Holman Dial EZY Controller

Holman Dial EZY Controller

Scott the Landscape PRO

Scott the Landscape PROThe Mallee, VIC

2 time round this basic 6 station controller is working well,

First one died with no apparent error but no signal transmitted to stations, but returned to bunnings and they replaced it on the spot, the second one has been going for 12mths no problems.

The Dial Ezy Irrigation Controller is designed for residential applications.

This six station controller enables you to set up separate start times, to a maximum of six starts per day.
Each start time can be set as a separate watering schedule.
The (valves) will water in sequential order and on the days selected.

This controller is great for low pressure and drip irrigation systems and for enabling flexible watering schedules to suit your local environment or watering restrictions.

Must be mounted indoors or under cover

dkkPerth

Same problem as IAN 11 NOVEMBER 18

Second controller, wont retain settings .Horrible product. Pity, i had previous model for years
Worked fine.Have contacted holman via there email contact page. Haven't heard back.They should recall product and issue refund. Obviously all controllers are duds.Refunds and apologies should be issued. Make whomever is responsible for this batch accountable

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Holman I.Holman

please call our service team who will walk through the programming with you to check it is not a programming error, they will then be able to replace it for you if it is indeed faulty.
1300 716 188.

Ian

IanPort Kennedy

Dial easy

Does not retain input values, date,time, start time, run times defaults when you turn the dial back to auto. Have to reset the times every time than it loses the information when you switch back to auto. Ok it's a brand new unit and doesn't do what you claim it should do.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Holman I.Holman

Hello Ian, please call us on 1`300 716 188 for assistance with this. Thank you, your Holman Team!

FredMandurah

which wires do you connect to get power and to use auxiliary manual water outlet from bore

The connection details are different from one Holman to another Holman irrespective of the same number of solenoid connections, when my brand new controller is turned on to power, it tells me the battery is faulty, far from happy, totally inconvenient, supplier too far away to make easy warranty return

Date PurchasedJun 2018

thankyou.

martinmelbourne

holman pro 469

Hi ,
What a lot of crap , I have spent so much wasted time trying to get the irrigation set up .
The same thing is happening to the controller that I have . I have had this for over 2 years and has never worked properly .
I have only 1 program set to go off with 4 stations . Station 1 starts when its supposed to but station 2,3 and 4 all start one after another and not at the times that they are set to start and the entire cycle will just keep on going .

Date PurchasedMay 2015
martin

Thank you for the comment but I have only set each station to go of once.
Can you please advise if there is some way of setting the controller back to a default mode, that will solve everything if what you wrote is correct .
Cheers,
Martin

Rhonda

RhondaGeraldton

It is so easy to set and forget just great when you program properly I love my dual timer. It is my

Dual timer is my jewel so easy and saves me so much time I’m now thinking about getting the 400 I am so impressed with the 200 . My front lawn has never looked so good now I can put the mower to good use and give myself a workout as well . Don’t know why the bad reviews I give it top marks.

Vince

VinceGlenbrook

I have bought a dial ezy plus

Holman I.Holman

Hello Vince, Thank you for your review! We are Australian owned and operated. If you require any further assistance, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188

J.L.

J.L.Perth

Power supply plugpack fail within 12 months

I bought the Dial EzyPlus from Bunnings. The power supply plug pack failed recently. Brought this to Bunnings for an exchange but was informed the EzyPlus is no longer available and they are unable to assist :-(.

Very upset as I paid $89 for this. Would have expected the power supply to last longer than this. Power supply is kept indoor and no chance of rain damage.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Leanne

LeannePerth

Tricky but worth it!

So easy to instal. Had a bit of trouble programming my timer but called the staff there and they were amazingly patient going thru all the programming with me. Wonderful Australian support
My irrigation now runs perfectly and i am very happy with it. Such a great product for a beginner gardener like myself and at a budget price. Good job Holman

Holman I.Holman

Thank you Leanne for your review. We are Australian owned and operated. If you require any further assistance, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188
Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

Glen

GlenADELAIDE

CLOCK LOSES TIME

I have bought 5 DIALEZY controllers and every time they seem OK until they are turned off for winter... on switching on in summer the programmes are still in memory but clock loses up to 4 hours ever day. They really are only reliable for the 12 months of warranty and seem to fail just outside warranty ... will not buy another one.

Holman I.Holman

Generally very good but very unhappy with Holman

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Greenink
Greenink

scholl

scholl

Health Hazard

This unit compared to the 28 year old mechanical one it replaced is difficult to program, for the not so young, make sure the unit is at eye level, as recommended, then struggle with the tiny writing identifying each function. This unit should come with a health hazard warning, EZY is misleading, setting up 6 stations for 1start is a health hazard, in my opinion, setting up 6 for multiple starts could prove deadly. This unit flashes OFP for OFF which was not a good start, will have to search for a mechanical controller and bin this, bought on eBay (will I never learn) at least Bunnings take returns over the counter.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Holman I.Holman

Thank you Scholl for your review, you are most welcome to call our wonderful tech team in customer service and they will walk thru the programing with you. Thank you, your Holman Service Team!

FAULTY AFTER WINTER LAY UP

Im having the same problem. After the winter lay up - i.e. unit switched to OFF - turning unit back on to test run to AUTO the unit registers 'faulty' and 'AC supply'
Using a test meter across the transformer output terminals (orange wires) correct current is showing at approx 27 volts ( 24 output from transformer).
Unit is less than 1 year old and already not working. Single station not working, test run not working. New battery replaced. Glass fuse checked and ok.
Not impressed at all. Old unit still worked even tho LED display was faded.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Holman I.Holman

Hello, Sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties with your unit. Please call our customer Service Team on 1300 716 133 and we will be happy to help.

gardener

gardener

Just purchased a new unit to replace the old one, good controllers once set up correctly

Have used Holman Dial Ezy controllers before and never had a any issues if they are set up correctly'
I have a CRS1556PR I replaced the old Dial Ezy I had that was about 8 years old, so old the housing perished and the numbers faded, never missed a beat, not bad for around 8 years and it was in the house when we bought the house so is likely older.
Before you go and condemn any product make sure you have followed procedure to set it up, it is a computer after all. They must be installed on thousands of homes all over Australia, go figure the odds of getting a bad one.

Cheers gardeners

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Scooterman

ScootermanAdelaide

Unit is faulty, when I switch to set day intervals it just shows me the current time of day...it's useless like this, goes off every day. This unit was installed about 8 months ago by landscaper and I don't have a receipt... Has cost me a lot in wasted water and has killed my Murraya hedge by overwatering according to nurseryman. Cost me $160 to replace 21 plants. Keep away from Holman, it's junk.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Just keeps watering!

My Ezy Controller just decides it wants to re-run the programs continuously. I set 4 solenoids to go off 15 mins apart. After the 4th it starts again until I switch the dial to off and then back to Auto for my next day of watering. Hardly "Ezy". The clock is also losing time so I have to adjust it each week. Wouldn't buy another one.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Holman I.Holman

This is a programming error. You need to have a single start time set, with start 2, 3 and 4 set to off. This will fix the issue. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Rubbish

Just bought two of these products and both are consistently giving me trouble. The latest problem is both at different times telling me there is a power fault. Can explain this product in one word (as in title) Rubbish.

men

menPerth

Loose connection inside unit

Bought this Holman Dial Ezy from Bunnings about 6 months ago. It has given nothing but trouble. There is a bad connection in the box which means it requires reprogramming every couple of weeks. It must be on the board because even a new battery doesn't keep the unit memory powered. Unfortunately have lost the bunnings receipt so can't return it. This is the second time that a Holman unit hasn't even lasted one year. Never again!!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Hi men,
please contact our service team at 1300 716 188 so we can help you further with your controller. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Absolute rubbish!!!

The best and only advice I would give to potential purchasers is; get another product, from another manufacturer!
I bought this from Bunnings to replace a 13 year old Hunter controller because the old one's LCD readout was getting unreliable. This Holman won't be programmed to run more than ONE station! Now I'll get the electrician back to reinstall the Hunter and hopefully get my money back from Bunnings.
Holman?...........NEVER AGAIN!!!

Absolute rubbish

I have had two of the holman Dial Ezy controllers and both have failed. I do not recomend this product to anyone. Absolute crap.

Freda

Fredaasked

Hi,
After running the system on a "Test Run" for 2 minutes, the system does not cut off. Never had this problem before. Have had system for 10 years. Can you please tell me why?

Holman I.Holman

hello Freda, How are you turning the water off? Thru the controller or by turning off the water supply. Please let us know if you are running a master solenoid. We will need to establish if it is the solenoid or the controller at fault. For technical assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Garry

Garryasked

I have a 6 station Ezy controller (outdoor).
It was turned off for winter and when I turned it back on, instead of watering two days a week (Mon and Frid), it waters every second day.
The display shows "ODD" and when I press the back arrow , it shows "EVEN"
How do I get back to just Mon and Frid?

Holman I.Holman

When programming in 'Set watering Days" select the 7 days, indicate the days you wish to water on, then dial out of that mode, it will be set to your given days. If you need further assistance with programming, please give our tech department a call on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Brett L.

Brett L.asked

hi
ive got a ezy dial controller . works fine except for the fact that it wont turn off and just loops back to the start.

do you have all the stations connected, ie is the last one connected and are you using a mains valve and or pressure pump with the setup?

kind of sounds like its stuffed though... is it under warranty? if you have a receipt bunnings will swap it over

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brett, I would say that you have more than one start time set. If only wanting to water once a day ensure that there is only a time set into "Start 1" if you set a time into all four starts this will cause it to keep repeating the program four times.
If you need any help please call 1300716188.

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

CategoryGarden Tools