Holman Water Whiz

100, 200 and 400

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

Not rubbish....but close

I had a Pope 3 way timer for ten years but the programming button wore out so I went shopping at Bunnings. I found the Holman 4 way and decided the extra outlet could be useful so I bought one. To be fair I've been using it for 18 months without a problem until the feeder pipe started leaking inside the unit and now sprays water all over the electrical equipment inside. As a result its heading for the bin. I've just been to Bunnings to buy a 3 way Pope. So I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I had a $99 Pope timer for 10 YEARS and a $169 Holman for 18 MONTHS. If you do the maths.......... Good luck with whatever you choose to buy.

Purchased in May 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $169.00.

Frustratingly annoying

We live 350km away from store... took it home... programmed it and only 1 water station worked properly. First station would sometimes allow manual override and other times it would not open the valve. Station 2 worked how the product should have but then station 3 and 4 did not open the valve at all. I am worried about getting a replacement and having to drive 700km round trip to be disappointed again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $165.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Lisa, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this! Our trouble shooting is available on our website. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Lisa

Can you send me the direct link to the trouble shooting please? If it is the same blurb as is on your instructions, it didn't work:( Regards

BlackyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Timer failing multiple times

Not impressed, this is the third one I've replaced, being in the industry not happy about going back each time and changing the unit, I'm now looking at a different product,

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $105.00.

Blacky

Can you give me more information about pressure sensitivity,i am running the unit set on 500kpa ??

Holman I.Holman

Hello Terrence, for technical support, please call us on 1300 716 188.

BiBi43North-East, TAS

Extremely disappointing

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Holman I.Holman

hello BiBi43, thank you for your feedback, we are sorry to hear this was not the correct product for your watering needs, we will pass your comments along to Development. Thank you, your Holman Team!

brettsnz

brettsnzPerth, WA

Flawless so far

Has worked flawlessly for the last 18 months and will hopefully continue to do so for a while to come. I very rarely review anything but the one star this thing is averaging is not justified in my opinion. Fingers crossed I haven't cursed it by writing this review.

Purchased in November 2017 for $150.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brettsnz, thank you for your review!

Petstra Gardens

Petstra GardensGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable & Expensive

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $95.00.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Petstra Gardens, thank you for your review!

Lasted 12 months

Disappointed to read these reviews as mine has now done the same.
The system has been resetting its time, so unless i check it the system wont come on when required. Middle of summer? Not ideal. Then when i use manual on, put a time in, it starts, i can not use manual off i just have to wait it out... but not the time i input, whatever time it feels like. Sometimes a half hour, sometimes ten minutes. I have tried new batteries even though it made no indication of being low. Still no joy. Sometimes no water comes through (at least once a week)... has anything been changed since the below reviews? Very unsure if i should replace it with the same if i will just get the same model.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $149.00.

bomber67

bomber67

No Water Flowing Through When Programmed & LED Display Script Lights Up & Timer Resets

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Holman I.Holman

Hi bomber67, Thank you for your review. if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please email us at service@holmanindustries or call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team.

Dave

DaveAdelaide

Continually fails

Unreliable, turns itself off, comes back on with the wrong time. Great if you want your garden randomly watered. It's priced as a fairly premium product but right from the word go was not keeping time correctly and after only 6 months has completely failed. Cheap product in nice packaging.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Holman I.Holman

Hello Dave, thank you for your review.
We are available at our Perth warehouse thru the week for any customer queries you may have, and you may call to speak with us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

santo

santo

Nice interface and flexibility. Would be perfect if it allowed water to pass through itself.

Loved the user interface and flexibility of programming. Four watering zones each with 4 individual programmable runtimes including frequency (select which days to water or the option to choose every second or third day) gives heaps of flexibility.
Unfortunately after a week it simply stopped working reliably. Had it replaced and that unit failed within a couple of days.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Holman I.Holman

Hello Santo, thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this has happened. We will pass this along to our development team. If you need any assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

AndreaAdelaide

Buy Orbit ... you won't be sorry!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Glen W

Glen Wasked

How do you set it?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Glen, please refer to your instruction sheet.

Andrew

Andrewasked

Water Whiz 400

Battery just went flat which is fair enough but one of the valves is now permanently open. I have replaced the batteries and tried to trick it to close by putting on manual but wont close. This is the third unit Ive had, all replaced under warranty at Bunnings, but I cant find the receipt now as this one has been going great for a while. Is there any way to get the valve to close?

Holman I.Holman

Please call 1300 716 188 for technical support.

Heidiasked

Water Whiz 400

Purchased our second one of these about 2 weeks ago and 2 of the valves do not seem to get water to them. Ive turned the taps n and off and swapped it to manual to test but nothing. Is it a faulty system we have.

BiBi43

I think they have a faulty batch. I had one good one that has been working well for a long time so I put another on the other section of garden. But this was nothing but trouble, it even drained my tank because I failed to notice it had not turned off and ran all night. Bunnings kindly replaced it, but that one was also faulty, so they again changed that. But this one again had problems so Bunnings allowed me to exchange it for one made in Germany (plus extra cash because it was more expensive). This one has been running reliably without any trouble since installed and I love how you can click off the controls and take them inside to program it, unlike the Holmans which you have to crouch at tap height to see what you are doing.

Blacky

I agree that its faulty, i have changed 3 so far and hopefully the 4th touch wood is ok
make sure your battery's are in good condition also,

Heidi

BiBi if you dont mind me asking what is the German one? Its annoying as we have one that works well in our front yard but this one we got for the backyard does not seem to come on automatically and 2 valves dont work manually, yet they did go manually when we set it up.

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives