Holden Commodore VT

Holden Commodore VT

See the Best Wagons in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Mickyy

Mickyymelbourne

Just works.

Almost a 20 year old car and it's still going strong. Has nice power and no major issues yet, only the usual maintenance has been needed so far. With a few updates like a new headunit and headlight restoring kits the car still looks great and drives great. I've put in a reverse camera which fits into the rear number plate light and that works perfectly too.

BadgeSS

Engine Size3.6 v6
Chia

ChiaBrisbane

Not really recommend

Common problem is aircon compressor not working. Airbag light is on. Many parts are installed from underneath. (I think the designer bans DIY). But I have to admit the previous owner didn't take care of this car. Pretty much every month I spent money on changing new parts. Good point is spacious room and a big boot.

BadgeS
Date PurchasedJul 2015
Don

DonSydney

Right About Everything Except The Resale Value.

A wonderful car. Had mine from near new. Ex Sydney 2000 Olympic Games car, had 300Kms on the clock at purchase. But it's value today is only in keeping it. Was thinking of upgrading to a Camry Hybrid so put it up for sale at $4K with only 82000 on the clock and seems like I couldn't give it away. Not that I want to. It has always been and still is such an entirely rewarding car to drive and to own.

BadgeExecutive

Late model commodore.

Mine had over 380,000 admittedly I looked after it. I was 2nd owner had 60,000. Was written off accessor said it was the best he'd seen give age and Ki's. Although, given the review I would now think twice, however my VT Calais ran 7.2 hwy 12.5 City
It was the most reliable I ever owned. Just regular services, touch ups and of cause good tyres rotated and balanced regularly .
Thanks All,

Engine Size3.8L V6
BadgeBerlina
susan.wightwick
susan.wightwick

G'day can I ask what model your talking about? I'm looking at purchasing one and am curious on models. Yours certainly sounds fantastic!

eardley

eardleyAU

This VT Commodore will be the last Holden I will ever buy, had 4 Holdens & only one was any good

The last Holden I will ever buy. Always something wrong with it. the last straw was when airbag/seat belt sensor went on so wouldn't pass rego until it was fixed. Turned out airbag was problem even though never been in an accident (bought it new in 1998)waited 3 months cause GMH didn't have a airbag in country (can you believe it the biggest selling Holden the VT and they had to order from overseas) Got lots of delaying excuses from supplier, Dealer & GMH (eg waiting to pass through quarantine , in port at Melbourne etc when in fact hadn't even arrived in country. was my 4th & will be my last Holden ever. (PS car maintenance & service was followed per GMH recommendations)

Engine Size3.8 V6
Transmissionauto
maximusthrashamus

maximusthrashamusnsw, 2044

Good old cheap holden-value for money.

chezrylAU

Good

James Gibb
James Gibb
Nick
Nick

Rear inner tyre wear is very common on these models and was fixed on the VXII model when rear castor adjustment arms were fitted. Rear castor adjustment bushes can be fitted in the the rear of VT-VX models to fix this prioblem.