Highland HP6SS N/L

Highland HP6SS N/L

HP6SSL and HP6SSN

See the Best Gas Cooktops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

HEJ

HEJSydney, NSW

We haven't had any problems ....

We haven't had any problems with our 13 year old Highland cook-top HP6SSN, but ..... it's the only natural gas appliance we have, the bill is about $6 for gas and $50 "Daily charge. We looked into converting it to LPG /propane, but can't find the conversion kit!
Any suggestions?

Purchased in November 2006 at Winnings.

P.W. Smith

Terrible. Do Not Buy One.

Constant problems, clicking, failure to light, gas remains on when it should off and shorting in the igniter that has blown the entire kitchen circuit. But worse is the fact that there are simply no parts available. I have had the local service agent out four times now but he cannot get parts anywhere. Now I have to use a BBQ lighter. I managed to buy from EBay - for a hugely expensive cooktop this is just not good enough. Do not buy one.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Please don't buy

Date PurchasedMay 2018

AndrewMelbourne

Fantastic performer

This is the second cooktop we have had from highland. The first was so good we ordered the same one for our new build. The new one had the click as reported by many here. However once advised highland sent a tech out who replaced it with a new improved system which has been faultless.
Great customer service, great product.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Igniters not working on 2 yr old stove just like everyone else!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Debsballarat

Solid, hardworking cooktop

Our Highland Cooktop has been installed for four months now. We had an initial problem with sparking igniters as others have had, but it was very quickly and professionally addressed even though we live 60km from the nearest regional centre. We do a lot of cooking and so far this cooktop has delivered beautifully. After having owned an Ilve cooktop, I would never go back...the quality and robustness of the Highland is far superior. I do wish the trivets were level all the way across so I could put more big pots on! The control of gas level is really good, and the power of full wok burn is awesome! I am really happy I was able to buy an Australian made product. Keep up the good work Highland!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

jasparSydney

igniters keep ticking

I always had Ilve Cook tops and ovens but wanted the low setting for gas these have. works great except 1 or the 2 wok burners keeps ticking. had several service calls which came when they scheduled but telling me its the pots i use or the size of pans and other rubbish did not wash. just booked another service call today and they say the part has been redesigned and they will swap both wok burners parts out under warranty. not sure what parts but suspect the gas reader or the igniters.
Will update this post after they finish the service. I will also expect they restart the warranty on all the parts they have been servicing and replacing !

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Happy

HappyBlue Mountains

Have had this for years and still love it!!

I purchases this cooktop many years ago when we renovated our kitchen. It has given me such joy over the years. It has all worked perfectly from day one. So much room and easy to keep clean. There is a gas burner for every need. I was cooking on it tonight and though I should write something positive about this product i love.

Date PurchasedApr 2005
BobJ

BobJSydney

Poor quality and poor service

Purchased the Highland cooktop, it was the worst decision I made for my new kitchen. It was sold to me as being a premium product, but after 3 service calls later and having to wait for 3 months for parts and for me to do all the follow up, I would recommend buying another brand.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
ronaldot

ronaldotMelbourne

Poor attention to details in workmanship

Within few months of installing the cooktop, the igniters on the wok burners became faulty - they would keep sparking even though flame was on. It took 3 visits from technician to fix it. Now my warranty has expired, the igniter on medium burner works intermittently. The black coating on the trivet where wok sits has started to come off. The knobs were always loose and wobbly when it was new and technician never bothered to fix it. For such an expensive cooktop, the quality doesn't match it. I wish I had stuck to ILVE cooktop which I was very happy with.

Mike

MikeAdelaide

Promise of so much but in the end Australian build quality and service disappoint.

Gdady

Been having similar issues as you Mike, plus some more with mine.

humphrisclan

humphrisclanAU

High quality product. Gas control is very good, the wok burners do everything from a blast furnace to the gentlest of simmer settings. I looked at everything prior to this purchase and this cook top is the closest you will get to a fully professional unit.
Great unit, well built and made in Oz
Expensive but worth it

HisssParadise

HisssParadiseAU

Got it for my Chef wife.. Love the stirfries

xirom
xirom

I bought the cooktop last year and I am very happy with the product. I was glad that I made the right decision to choose this cooktop. The great thing about it is the gas output is really strong and it is so easy to clean. Love it!

munipuss
munipuss

Agree with you about the Ilve free standing - their marketing dept would have to be one of the best in the world to induce so many to believe its a good product

yhwong

yhwongAU

Break down after 4 years

Has cook top for 4 years. One of the wok burners became faulty. After 2 visits from repairer recommended by Highlander and $500, burner worse than ever and more parts became faulty from the repairer. Do not know whether should continue to spend money on a repair that may cost me as much as a new unit
Love the wok burners
Only last 4 years

Beau

Beauasked

The electronic ignition keeps lighting on its own every few seconds. What can I do to fix it?

P.W. Smith

That is a change. Mine will not light at all. I tried to find new igniters but they are not made any more. In fact I cannot find spare parts anywhere except on ebay. I eventually bought a BBQ lighter to light the thing.

Try cleaning the element and igniter. There might be food or grease that keeps the knob depressed. Otherwise do what I did. Take the thing to the tip and buy anything but Highland.

Gdadyasked

HP6SSN

Ok highland owners I would like to know if I am the only person in Aussie that has this issue(apparently I am).
I have found that the gas controls in the showroom and for the first few weeks of use in my home are silky smooth.
After a few weeks and under heat conditions the gas controls become jerky and binding.
Not sure if a lack of decent hi-temp grease in the valves or brass bodies distorting/expanding with heat??
Valves I was told are top of the wazzer German made?

Andrew

I am on my second cooktop after moving. Neither suffered that complaint

Debs

Hi, I dont have that particular problem, however, having had the cooktop working for over a year now, I find that I cant control the level of flame as easily as I could initially...ie it seems to be on/off but very little control in between.
I had an initial installation installation problem which was quickly and efficiently managed (and we live a long way from Melbourne).. I am just about to address this issue with them, and expect that they will offer the good service they did last time!! (fingers crossed).
I really love that this is an Australian company, and really want them to stay in business...so I hope they see the importance of excellent customer service to ensure their survival!

Dougal
Dougal

Hi,
Mine's 11 years old (HP6SS) and never missed a beat. I'm building shortly and the only reason I won't buy another is we are tree-changing and will be off grid so we are having induction. Don't want the hassle of gas.
What's with high temp grease? There's no heat at the control valve.
It seems the later ones were plagued with the "clicking" igniters but mine's been fine.
I have only two grumbles - the screen printing wore off because the cleaners keep scrubbing with Jif despite my insistence not to, and the trivets are a bee's d*** out of level so the oil runs to the front of the pan on the wok burners. Cupboard is level, cooktop is level. They replaced the trivets for free, but they must bend with the heat?

ALim

ALimasked

Hi,

I recently have problems with my highland cooktop and I have read some reviews it's seem like lots of you have the same problems as mine with the ignitor keep playing up. Has anyone eventually get the problem fix? What is the outcome? I have problems getting the cooktop fix.

Andrew

Yes, we had a representative come out and replace the ignightor system. It is a common problem wirth an easy solution, the original ignition system was substandard. The new parts have operated without fault, the service technician was spot on.

Debs

Hi, my response is the same as Andrews...our problem was fixed quickly and efficiently by a representative organised by Highland themselves. As we live a long way from the city it was not an actual Highland technician that did the work, but the fellow they sent was excellent.
No problems since it was fixed

ceri
ceri

Hi Alim
Yes we posted that we had a problem with the wok igniters not igniting and Highland would not fix because I was out of warrantee by one month even though this is a known problem of theirs....so they didn't score any brownie points with me for that. Subsequently someone else has pointed out that you still have "statutory rights" after the warrantee is over.
However I contacted a gas fitter near me whom is their preferred service agent and he spoke to them on my behalf and managed to get a "free kit" from them that solved the problem. I had to pay for his labour to do it but it did fix the problem and only cost $200 or so dollars.
If I had persevered with Highland I think i would have got it done for free so i would try that avenue with them.
Our kit which solved the problem had been in for a few months and is still working well.

Cheers
Ceri

Get an answer from our members and Highland representatives

Highland HP6SSL