2.2

Rates and Fees
3.0

Johan Engelbrecht
Johan EngelbrechtSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Legalsuper Income protection product useless for short term income loss

The salary continuance product from Legalsuper is a misnomer and a joke.
It does not offer any income protection for short term income loss.
I have been paying them income protection for 7 years now with the honest belief I would be covered in the event I have a serious operation with no income for a month just to be told I ticked the 90 days box. So for 90 days you are on our own. Please be warned not to use this product if you intend to seek cover for income protection less than a month. The product name is misleading and does not offer short term income protection.
chidiacmary19
chidiacmary19Sydney, NSW24 posts

Alex4545
Alex4545Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Very happy!!

I have been a member of Legalsuper since 1994. I highly recommend them. I had monies in other funds over the years but had decided to amalgamate them all into this fund and have not looked back since.
Tel
TelAU4 posts

Getting a payout is difficult and unbelievably slow

My wife had contributed to legalsuper for some 15 years
7 months after she died legalsuper has still not settled my claim.
From the beginning there has been a lengthy and difficult process to reach the conclusion that what the will said and the what the super account said should be applied. ie that all the benefits should pass to me.
Then a 28 day delay in case anyone objected. Then another 5 days just in case of god knows what.
Then a week to get the first smaller cheque to me. Another week and the second cheque has still not arrived.
In all they have been unbelievably slow and inefficient.
HG
HGSydney, NSW11 posts

Deducted Income protection Insurance fees when I was unemployed

I had signed for income protection insurance through Legal Super, which was my default super for 8 years. After I resigned from my job, Legal Super kept deducting income protection premiums from my super even thought they knew that the policy does NOT cover my situation.
I found out about this a few months later when I was getting things in order after I called them and asked I was still being covered. Immediately after I found out that I am no longer covered, I explicitly asked them to stop deducting insurance premiums from my super. To this date, 3 months after my request, that has not been done, and I am still paying premiums for the insurance that is of no value for me.
If this is not white collar crime, then what is it?
Insurance Options
Income Protection
Christine C
Christine CIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Julie C
Julie C2 posts

blueferrari
blueferrariSydney, NSW31 posts

Fees before you even have money in the account!

Shortly after starting a new role at a law firm, after spending significant time with accounting firms I thought I would consider rolling over my super to this account. I opened an account and left it to decide at a later date. It was a hard decision, but when I finally got time to roll over my previous fund I realised I was charged a weekly fee for over 8 months, just to open the account! It took so long as I didn't find them too helpful at the beginning when asking advice - should have listened to my instincts. In my view, this is unethical and petty, as there is no notification to advise of the fees when joining - very sneaky. Now looking for a new fund.

bakerlog