400, 200, 100

craigwreid1
craigwreid1Sydney, NSW

Dead after just over 2 years

A water timer that lets in water and dies just outside of the 2 year warranty. Great...this will be the last time I buy Holman. Premium price for a poor product.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $99.00.

Robert P
Robert PSydney, NSW

Dud Product, Not Recommended.

Like many other reviewers, system display shows watering however the solenoid valve does not open. Battery level full as shown on the display. Therefore no actual watering takes place! Apart from the obvious it's so frustrating thinking the garden is being watered.

Purchased from Bunnings thinking Holman was a solid brand and wanted to support an Australian company. Very disappointed with this dud product. Wish I seen the other reviews prior to making a purchase decision.

Not again, have since purchased a replacement a US product via Amazon with 600+ positive reviews

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

southerngirl62
southerngirl62Sydney, NSW

Don't buy this rubbish

2 timers in 3 years no support with a $5 fee for over the phone charge for support. I am an advocate for buying Australian but this product is total rubbish.
Look elsewhere for a better product.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Trebortas

No real problems

Bought from Bunnings before start of last seasons Tomatoes in Greenhouse. Saved my bacon. Now in use for its second session - (repaced battery even though it still showed full). Running without a problem. Once you get the various settings right, you can go away with peace of mind.Found these adverse reviews whilst tryin to purchase another unit to water the rest of my garden during the Christmas break. Will keep my fingers crossed. Cheers.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Trebor, Thank you for your review!

Trav H.
Trav H.Western District, VIC

Can't trust it to actually work

Worked fine for one summer of watering, now only works about 20% of the time. Most times when it comes on (either manually or via schedule) the display indicates that it's on but no water flows. Started happening intermittently but now happens all the time. Have changed out batteries to no avail.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

ozgeek
ozgeekAU

Shoddy product. Couldn't start when timed to go. Buttons don't work.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Conrad
ConradSouth East Queensland, QLD

Zero star rating

Bought first unit from Bunnings. Zone 4 solenoid not functional. Returned and swapped with a second unit. Zones 1 and 2 not working! Very frustrating. Wish I'd seen this website first. Looks like it is hard to find a decent 4 zone programmable tap timer that actually works.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $164.00.

Anthony
AnthonyAustralian Capital Territory

Needs no star rating

Bought from Bunnings worked great for two weeks. Then solenoids failed in 2,3, and 4 so I could only use the first line. I wished I’d seen this website before I purchased this and saved my time and money.

Purchased in August 2020 for $154.00.

Peter and Debra
Peter and DebraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waist of money

We have now got three of these things. They work on occasions most of the time they are useless attachments on the tap that waist more time fiddling with then it would take to hand water. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $180.00.

Bette M
Bette M

Not worth 1 star. Complete rubbish.

I have now had a gardener, a landscaper and a handyman all attempt to get this completely useless instrument working. When I add up my time invested and theirs, it demonstrates what a poor choice I made. Do not waste your money or time!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $180.00.

Milo
MiloPerth, WA

Rubbish

Have had one for over a year so cant return now, but manual watering doesnt work and program watering doesnt always come on, bought another one 2 weeks ago for the front yard, the manual watering and programmed watering doesnt work so will be taking back asap, waste of money specially when it cost $160

Dave
Dave

Random failures and then complete failure

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $164.00.

jemcm
jemcmAU

Rubbish, like everyone else suggest.

Like all the other poor reviews, says it is watering in either auto or manual but no water comes out. We had it set while we were away and came back to carnage.

Avoid or at least keep your receipt, you'll be returning it within 3 months.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $165.00.

Only one cycle works

I bought a couple of months ago. One start time works on each cycle only. The second cycle, the valve doesn’t open but the screen shows it is watering. What am I doing wrong??

Purchased in January 2020.

Ken L.
Ken L.Perth, WA

Good initially but disappointed few months later

Was working well until recently starts to have leaks, disconnected the hose and discovered probably the valve not shutting properly causing the leak and inconveniences have to keep drying the water puddles. Disappointed.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $105.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Paul Barlow
Paul Barlowasked
Water Whiz 400

This is my second Holman Water Whiz 400 and I am having the same problem. This one has served well for nearly 2 years. I have three outlets connected. Of late the Holman is leaking once again from the neck of the unit. The flat top of the white neck has broken off from the body of the main neck. Can this part be replaced? Or do I now need to buy a new one again?
Paul

Adrian Riccioni
Adrian Riccioniasked
Water Whiz

My holmans whiz 200 is leaking between the hose fitting and the body of the unit
How can I sort it out
Adrian

Trebor

Hi Adrian. Myriad possibilities and probably many you will have tried - but if it helps anyone? No knowledge of Water wiz 2, but looking at all my timers there would appear to common points. Let's start at the beginning. Disconnect any hoses and fittings attached to WWz. Turn off tap to unit and ensure unit is not set to supply water. Turn on tap. Is any water apparent. I have had a few issues with fitting to tap leaking, water dribbling down back and appearing at the bottom as a leak. If leaking from tap fitting, 'Nip' up tighness and check again. Check washer in connector and replace. Fixed?? OK no leak from connection. Is water still appearing at bottom - consider a hair-line fracture from either over -tightening connectors OR was unit exposed to frost. Get a new one and remove before your expected first frosts! No leaks, then check hose connectors on outlets. The rubber washers harden over time and either need a further 'nip' up from finger tightening, or replace the washers. Ensure hose is properly connected to hose connector and hose connector firmly 'snaps on ' to unit nipple connector.
Hope this has helped. Cheers.

Byron
Byronasked
Water Whiz 400

I Have a Waterwhiz 400 and the zone #1 will not close. I have tried the reset function, the manual running of zone #1 for 1 min etc, but it still will not close zone #1. When I run the manual function on zone #1 it almost instantly shows reset on a blank screen.
Your earliest attention will be appreciated.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Byron, for product support, please contact us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives