Hipod Boston PRO

Hipod Boston PRO

2010 Series and 2013 Series

My son loves the seat

My son always loves to seat on it, it has a large space to allow my son to seat around on it freely, it is easy to install, there’s 5 position adjustable headrest so that it won’t hurt my son’s neck.
You can also easily clean it because of the machine washable cover.

Hi Audrey, Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review and provide your valuable feedback. If there is anything we can assist you with in future, please contact us on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Cool

My friend gave me as a gift,she fit in our car. My son loves to seat in this car seat. Very comfortable, large and no need special fix. We are using this seat car last 2 years, it is still like a new. After 2 months he will turn 7 years old and he is bigger for his age, but still this car sit is fine for him.

Hi Nura, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

"I Love It" said my 5 year old son

I'd always use the Safe & Sound car seats for both my children but due to the positive reviews on this site., I'd decided to purchase the "cheaper" $109 Hipod Boston directly from the Target website

My son was absolutely thrilled with the big boy seat. The installation was easy and it had great cushioning. I wanted to wait a month to really test it out. I couldn't be happier with the purchase. Cant fault the great product. Highly recommended!

Hi Hpvictoria, thanks for taking the time to leave such a terrific review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Affordable and safe

Great booster seat for my 5 year old. It is super comfy for her and very safe. We had been looking for some time for the right booster seat and this one ticked all the boxes. I paid $85 through ebay for it. Brand new and came in a target box so it must have been through them but different seller which was a little strange. But very happy!

Hi Amy, thanks for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Did it's job perfectly

My son (5 years-old) and I were involved in a moderate to severe car accident last week. It was a front to front-side impact, air bags deployed. I am black, blue and sore. I have whiplash and now have to have abdominal scans done. My son doesn't have a scratch, bruise or any soreness to any part of his body. I've ordered the exact same model to replace the one involved in the accident. So glad I looked up the CREPS ratings before deciding to purchase this seat the first time around.

Hi Son17, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Hipod team.

Great safety rating and low price

I bought this because it has a really high CREP safety rating, and a great low price (I paid $99 from target when they had a free home delivery deal going).

I’ve always had car seats that convert to boosters before, this was the first time I’d bought for a five year old/a straight booster, so it seemed a bit flimsy compared to car seats but the high safety rating reassured me this must be normal for boosters.

It’s very easy to install, just tether and use with the cars lap&sash belt threaded through one catch at the shoulder.

It seems to be comfortable to sit in and it has plenty of room for my now 6yo to grow, even though he’s 95th percentile for both height and weight.

Easy to adjust and easy to clean.

My problems are that our seatbelt can’t wind right back in when it’s threaded through the shoulder belt holding part, which means it refuses to pull back out until I’ve come round and unhooked it from in the shoulder bit, wound it all the way back in, and rethreaded it. My son can’t do this, so it’s a bit of a pain.
Also, although the seat seems nice and narrow at the base, in both our vehicles it pushes against the buckle in such a way that it’s very hard for my 6yo to get the latch onto the buckle to do up himself. This might just be all seats - again it’s my first booster using the car belt so I’m not used to having that buckle done and undone every trip.
And finally, the belt is supposed to sit under the arm rests to hold it low on the hips, and my son either struggles to get it under or just obnoxiously hates wearing it that way but either way every trip we have a drama over forcing him to put the strap under the armrests instead of over.

That sounds like a lot of complaints for what I intended to be a positive review - at the end of the day it is safe and cheap so I’m happy.

Looks great, just needs cup holders added

We bought this as replacement chair when we had a car crash. I took Master 6 year old to try them out at Target. There were only two different models available to choose from. He sat in both and said this was the most comfortable. I liked the other one because it had cup holders though. We chose this because of comfort. It does look good and, like most car seats, it's easy to fit. Cost $99.

Perfect booster seat for my kid

I bought this 6 months ago from Target for my 5yo kid. The installation was easy enough and can be done within 5-10 mins. The booster seat is quite sturdy and comfy. My kid can sleep easily on our 3-hours trip and the head rest was adjustable for long term use.

Nice but a bit wide on top

These are nice seats and the base is nice and narrow but the head wings are a touch wide making it hard to install two of these side by side. They are a good price and have a high safety rating. They seem comfortable as the material is nice and soft

Good and safe booster seat

This is one of the highest rating boosters which is why I have two. They are relatively cheap and easy to use for the kids. Not too wide which makes it easier to fit another car seat next to it if your car is not that wide. Highly recommended for 4 year old plus.

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave the above review. We're glad to hear you find our booster easy to use and of good value! Warm regards, the Hipod team.

Great seat

We bought two of these and found they are sturdy, easy to use and comfortable. The price is excellent and its easy to install in the car. We are now looking at purchasing another two for our other child for our two cars. I would recommend these as the kids find them comfortable.

Hi Katie, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review. We're so glad to hear you found our car seat easy to use and comfortable. Warm regards, the Hipod team.

Quite good Booster Chair

Quite a good booster seat. I believe it had one of the best safety ratings in it's category at the more affordable end of the price range. The chair is hinged at the back allowing it to fit the shape of the rear seat of more cars. It is supportive of the head, neck and shoulders and quiet comfortable I'm told, although on long journeys it can become a little bit firm, (it was the most comfortable one we tested in store). In general though a good purchase.

Great Car Seats

I brought 2 hipod Boston booster seats for my children and they love their big kids chairs. comfortable, sturdy and a great crep safety rating made these seats the perfect decision for my car. I have a larger car (100 series landcruiser) so we still have plenty of room for another chair or to store things on the back seat.

A good mid range option

Got this for our extra tall guy and it works a treat. Material does make him pretty sweaty, but he is a person who feels the heat. I will say orders to feel as weighty as others we looked at and I feel it's a little 'Flimsy'Over all a good choice that fits well in our mid sized car.

Great Safe Booster

We were looking for an extra booster seat for my 4 year old grandson. Safety was my main concern and this was one of the only two available that scored well in all areas. Most other booster seats scored well overall but delving deeper most also failed in one area, this did not. It is simple to install thus making it easy to move between cars, it looks good and the price was great.

Well priced well rated booster

Bought the Hipod Boston Pro for a visiting child so our experience is 4 weeks. Target currently sells it for $99. It is well rated by the safety sites. Upholstery is decent and easy to clean. It requires a tether. Be sure all your vehicles have tether anchor points as some only have ISOFIX points these days, and at least one vehicle has a documented 18kg child weight limit for the ISOFIX tether point!

The headrest can be obstructed by the roof in some cars when it is in high position, meaning it may not sit well on a seat as the roof will push it toward the middle. In some vehicles the headrest can block rear view mirror vision.

The youngster said it was comfortable with trips up to 1:30 being as far as we went in one go.

Nothing special but does its job. Good value for money

We bought two of these seats and they have been fine. Nothing special but functional and well-priced. We have not had any problems with the seats and they are not showing any signs of wear. The seat is very easy to fit and easy to move from one car to another is needed.