100% · 230%

Fuel Efficiency
Comfort
Handling
3.7
Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.

Dave
DaveFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts

Does everything well

I own a Cbr1100xx 2006.
Pros- big torque down low, with huge top end rush aswell. More comfortable then a sports bike. Brakes are fantastic and always feel I could stop in any given situation. Looks beautiful. Headlights actually do there job! Excellent on fuel, big tank. Has a centre stand which I love.

Cons- bike is heavy, has linked brakes, not sure if I'm a believer as I like to make my own decisions, regardless how well they work.

-dave gus Show details

Overall
Noise Level
TibiriousMontreal5 posts

Overall
Noise Level
Bob
Bob

Best Honda Ever

Bought my 2005 model in Feb 2006 brand new. Use it almost every day for work and pleasure. Never had a problem with it mechanically just the usual maintenance issues, brake pads, tyres, chains, sprockets, etc.

Now done over 217,000 Kms, still rides like new. Woudn't trade up for anything else. Maybe a newer model Blackbird.

Show details

RJ1430
RJ1430South East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Richard
RichardSydney, NSW10 posts

Overall
Noise Level
puddingoz
puddingozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC25 posts

Excellent fun bike

I purchased my 2006 bird a few years ago on the recommendation from 2 workmates because my previous 09 CB400 didn't quite cut it on the highway and I must say what a brilliant machine the bird is, beautifully balanced, awesome acceleration, fantastic brakes, comfortable to ride and sounds great with the staintune pipes I added. It starts first time, every time and I have no intentions whatsoever to upgrade to a newer bike, Honda has smashed it out of the ballpark here but it will eat your license in second gear if not careful.

Bird Ridah
Bird Ridah

Martin P
Martin PPerth2 posts

2nd Blackbird,the perfect bike

Wrote my first 2006 Blackbird in black off. Bought the second 2006 bird in black again two years later, this one with genuine Honda panniers. No other new bike interest's me, but would love Honda to make a 1400cc bird.

These bikes are a pleasure to ride. Also fitted a taller screen and a throttle lock, the rest is original.

John S
John S

Michael
MichaelRichmond-Tweed, NSW9 posts

My first superbike what a thrill!

Bought new in 2004 when on special for 15990 and never happier for the purchase.The last of the all blue blackbirds before Honda tried the two tone paint scheme.Now nudging 90000 km without a single issue .Would suggest the use of Pirelli angel dual compound tyres which are a harder compound and wear more evenly.Have contemplated selling/changing brands but the return to the bike after the demo ride proves how good the Blackbird really is.As sedate or as fast as you want but always comfortable and with excellent road manners.

The new agressive price reduction of the VFR1200F has me interested though.

Mr. Guy
Mr. GuyNashville

Wow

I picked up a 99 1100xx with 100k miles. FLAWLESS and insane. I've since put another 15k on it. By far the most amazing bike I've touched. Rides like new. Smmoootthh, powerful, and addictive. Only only only only negative is the motor gets hot in traffic. These bikes want to stay moving

Andrew
Andrew

I love my Blackbird

Best bike I have owned, a 2006 Blackbird in black. I wrote my first one off then bought another. It is comfortable with risers. My wife loves going on the back. I commute every day and I still love riding it on weekends. Summer and winter. Some say it is heavy but I've never noticed that. I also like the linked brakes but be aware brake pad changes are expensive because they have to bleed the whole system. For a great touring machine nothing else compares.
very fast, reliable, beautiful, smooth
can get hot when idling a lot in summer (but the fan kicks in to cool it down)
Juz
JuzSouth East Queensland, QLD81 posts

Speed, Comfort, Looks - and did I mention Speed?

Awesome bike in every way. Comfortable, very quick and not too bad to look at either. Have owned mine for about 6 years now and still love it! Not made new any more but if you can get a good/honest second hand one then go for it. For a looks 'upgrade' try changing the front indicators to clear lens units and the rear tail light to an LED one.
Acceleration, comfort, speed.
Non-adjustable front suspension.
rusjel
rusjelCanberra

The Crow, what a great surprise

I bought an 01 Redbird to replace a Daytona 955 as medical issues dictated a bit more room. 1000k plus days, mucking around with mates on sportbikes it did it all. Reasonably comfortable for a big bloke. When I wrote it off ( my fault) I didn't hesitate to buy another one.
Smooth, fast comfortable, easy to live with, reliable.
Placement of some things is a bit fiddly for the home mechanic. Can find yourself at "go directly to jail" ph if you don't keep and eye on it!
fo.
fo.AU2 posts

freakin fantastic bike

Best sports tourer of all time, reliable, and goes as hard as you want, or can cruise effortlessly too, very smooth power delivery, great fuel economy, heaps of after market bits on the net if you want to customise, plus really good support forum in cbrxx.com, cant' praise it enough... love my XX
it's just a great bike!! you'll know what I mean when you get one...

Timothy M.
Timothy M.

I have 2003 1100 xx I replaced stator and rectifier and battery cranked it up no problem let it run 5 10 min took it ti gas station shut off filled tank tried ti crank wouldn’t start checked everything waited ten 15 min cranked it right up made it back home . It crank run fir a while cut off want crank let sit and it crank

Renata J.
Renata J.

I have a cbr 1100 blackbirds 1999 what make it run hot?

Jack B.
Jack B.

Hi all, my 2000 bird developed a misfire so i changed all four plugs. Now when it is standing the fuel is leaking into one of the cylinders and to get it to turn over i have to remove plugs and crank it, when i do lots of fuel is ejected. Any ideas please?
Jack

Tibirious

Mmmm... Sounds like you have a fuel pressure regulator(FPR) problem! PLEASE come to "our" recognized forum! GUARANTEED get the help you need! CBRXX.COM See you there!! My handle there is Lovinmycbr1000f.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Honda Motorcycles? Claim your listing.