Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

See the Best Super Sport Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Mileage 9,000 km
  • Fuel Efficiency
  • Comfort
  • Handling
TibiriousMontreal

Blackbird is a SICK MACHINE!!!

Purchased in September 2018 for $3,200.00.

Best Honda Ever

Bought my 2005 model in Feb 2006 brand new. Use it almost every day for work and pleasure. Never had a problem with it mechanically just the usual maintenance issues, brake pads, tyres, chains, sprockets, etc.
Now done over 217,000 Kms, still rides like new. Woudn't trade up for anything else. Maybe a newer model Blackbird.

Date PurchasedFeb 2006
RJ1430South East Queensland, QLD

Love the Birds

Date PurchasedJan 2002
Flying with the Bird
Flying with the BirdSydney, NSW

Beautiful blackbird

Super Sport Bikes

Find out how Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird compares to other Super Sport Bikes

puddingoz
puddingozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent fun bike.

I purchased my 2006 bird a few years ago on the recommendation from 2 workmates because my previous 09 CB400 didn't quite cut it on the highway and I must say what a brilliant machine the bird is, beautifully balanced, awesome acceleration, fantastic brakes, comfortable to ride and sounds great with the staintune pipes I added. It starts first time, every time and I have no intentions whatsoever to upgrade to a newer bike, Honda has smashed it out of the ballpark here but it will eat your license in second gear if not careful.

One of the best bikes ever to grace the road

2nd Blackbird,the perfect bike

Wrote my first 2006 Blackbird in black off. Bought the second 2006 bird in black again two years later, this one with genuine Honda panniers. No other new bike interest's me, but would love Honda to make a 1400cc bird.
These bikes are a pleasure to ride. Also fitted a taller screen and a throttle lock, the rest is original.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

An engineering classic

Michael
MichaelRichmond-Tweed, NSW

My first superbike what a thrill!

Bought new in 2004 when on special for 15990 and never happier for the purchase.The last of the all blue blackbirds before Honda tried the two tone paint scheme.Now nudging 90000 km without a single issue .Would suggest the use of Pirelli angel dual compound tyres which are a harder compound and wear more evenly.Have contemplated selling/changing brands but the return to the bike after the demo ride proves how good the Blackbird really is.As sedate or as fast as you want but always comfortable and with excellent road manners.
The new agressive price reduction of the VFR1200F has me interested though.

Mr. Guy
Mr. GuyNashville

Wow

I picked up a 99 1100xx with 100k miles. FLAWLESS and insane. I've since put another 15k on it. By far the most amazing bike I've touched. Rides like new. Smmoootthh, powerful, and addictive. Only only only only negative is the motor gets hot in traffic. These bikes want to stay moving

I love my Blackbird

Best bike I have owned, a 2006 Blackbird in black. I wrote my first one off then bought another. It is comfortable with risers. My wife loves going on the back. I commute every day and I still love riding it on weekends. Summer and winter. Some say it is heavy but I've never noticed that. I also like the linked brakes but be aware brake pad changes are expensive because they have to bleed the whole system. For a great touring machine nothing else compares.
very fast, reliable, beautiful, smooth
can get hot when idling a lot in summer (but the fan kicks in to cool it down)

Juz
JuzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Speed, Comfort, Looks - and did I mention Speed?

Awesome bike in every way. Comfortable, very quick and not too bad to look at either. Have owned mine for about 6 years now and still love it! Not made new any more but if you can get a good/honest second hand one then go for it. For a looks 'upgrade' try changing the front indicators to clear lens units and the rear tail light to an LED one.
Acceleration, comfort, speed.
Non-adjustable front suspension.

rusjel
rusjelCanberra

The Crow, what a great surprise

I bought an 01 Redbird to replace a Daytona 955 as medical issues dictated a bit more room. 1000k plus days, mucking around with mates on sportbikes it did it all. Reasonably comfortable for a big bloke. When I wrote it off ( my fault) I didn't hesitate to buy another one.
Smooth, fast comfortable, easy to live with, reliable.
Placement of some things is a bit fiddly for the home mechanic. Can find yourself at "go directly to jail" ph if you don't keep and eye on it!

fo.
fo.AU

freakin fantastic bike

Best sports tourer of all time, reliable, and goes as hard as you want, or can cruise effortlessly too, very smooth power delivery, great fuel economy, heaps of after market bits on the net if you want to customise, plus really good support forum in cbrxx.com, cant' praise it enough... love my XX
it's just a great bike!! you'll know what I mean when you get one...

Best bike I've owned

Jamie D.asked

i was riding my bird a all of a sudden she shut down and when i press the starter button i can bareley hear a click i checked all fuses none were bad is it my fuel pump linked to my starter button?

Hello Jamie,
Well it could be a number of things... But the fact yu don't hear a click OR once you turn on the ignition you should hear the fuel pump spool up... If after the spooling is done and you hit the start and get a click or no click at all means bat is toast! So next question will be was the bat fully charged? Is the bat being charged through my stator? If not stator is taost! So on a full charge yur bike will run for 30, 40 mile and die... Because it's running a bat power only. Quick test! Fully charge the bat then install back in bike then start it. Have the bike facing a wall if possible so you can see your light reflecting on something. From idle rev to about 4K, 5K rpm AND LOOK AT LIGHT TO SEE IF IT GETS BRIGHTER WHEN YOU REV. If your headlight does NOT get a little brighter when you rev then that means your stator is toast and yur running stright from the bat! Hope that helps! By the way you should come and join the cbrxx.com forum! Great bunch of guys chalk FULL of info! I go by the name "Lovinmycbr1000f" Check it out! Cheers!

Jamie D.

I got new bat same when it shut down on me I was doing 90 and it just died now when it hit start nothing happened but I can short it out an it will turn over but no sound

Jamie D.

Like it's not getting fuel or something an thanks for helping me I'm lost on it now

Ben J.
Ben J.asked

Hi there I have a 1999 honda blackbird 1100xx and I have just done the cam chain. timming is spot on but won't start unless I give full throttle and pretty much just idles any help would be great thank you

RJ1430

Knowing Blackbirds fairly well it’s a carby engine and Not Fuel injection. If the engine ran before the cam chain was replaced then it can really only be related to valve timing or spark timing. The valve timing is usually the fault due to the difficulty in observing the correct location of the Mark’s on the cam sprockets as I have replaced quite a few of these. If all checks out ok then a compression test/ leak down test etc as it’s back to basics I would suggest. If the valve timing is out one tooth then it really plays havoc with ignition timing as the sensor is out of wack.

Tibirious

MMMmmmm... That's a good one! Oh! And 1999 was the first year FI was introduced. Ben yur best bet to get a QUALIFIED answer would be to join the site I'm on! If you haven't already.... Great bunch of guys and chalk FULL of tech advice, best techniques, best products, anything and everything ya needs to know can be found on that forum etc... cbrxx.com Good luck and maybe I'll see ya on cbrxx!

Sam
Samasked

My blackbird 1100xxsuper won’t start it was stopping when it was going but now it won’t start it back fires when you keep the starter going. any ideas?

See all Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird questions