Hisense HR6TFF527 (526L)

Hisense HR6TFF527 (526L)

HR6TFF527 (White) and HR6TFF527SD (Stainless)

See the Best Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Water leak

Water leaking all through fridge cant work out how to fix it seems to be coming out of top part of fridge near light. Not sure how much warranty came with fridge. Cant even remember where I bought it think it was jb hifi. Have pulled out looked underneath doesn't seem to be a water tray

Date PurchasedAug 2017

A Big Family Size Fridge

Having owned this for a few years now, I can honestly say that overall it is a fairly good fridge/freezer. It is very big, which is suitable for our five person family, and is usually very good at keeping things cold in both the fridge and freezer. That being said, owners need to be aware that a thermostat adjustment may be required during periods of extreme heat or extreme cold weather especially if the fridge and/or freezer are being repetitively opened (as my wife and kids do). During our first Winter everything was getting too cold in both the fridge and freezer and I had to play around with the temperature set buttons that are conveniently located inside of the fridge compartment. Eventually I got the settings right and then Summer hit where everything kept defrosting in the freezer and the fridge was not keeping things cool. So another quick press of the temp buttons and voila - no more problems.

The only problems I've experienced with this fridge is from one of the weak plastic door shelves broke off (we didn't bother replacing it) and just recently the crisper box cover/bottom shelf disintegrated all on its own during the night for some unknown reason. We have just ordered a replacement for $60.

Date PurchasedMay 2015

Love my fridge

I bought this fridge after my old one started to rattle. Once i got the hisense fridge my power bill droped and my beer was colder . I highly recommend it to anyone who has an old fridge and needs a new one asap . This is the fridge for you

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Works well

This fridge seems to work well. It does get a little bit warm on the side of the fridge but not always. Good size for 2 to 3 people. The stainless steel look can leave fingerprints on the surface. Easy to adjust temperature and can switch compartments when away on holidays

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Looks Tech Savy

After 4 mths of ownership i think i can write a review on its performance. The plus side that i have come to appreciate, is a light in the freezer. It also has a digital readout on the outside of the door that lights up every time you open the fridge and stays lit for approx 15 seconds after you close it. This looks very impressive but is not helpful at all because it only lets you know what your temp setting is .... and not what the actual temp is. It is also there so you can adjust the temp within their preset settings. The BIG downside for me is that where we have our fridge in the kitchen , it is against the wall that backs on to the lounge. Every time it starts i can hear the fridge through the wall as it is not as quiet as our old fridge that we replaced. This being said, it did come with a 3 year warranty and i can live with the motor purring as you do get use to it. All in all for the price its OK.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good fridge, biggest size that fits in average spaces.

This fridge is cheap, cools well, doesn't frost up, and has huge capacity. No other 500litre+ fridge will fit in the space this does. It never needs the freezer defrosted. The only negative is it's extremely easy to dent this fridge. It's very quiet, and appears to cool evenly throughout the whole fridge. The plastic shelves are pretty brittle and break easy and the ice maker broke after about 6 months, as it refuses to release cubes. Getting old fashioned ice cube trays resolves the problem.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

A great fridge

This fridge is very easy to clean
You cannot hear it as it runs so smoothly
I've found the food is keeping very fresh
The inside of the fridge is so well thought out that I'm actually able to see all my food at once without having to move items around too much.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

good for fridge, not so great for freezer

Both the fridge and freezer can maintain the temperature that I set. It's very quiet, almost silent. My only minor complaints are the ice trays are too small for its size, and I wish there's 1 more tray in the freezer. The energy efficiency for its capacity is also a big plus on electricity bill!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great Value for money and superb looking

We are using this fridge from last 1+ years and have had no issues with it. The temperature is maintained and nothing to complain in that department.
It is pretty quiet and you don't even know whether the compressor is running or not.
We clean our fridge on monthly basis and to be honest with you, just wipe it with a multipurpose cleaner spray and you are set.

Only cons I could think of it is the Door handles, the bottom one went a bit loose, so I had to tighten it.
Other thing will be cleaning the trays!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

This one is good.

Yes,Hisense HR6TFF Series maintains a good temperature in all compartments, it is a Chinese brand and we like it. It is quiet and it is quite big. It is good size for my family. We can buy more food in supermarket and store it in the refrigerator. we love it.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great product - Going Strong so far

We purchased this product last year from The Good Guys and it is still going strong and never miss a beat. Storage capacity of 526L is excellent which easily caters for our big family. My partner was after silver colour and it perfectly meets our all needs. The only drawback is handle sometime become loose so you need to keep on tightening them periodically.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

It is a good fridge

Very happy with this fridge. You can adjust the temperature to the fridge & freezer with the digital front panel. All shelves can be moved around to suit yourself, (front & side) very easy to clean. Freezer/crisper shelves run on a sliding roller rail system. Keeps very cool due to the seal they have used. The suction is great/sometime hard to open just after closing. However, one year later, the bottom right side shelf fractured, but that is where i had glass water bottles. I am a little disappointed with the stainless steel application, very easy to scratch. I have a stove, oven & microwave all stainless & they have not scratched anywhere near like the fridge. Overall they are minor things.This fridge holds a lot of food and is quite big.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

I love this fridge.

This fridge is amazing. So much room. So quiet. Easy to clean. Love the glass shelves, they have this grip sort of stuff on them as a non-slip feature. Light in the freezer is awesome and bright. The ice cube maker is fantastic.
Only bummer is the freezer is a little small and the sides get really hot (outside)

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good value

A reliable brand, good size refrigerator for two adults and two children, maintains a good temperature throughout all compartments at all times, easy to clean interior, satisfactory storage compartments and shelving. Freezer ample space for a family.
Quiet motor however it seems on to run for long periods. Satisfactory standard warranty.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Perfect fridge for a family

So I had this fridge for 3 months now and I must say it is perfect. Yes, it is a large one but what can you expect when you are buying a 527L fridge. Maintains a good temperature, features like super cool, alarm and holiday are just amazing although the alarm is not very loud. All compartments are large to fit your things easily. Best part is vegetable crisper, now I have two more compartments to put my veggies. Further, the price is low than any other brand of same size and hisense provide 3 years of warranty unlike all others that gives just 2 years. I m happy with this product and would definitely recommend.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

No ' bells and whistles' but does the job.

We needed to replace our fridge, that finally failed after 15 years of faultless service. Our small freezer of over 20 years also failed and we wanted to downsize to 1 fridge freezer and after much research decided on the Hisense HR6TFF526(S). Though not a 'glamorous' fridge,despite the modern 'stainless steel' finish, it does the job. For the price, I would say it is good value for money, particularly compared to other brands and models that offer many options, but at the end of the day, their performance is no better. On the down side, the fridge we replaced was 470 litre and this model is 526 gross litre but I cannot fit the same amount of food in this fridge and certainly not in the freezer. A 3 litre milk has to be stored in the door as it will not fit inside the fridge, nor will any tall bottles. The shelf adjustments leave little flexibility unless one is removed completely. I hope the door continues to take the weight from storing the milk and taller bottles in this position. The freezer has a fixed compartment for the ice which interferes with storage, as does the sloping interior, but we have adapted to this difference in the design.The fridge is very quiet, only occasionally making a few odd noises, but this does not seem to effect its efficiency. The only disappointment I have, with the fridge, is that the 'lacquer' protecting the stainless steel around the door has worn off. It is obvious and unsightly but does not affect the performance of the fridge. This fridge accommodates a family of 5 adults and does a good job, I only wish the interior design was better but after looking at many models, it suited our needs and budget. I hope it continues for many years to come.

Really good fridge

We bought the Hinsense HR6TFF527SD 526L. We have only had to for two weeks, but we are very happy with it. We had a look at Samsung and LG fridges in the same price range, but we found the Hinsense had better features compared to the others. Things like deeper freezer shelves and better shelve design overall won us over. Though the energy rating was one star lower on the Hinsense compared with the Samsung and LG models.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Disappointed - Don't waste your money

Bought brand new, broke down after 2 weeks fridge stopped cooling and freezer over froze everything, technicians had to come out twice to repair it after same fault happened twice, and after basically pulling fridge apart discovered it was poorly put together to start with, lost hundreds of $$ of food... refused a replacement or money back unless it happens a third time.. Don't waste your money, spend the extra $$ and buy a well known brand.

Absolute Rubbish.

The saying "you get what you pay for" cannot be more true when it comes to HISENSE. Bought this fridge from Sheedy Muirs 18 months ago. It looked good and was priced reasonably. It has 3 years warranty and is still under warranty. It stopped working suddenly on a hot day yesterday as this week has been a hot week. All we had in the fridge were spoilt. We rang support today and it is terrible too. Basically got told that someone will come in within 2-3 days to assess it and make an appointment to get is repaired within 5-7 business days. Since it is Xmas and New Year, I will not get this fixed until next year and probably at the end of January. When I asked about the products that got spoilt I got told that I would be reimbursed but only if I have the receipts? Seriously?? In the meantime I got told I was on my own and too bad that I did not have a fridge and the family would suffer during this period. I would have expected better from this fridge and bought it because of the warranty. I will never ever buy Hisense again. I will be getting my money back and buying a well-known brand. My previous one was LG and it lasted 12 years but was too small for the family.

It's been good

We've had this fridge for about three weeks now and it's been good. It's a fridge.. it keeps things cold. Finish is good. It's very quiet. It's new. It has cool LED lights in and on front panel and a built in unplumbed water dispenser. You could probably put whatever you like in it though.