Colorado 7 RG, Trailblazer RG
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Holden? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features

Matt
MattFar North Queensland, QLD

Great car

Great car so far. Quite economical for a 7 seat 4wd, real world getting around 11L/100km running around town.

Heaps of space and very comfortable for the family. Looking forward to trying it out off road.

Purchased at Ireland's.

Blazeless trail

Not the vehicle for me at all, need a proper four wheel drive. Comfortable and quick but it’s not a regional vehicle, stick to the city and highways. Good luck if you have one, hope it serves your purposes.

Purchased in October 2019 for $60,000.00.

Shane V.
Shane V.Far North Queensland, QLD

Average car ,Poor Customer support- broken hearted

Purchased in December 2019 for $28,000.00.

Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Find out how Holden Colorado 7 / Trailblazer compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Colin W.
Colin W.Mid North Coast, NSW

recent trip

Recently returned to nsw mid North Coast from Gulf and Nth Qld trip in recently purchased Trailblazer and Concept 18 ft van. Km totaled 17000, time away 110 days, GCM total 4800 kg, GVM caravan 2500 kg (all up) and ball weight of 212 kg. a weight distribution hitch was fitted but I could not seem to find a good setting so airbags were fitted half through the trip. Problem solved . Power wise and comfort wise this vehicle beats anything I have previously owned. Best of all was the economy at 11.4 average with caravan hitched up over 80% of the journey.

Purchased in July 2019 for $40,000.00.

ConsumerMan
ConsumerMan

Its a Good Workhorse

Purchased in September 2019.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
James
JamesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great city/country vehicle

Purchased in November 2019 at Pickles Auctions for $30,000.00.

John O.Wheatbelt, WA

Failblazer and the non existance of Holdens former Glory

Purchased in November 2018 at Holden Dealers for $54,000.00.

Graham
GrahamPacific Paradise

Just a great Car

Not much I can say, but fantastic Car.
Had zero issues and the car is a dream to drive, compared to my old Mitsubishi Triton MQ.
I have the Trailblazer Storm MY20 apart from very minor things like cup holder size, I cannot not fault it.

I just wish someone can explain how to get to the top dash speaker, so I can upgrade it, which I do to all my cars.

Great for towing and cursing across this great country of ours....

Purchased in September 2019 at Sunco Motors.

2 year review after 35,000km

Purchased in April 2017.

SPUNKY MCNUNKY
SPUNKY MCNUNKYMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rock solid build, great on highway, poor turning abilities, poor visibility

Purchased in August 2018 for $18,000.00.

Nic C
Nic CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Powerful tough family hauler

Purchased in May 2018.

Flawless except for the tow bar issue

I bought a Trailblazer Col 7 2016 and it has been amazing, I have done 100,000 km in two years and still drives like it is brand new...powerful, good on fuel, and super comfortable. The only issue I have had, and others have had too, is when I have my tow bar on (no matter what configuration, drop bar etc) the reversing sensors just keep going off...drives me nuts. Holden just flog me off, Wollongong Holden in Fairy Meadow is the worst. Their solution, just take your tow bar set up off? serious, i am constantly hooking on trailers, vans etc. Anyway, love it love it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
greg
gregWalcha

Terrible seats

We purchased the ltz in 2016 and had some minor issues. The windows function which open to help when closing the door failed. Great when it is raining!!! But the biggest disappointment is the lack of support in the seats. We both get back aches and there is not enough support under your knees. Great to tow with and drive but comfort comes first. Surely holden can do better with adjustable seats

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Milty the monster
Milty the monsterSouthwest, VIC

Great Vehicle Great Value

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Milty the monster
Milty the monsterSouthwest, VIC

Can't fault it so far

So far can't fault this car I have read all the reviews on this vehicle and I fined that all of the negativity pointed at it is untrue.
It is smooth on the road it is quiet it is powerful it is comfortable and I would recommend it to anyone.
This vehicle has come of age if you are in the market for a vehicle that will do almost anything at a budget price do yourself a favour and go for a test drive.

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Gary Hollis
Gary Hollisasked
Trailblazer RG (2016-2021)

I have a 2018 Trailblazer, I have just had a brake controller fitted and now the tail/display lights don't work. Other than a lose or disconnected wire, is there another common cause for this?

David P.

The trailblazer has led tail lights and are wired weirdly. The only way I could get my trailer brakes to work was to run a wire back from the trailer plug to activate them. I spent many hours on this and Holden were no help.

Trevor
Trevor asked
Trailblazer RG LTZ (2016-2021)

I have a 2020 LTZ Trailblazer , done 15,000 klms . Noticed when driving on light throttle about 1,500 revs on the flat but more noticeable going uphill a loud driveline noise with slight vibration comes in , gearbox area . it does it all the time any speed but around 1,500 to 2,000 revs. Any ideas.

David P.

Have a look under vehicle and you will see a huge counterweight hanging off the back of the gearbox ( auto ) this is to reduce this harmonic vibration common to 4 cylinder engines coupled to auto boxes, try taking the counterweight off, you will not be able to sit in the car. Holden have been applying this very agricultural fix since the LH Torana 4 cylinder auto in 1975. It was also used in the Toyota Corona and Corolla of similar vintage. I have never worked out why this vibration does not present with a manual gearbox in the same car.

Roscoh
Roscohasked
Colorado 7 / Trailblazer

I keep having to replace the drivers side brake light on my Colorado 7. Why is this

See all Holden Colorado 7 / Trailblazer questions

Compare all 4 Holden Colorado 7 / Trailblazer
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $46,990$52,990$53,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDiesel
Engine4 Cylinder 2.8L4 Cylinder 2.8L4 Cylinder 2.8L
Max Power147kW @ 3600rpm147kW @ 3600rpm147kW @ 3600rpm
Max Torque500Nm @ 2000rpm500Nm @ 2000rpm500Nm @ 2000rpm
Country of ManufactureThailandThailandThailand
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Release dateJan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2016Jan 2012