Kmart Homemaker Steam Mop STM-501

Kmart Homemaker Steam Mop STM-501

MPN: STM-501

See the Best Steam Mops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Consumer1001

Consumer1001

Lasted a just over a year....

Purchased in May 2018 at Kmart for $45.00.

Mandy

MandyPalmerston, NT

KMart Bring This Steam Mop Back!!

Have used this steam mop to clean two houses. Works a dream. Water tank is small but I can do whole house floors with 2-3 topups. Site of plug cord is annoying as it always gets under/in way of your feet. It is lightweight, easy to use, cleans and dries super fast with no streaking. It was so good I wanted my own. However, KMart has superseded this one with an ANKO brand, which I absolutely loathed and returned within 24 hours. Its heavy, clunky, the triangular pad wouldnt stick properly and especially when getting into the corners like its meant to; it leaked, it left water streaks everywhere and couldnt be switched off on the handle switch I had to flick it off at the PowerPoint. Please bring this STM501 back!!!

Melissa.S

Melissa.SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great for a year, then it stopped working

Worked great for a year and then it stopped. Lightweight. Yes small water tank but not an issue for me to take a few seconds to refill. Was a few minutes until the floor was dry and not slippery.

Purchased at Kmart.

Was THE BEST replaced by K-mart with a new model that is no good!

This was the best mop we ever had. Cleaned well, no streaks of water, floor dry is seconds. The only problem was that it lasted around a year and we had to buy a new one after this model broke down. Unfortunetley, K-mart no logner sells these and the new ANKO model is nowhere near the previous one. It does not clean well as the previous model did and the floor is all wet so you wait a few minutes till it becomes dry. Very dissapointed with this new model. The only good thing about is the swivel head and larger watertank but otherwise I do not like it. Loved the old one. Please bring it back!

Purchased in February 2018 at K-mart for $49.00.

BIG BOYBRISBANE

STM-501 NOT NOW AVAILABLE REPLACED BY ANKO MODEL JC-230.

I purchased the K-Mart steam mop on the good reviews of the STM-501, however, was advised by staff that it has been superseded by the ANKO JC-230 now $49. Worked okay, however, the pad only picked up grime around the edges of the pad, nothing in the center! My old steam mop had toweling pads which collected dirt all over the base. Am going to have to improvise somehow to make the center of the pad reach the floor - will purchase extra pads & some velcro. Will try two pads at a time to see if that will work; Only one pad is included with the mop purchase. pity, it would be better marketing if 2 or 3 were included at a slightly dearer price.

Purchased in July 2019 for $49.00.

SamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best one don't pay more

I purchased this after buying and returning two shark mops.
Hands down the best and it's a quarter of the price.
I've had mine for around 2 years. Never had a problem I have large white tiled floors and it works great.
Never streaks always spotless.
And replacements pads are available as well.
Don't waste your money on big branded ones.

Purchased in February 2017 at Kmart Retail Stores for $45.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

Jayd

JaydSoutheast, SA

Simply The Best Ever!!

Of all the steam mops I have had, this has to be the best. Nice and compact fits into the corners during use, puts out really good jets of steam, leaves the floor dry and no streaks. Pads are easily fitted onto the base with velcro, what more can I say only please Kmart don't change it or discontinue.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $45.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Cindy

CindyWestern Australia

does the job

I like it and it does what it's supposed to do. water tank is small but hey why complaint for something that cost $35. It's worth every cent. If it breaks in a year it was still worth it

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for $35.00.

Angel

AngelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Loved it

I loved this steam mop when I purchased it and for the bargain price it worked fantastically. Unfortunately I had to return for a refund about 8 months after buying when it stopped steaming/heating up properly and spitted out water leaving my floors soaking wet. I didn’t opt for a replacement but chose a refund, but I will probably buy another one as when it was working it worked great. I would recommend anyone to make sure they keep their receipt though.

Purchased in February 2018 at Kmart Online Store for $45.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles

Disappointed

Not happy to be honest, it's not mentioned anywhere about wattage. my husband bought it not know it so he got it to try it, very weak specially for dried stuff on floor it won't remove them. It's water finishes very quickly considering you need to keep going on spots few times before it gets cleaned( if it does). Cord is a normal size but bad thing about it is that it gets on the way if mopping if u want to use all length of it. I am not a big fan of rectangle mop cloth I prefer triangle but that's my opinion.
Finally good point, it gets ready quickly. It doesn't leave the floor wet if ur floor is not very dirty and u want to use it slightly.

Purchased in February 2019 at Mt druitt for $48.00.

Best one I've tried.

Loving this mop. Had known brand names before and found them heavy and hard work. Love the fact that this is small and light weight. Job takes less time. can do my whole house with 2 tanks full of water. Floors feel squeaky clean afterwards. Wont be spending loads of money on big brands again. Totally recommend this mop.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Dee4802

Dee4802Qld, 4802

Does a great job at a low price

I bought the KMart steam mop to trial a steam mop on our new tiled floors, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
It’s light and easy to use, with the water level easy to see and fill, and the mop head is attached via Velcro for easy removal. The only downfall I’ve experienced is the cord length, which is easily fixed with an extension cord.
I haven’t bothered to upgrade to a more expensive steam mop as this is doing a great job.

Anne

AnneGosnells

Cheap option but works best!Loved it

This works wonders! For the cheap price compared to most steam mops,this is worth way more than the price. Had it for 6months now and no problems with the item yet. i steam mop the whole house every week and i love it! The steam is really nice and it cleans quickly.
Cons- it's noisy. so you wouldnt want to steam mop if you have a baby sleeping.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Janmarie

Janmarie

So far so good !!

I have a lot of tiled area and after reading positive online reviews I took myself off to K-Mart and honestly I can't fault it ..... I've only been using it for a few weeks but very happy with the cleaning and ease of use....I would not hesitate in reccomending this product.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Susan P

Susan PAU

Not happy! Electrical sparks and dead steamer.

After a handful of uses, the steamer started sparking and a strong burning electrical smell was emitted. I switched off and tried to turn on again but it was dead. Very scary experience, I would not recommend this product.You get what you pay for. I have now purchased a more expensive steamer mop from Good Guys (I hope this one doesn't blow up!).

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Maggie

MaggieBrisbane

Best yet

I bought this steam mop as my other one had broken and I wanted some time to do some research before I purchased a “better quality brand“. I was immediately impressed by the cleaning standard of this machine. I will look no further as I just love it. Thank you K Mart.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Dani

DaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best $45 I’ve spent this year!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

R T

R T

I have seen the light

Mon183

Mon183Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic steam mop

My old Kenwood steam mop stopped working and I was going to spend about $200 to replace it, then read the reviews about the Homemaker (now called Home & Co.) steam mop and thought I would go to Kmart and buy it for $45. This machine is fantastic for the price. If you just want something to steam clean the floors, this is a great steam mop at an unbelievably cheap price. Heats up very quickly and cleaned my tiled floors brilliantly. You need to be careful and watch the water level. Put the mop pad straight onto the mop head with the Velcro. This is not a fancy mop, it is compact and very easy to use. Can't believe it only cost me $45. So happy I read the reviews and didn't go out and spend a fortune.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Value for money and does the job

Very satisfied with good Ol Kmart steam mop - it does the job. doesn't leave pools of water around. dries quick.
Glad I didnt spend hundreds on top brands as this does the job perfectly. Best $45 i spent this week. very light and heats up quick too.
Good on ya Kmart!

John

Johnasked

My brand new steam mop will not steam. The tank feels hot but no steam even after 8 minutes. Is there a solution.

Donna Malone

Donna Maloneasked

My son bought me this Steam Mop last xmas. I was moving in the February so didn't bother using it till I got to my new house. Come March my son set it up for me and I was very happy with it, until last week he pointed out the scratches all over the tiles. I nearly died. My whole house is tiled except bedrooms. When inspecting the bottom of the mop you can see how the pad only covers the middle and the sides of the machine are all scruffed from rubbing on the tiles. I am disgusted that anyone could make such a stupid mistake when designing something like this. I don't have a receipt as sons wife hasn't kept it so how do I go about getting my money back. You can see by the machine it is in excellent condition as it has only been used twice a month since March.

BIG BOY

Hi Donna, unfortunately I cannot help rectify your problem and I, certainly, would write to Kmart with your complaint. My mop is the one which has replaced the STM-501. I am not happy with the one and only pad that came with the mop, it certainly does not clean the floor properly - I am. somehow, having to pad the centre of the triangle head to allow it to meet the floor, the time I used it there were no scratches on the tiles, I will keep a watch on that. I will purchase a set of pads and will try to use 2 at a time to see if that works.
Thank you and I believe you should put the above complaint on the reviews for others to read. Kindest regards BIG BOY.

Casa

Casaasked

My mop just stopped steaming, 2hat old be the problem and can I fix it.
Regards
Carol

Sam

Our teenage daughter put floor cleaner in mine once and thus happened so hubby opened it up and cleaned out the jets was good as new.

Get an answer from our members and Kmart representatives