Braun Texstyle 7 Series

Braun Texstyle 7 Series

TS715A, TS725A, TS745A, TS755A and TS765ATP

See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

I'm Happy With It

Works pretty good so far. Not too heavy and the amount of steam required can be adjusted. It hasn't stuck to anything yet, unlike my last one, so I am very happy.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Linen Perfect

At last an iron that really does get hot enough to iron pure linen and pure cotton. Since purchasing this iron my steam generator iron has been left untouched and all my ironing has been done with the Braun. It is heavier than most similar irons making it ideal for those fabrics which require pressing as well as heat.
The soleplate has a good pattern of steam holes and lots of them. There is a sliding scale control for the amount of steam produced. The instructions say that the soleplate should be cleaned with steel wool which I haven't had to put to the test yet as it is still clean and smooth. Nor have I had to use the anticalc system as yet.
It has an open ended handle which is a prop for the iron when on its heel rest. I was unsure about this when I first saw pictures of the product but it has not been a problem.
The water cup is larger than usual and its triangular shape makes it very easy to grip and pour for my somewhat arthritic hands.
The cord is about 2.5 metres in length.
An excellent purchase for me!

Anti-dripping however start dripping so much the first moment when I used it.

As per my title, I bought the iron "TexStyle 7 Steam Iron with Eloxal Solepl" from goodguy few days ago and pickup yesterday. As I was using it, the water start dripping from the holes. Really bad. Now, I have to travel back again to the shop for refund and at the moment I do not have the times. So felt really let down with the product.

Purchased in July 2019.

Very disappointed

I bought this iron just over 2 years ago and was pretty happy with it most of the time. It did leak at times if not on the hottest setting and is quite heavy but I coped. Unfortunately today the iron is not heating up. The light blinks and then nothing! I would have thought a reputable brand like Braun would last much longer than this. Very disappointed and unsure if ai would purchase again.

Purchased in March 2017 for $99.00.

Clothing Material Cotton and Synthetics

Best iron I've had - and I've been through a few!

Excellent steaming capability, especially good for items that crease easily
Nice weight which contributes to its ability to remove creases, and nice to hold
Excellent cord length - not too short
Can't fault it:)

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $119.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Wool

Excellent performance

Purchase this product last year and very happy with it.
I really like this iron and work perfectly with my need.
I recommend this product to anyone interested in basic everyday iron

Purchased in June 2018 at Amazon for $89.00.

Good reliable feel

Good hefty feel to it without actually being too heavy, and is comfortable to weild.
Intuitive design, swift heating and has loads of bells and whistles.
Several steaming options to choose from but also simple enough for the layman to pick up and use without the aforementioned abundance of added features.
Adequate enough cable length and the overall design looks and feels very sleek.
Good on all my clothes of varying fabrics, impressed at how quick, easy and smooth gliding it feels.

Got a good Amazon Cashback deal on this and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Purchased in June 2018 at Amazon for $30.00.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Wool

Great and cheap quality iron

Purchased this during a cashback promotion from Braun and wife is very happy with the iron. A little heavy but glides well and doesn't leak (so far). Good steaming action as well.

Purchased in February 2019 at Amazon for $66.00.

Perfect for the job

This is probably the best iron I have ever used, and I have been through quite a few.

Heats up quickly, and the steam function is excellent. It sits very sturdily on the ironing board and I have never had an issue with leaking. Highly recommended.

Purchased in June 2018.

Clothing Material Cotton

Very good, but did not last as long as expected

I have been very happy with this iron but it has recently stopped heating. Had it lasted longer I'd have given it 5 stars.
It lasted 3 years and 2 months. I believe the warranty was 12 months, but for $145 I thought I would get maybe 5 years with it. It has been well looked after and still looks like new. I took it to my local wonderful Repair Cafe (check these out on the web for one near you) as it was out of warranty so had nothing to lose. Long story short, it needed a replacement part but sadly these are no longer available. Now it will go to landfill, like many other items that are irreparable these days.
I'll probably replace the iron with a Tefal or Phillips, and will be looking for a longer warranty period.

Purchased in March 2016 at The Good Guys.

Clothing Material Cotton, Denim and Synthetics

If you have to iron this is the one !

Nobody likes ironing but if you need to this is the one to get. It is ergonomically design for ease of use and works equally well on a range of materials. I particularly like the generous steam that the iron produces and the great range of temperature settings.

Purchased in January 2018 at Harvey Norman for $87.00.

2 years old and went up in flames

Whilst ironing as I normally do, the iron started smoking then flames shot out of the iron near the top and the sides.
The iron was a Braun TexStyle Type 4661E

Purchased in March 2017.

irons clothes quite well....

Bought this iron reluctantly, to replace a Sunbeam Ultura that we had for around 15 years, so sad, as it was the best iron that we had ever owned. This new Braun iron was a Choice recommended one, about the 3rd one on the Choice list, and for the price, it does what it is supposed to do. Our budget was around $120, and after looking around, it was the best that was on offer for what we wanted to pay. It was one of the lighter irons on the current market. The only negative is that your hand/fingers can sometimes knock the temp control that is under the handle, so not really the best design. Very efficient with water use, compared to our old Sunbeam. While it glides OK, it is not as good as our previous iron. The auto switch off is good for safety.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $109.00.

Best Iron Ever

This is the best iron I have ever owned. I mainly use the iron for business shirts. The reason this is the best iron is the steam function works the way it should. On other irons, when you lower the steam setting you get water dripping out the bottom because the heat in the iron can't turn it to steam. On the Braun it doesn't happen at any level. This alone can justify the price and my 5 star review.

Purchased in November 2016 at The Good Guys for $99.00.

Clothing Material Cotton

Great Value for Money. Works Great!

This iron works great on all fabrics. I normally use it to iron my work shirts and the handle provides a good rotational flexibility to move around buttons. It glides smoothly and the construction feels very solid and feels like good quality that can last a long time. I love this iron.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $89.00.

Clothing Material Cotton

Braun sent out a returned and used FACTORY SECOND instead of new and unopened

As the company sent out a Factory Second instead of what they advertised as Clearance Stock (new and unopened with very minor box damage) I can't say much as to it's performance. But what I can say is that the iron we received (clearly a return showing signs of use) that it already has fraying on the cord and the Saphir plate has scratches (advertised as the toughest in their range). I can see why someone returned it and I will also be returning it and not purchasing Braun again.

Purchased in February 2019 for $90.00.

Excellent All-round Steam Iron

This is a great Iron, works perfectly form soft silks to stubborn cottons.
The iron heats up fast and the steam is strong and consistent.
There are a few negatives:
- The dial is poorly placed - it's easy for the fingers when gripping the iron to accidentally knock it and alter the heat settings without knowing.
- if you don't "anticalc" frequently, the iron can shockingly go into 'cleaning' mode spontaneously, putting all the calcium and gunk all over your item.
- The iron can get a little noisy, sounding like a boiling kettle.

But overall, it's a great iron in gliding all the wrinkles out of every garment no matter the material.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Happy with this Iron

Bought the Braun TS 765A (Not the TP which is discontinued according to this site). Got it at a discount price plus the cashback offer brings it to a very good iron at a great price of $79. Has a 400ml water reservoir which is more than many irons. Great variable steam function - I've never had to use the full steam setting - half way gives plenty of steam. Glides over all fabrics well. Not too heavy at around 1.25kg. Several other equivalent brands are much heavier. Cord length 2.5m - not as long as my old iron which was 3m, but adequate for my needs. Like that you have a dial to alter the temperature setting, not like the ones that are supposed to self adjust the temperature to the fabric. I like to be able to adjust both steam and temp. to get just the right mix for a cetain fabric, and not have the iron do it for me. One slightly annoying thing for me is the cord is situated below the handle (really a lever as the handle is not attached at the rear end) on a ball joint. The cord rotates into one of two positions in the ball joint - left side or right side of handle which you have to move yourself as it sometimes sits in the wrong position when I am ironing. This slight inconvenience may be just due to the ironing position I have my board in, in relation to where the cord is plugged in. As much as I hate ironing, this iron at least makes the chore relatively easy.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Excellent Iron - Simple, easy to use, quality

works well with many types of fabrics, using the different types of modes. cheap and good quality build. the cable is braided which also helps in durability. very satisfied with the purchase, got a good deal from amazon and there was a cashback promotion as well to sweeten the deal

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Seamless Ironing

This iron eschews the current trend of complicated functionality, and delivers what all of us at home really want: something that glides effortlessly and steady steam production, with minimal weight. The one outstanding innovation it has is the ability to iron in reverse due to the curvature of the base plate.

Date PurchasedJul 2018