Home & Co (Kmart) 2400W Iron

Home & Co (Kmart) 2400W Iron

Cheap and durable

Need to handle with care with gentle fabrics. Works good for cotton shirts, trousers, jeans and jackets.
Light weight and compact to store. Steams in seconds and gets heated very quickly.

Purchased in April 2016 at Kmart Retail Stores for $25.00.

Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

Bad product

We Bought it a few months ago...gets heaed way too much and ironing plate is of cheap quality ..it has spoiled so much of our clotheWouldnt recommend it to anyone!!!!

Purchased in October 2018 for $24.00.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

happy choose it

It's a nice iron, well-made. The details are also well done and look textured. Features complete, temperature has a number of options, suitable for a variety of fabrics for clothing. It has a large spray and a high heating rate. It's a great product to recommend.I am happy with it.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Simple iron but works fine

It ain't pretty, that's for sure but this iron is a perfectly adequate performer. It heats up quite quickly and has a reasonable quality sole plate. Glides nicely over my shirts and doesn't seem to attract too much gunk. Steam works fine and it holds the set temperature well. Nothing deluxe but its cheap and works just fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Pretty good for the price

Its pretty good for the price but it's obviously a bit cheaper made than some of the big brand ones. Its does work exactly as its designed though. I think they saved money with the thickness and quality of the base plate material. It seems like a cheap alloy but it gets the ironing done and it's only $25

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ok for the $$$

Being on a budget thought i would get an iron within budget. Yeah its Ok but bottom plate sticks to some clothes, self cleaning function not good at all. Will admit its still going after 10 months but next time i think i will go for a Brand name after doing some research.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good everday iron

Nothing fancy about this iron. It is a simple classic design that works very well indeed. Feels good in the hand and heats up quickly too. Cord length is quite reasonable and steam works really well. If you want a functional iron and don't care about posh brand names this iron will do the job very well indeed. Recommended

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent cheap but decent iron

This is the "no frills" special iron. Its' cheap, Iit works well, much better than you would expect for the price. It heats quickly, holds steady temperate and handles cotton just fine. Steam works well although it takes a while to get going. Cord length is adequate. Really there's nothing remarkable about this iron, nor are there any problems with it. It works fine just thats its Kmart brand.

Standard iron, works well

Good basic iron. It follows the exact standard iron layout with central rotary heat dian and steam shot button on the tip of the handle. Its a little lighter in the hand than some, but its very very cheap too. It works well, can do a business shirt in no time flat and the main thing - it doesn't drip or leak like my old one. Works fine.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Cheapest Iron I could Find - not too shabby

I wanted the cheapest iron I could find because I have to iron my shirts from time to time but I don't care about it. This fits the bill perfectly. Its lightly built but still got Aussie safety approval so that's good. It works surprisingly well. It heats up quick and I can get my shirt dome in a minute or two. Its not about to win any design awards but it functions fine and did I mention it is cheap?

Basic Iron Is Fine

This is a super basic iron and its obviously made to a budget. It however works perfectly and and is cheap as anything. It heats up quickly and holds the temperature well, The cord is long enough in my laundry and hey it irons! It has passed Australian safety standards so it probably wont catch fire or anything! It does the job

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Its OK Does The Job

My main requirements for an iron are working passably and being cheap because I dont care about ironing. This meets my need perfectly and is better than expected at the price. Its a bit cheap in the hand but it works perfectly and I can quickly iron a shirt with no problems. It isnt about to win any design awards, but it does the job just fine.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Cheap and pretty good

After spending a lot of money on my previous iron which didn’t last that long, I thought I would try the cheap Home & Co Kmart one. As I ordered it online I was surprised how light it was. It also has a smaller ironing surface area. It heats well but I don’t think it is as hot as my previous one. It is self cleaning which is a bonus for such a cheap iron. If your just generally ironing this is a go, but for more specific clothing, silk etc I would invest in a better quality iron.

Suits Me Works Well

This is a cheap price iron and I was a little wary even plugging it in at first but it says it passes Australian standards. It actually works remarkably well - way better than you would expect and I have no complaints. I can press a shirt on those rare occasions I have to and I have not spent much to do so. It is good.

Cheap And Works Well

Got this because I don't care about ironing but I have to do it occasionally and it was cheap. I didn't expect much and this thing turned out better than I expected. It feels a bit cheap when you first pick it up but it functions just fine and I expect that its been checked to Australian safety standards otherwise Kmart wouldn't sell it. It heats up and remains temperature stable and irons shirts just fine

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Does what I need it to do.

This heats up fairly quickly, temperature control is spot on, love the steam function makes it easier to iron the clothes. The iron is very safe and reliable to use. I have not has any problems with this iron since I purchased it and would recommend it to anyone looking.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good Value Really

My old iron developed an electrical fault (it kept tripping the house's Safety Switch, a not-so-subtle hint that I should chuck it out) so I have now finished two long sessions with my new Home & Co steam iron to catch up on the backlog.

Although in the budget price range ($15 at KMart and you wonder how they can make it, freight it and sell it for that price), I couldn't find fault with it. Previously-reported leakage problems appear to have been rectified.

It has the usual settings : temperature dial, variable steam range, shot of steam, water spray and also an Auto-Off mechanism for the absent-minded.

It has two additional features I like: a self-cleaning cycle to remove scale and other deposits from the watertank and soleplate and, when used in the vertical position, strong steaming to remove wrinkles and creases from my hung shirts and pants.

All in all, the Home & Co Steam Iron I have works as expected, is innovative in some ways, and represents good value at the price.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bad! Leaks water everywhere!

I agree with the previous review. This iron heats up ok but leaks water everywhere no matter how little water you put in. Wouldn't recommend buying it! I was attracted to the price but not worth it. Luckily Kmart is great at offering a refund! Didn't have any issue with returning it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

This product is dangerous!

Sold by K-Mart, this iron looks to be good value at $29 with a replacement warranty. It heats up quickly and evenly, sends generous blasts of steam out when required, has a good pattern for the water spray and the non-stick plate doesn't stick or burn. It does everything an iron should at a very reasonable price.

That's the good news.

The bad news, and this is REALLY BAD, is that right out of the box it leaks water badly from the pump switches (the ones used for the steam jets and the spray) with water dribbling down over the user's hand holding the iron. The water then collects in the cavity where the mains power cord enters the iron creating a potential risk of electrical shock. This risk is exacerbated by the tendency of the swivel attachment for the power cord to become loose quickly. After purchasing one of these irons, I quickly returned it to my local K-Mart and was given a replacement iron which did the exact same leaking trick. I returned the second iron and explained the problem to the Customer Service attendant who agreed that the issues with the iron were potentially dangerous. I suggested that this should warrant a product recall however more than two months after my experiences, my local K-Mart is still selling this same iron. I regard this as irresponsible and unacceptable and I hope that someone from K-Mart reads this review and takes note. I do not want to read in the newspaper that someone has been electrocuted by a K-Mart iron.

As a replacement, I bought the Target version of a similar iron. Though different in body style, the Target iron does all the good things I've attributed to the K-Mart iron and mentioned at the start of this review, and costs the same $29 charged by K-Mart for it's disaster-waiting-to-happen iron.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I have a Home & Co steam iron from K-Mart Model: KB-602E2 (or similar with LCD display). It isn't working and has Err displayed on a blue screen. I have done the self clean and it is still showing this error. Not sure how to fix it. Anyone have any ideas? I've misplaced my receipt so don't think I will be able to exchange it

My iron is doing the exactly same thing - continuous beep with no explanation in user manual. Had the iron for less than a month!

Please can you answer the question about the beeping. Driving me nuts!
you need to perform a self clean on the iron. Turn the steam completely off, fill the water tank and set temp to highest temp. When the plate has reached the temp unplug the iron and hold over a sink. Turn steam dial to self clean (you will need to hold it in this position as it will not remain in the self clean setting unless you are holding the dial there) The water from the tank will start coming from the heat plate, as you are holding over a sink just move the iron backwards and forwards gently to get all the build up out of the iron with the water. Do this until the tank is empty. Plug it back in and you shouldn't have the beeping problemThank you for taking the time to reply to my query. I had eventually worked it out when I found the instructionsI have done this function and it is still screaming at me!!!!

2400W Iron