Honda Versatool Power Head UMC425

• Grass Type
  • Safety
Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic Quality Honda Power Tool Once you purchase Honda Gardening equipment you never go back to any other brand

Purchased in February 2020 for A$450.00.

Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Tall grass
Michael P.

Michael P.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality piece of Honda equipment

I currently use this unit exclusively as an extended hedger to maintain my 2.5m high hedges. I have just ordered the line trimmer attachment to complement my UMK model with a blade kit. Although reasonably heavy, I’ve found that it balances well on the shoulder strap.

Purchased in May 2019.

Gaela Russell

Gaela RussellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Simply love it.

After years of great service from a Honda UMS425 (which is still going) we bought the Versatool power head along with the brushcutter and edger attachments. It's powered by the same 4-stroke GX25 motor that the UMS425 uses which is quiet in operation and exceptionally reliable. The Versatool brushcutter came with a dual line bump-head and we added the 9" blade kit which includes a guard and attaching hardware.

The line feed mechanism is much easier to reload than the UMS425 due to a redesign and the attachments are easy to change (in about 30 seconds) while the blade is a 5 minute swap from the bump head.

We're looking after a reasonable area with light to moderate grass and the edger is a great addition.

Purchased in January 2018 for A$957.00.

Product is used Weekly
Grass Type Tall grass
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Find out how Honda Versatool Power Head UMC425 compares to other Petrol Whipper Snippers

Pugga

PuggaPort Melbourne

First time user - superb!

The super fast head and it's thread cuts through high grass and thick shrubs easily. No force required. Even after 2 hours of constant use, we are able (my partner, she loves it also) can manage to continue to work on our 5 acres of requrirements.

There is no much to attend to in the way of maintaince, A brush and cleaning of the oil and washing of the filter when suggested is easy. The only thing we have had to replace is the original nylon threads but that is expected.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Peter JLondon

Disappointed

I have always bought Honda. 18 months ago bought the 425. 0ver the period used only for approx 3 hours then it began leaking oil. took it to the local Honda dealer who told me the crankcase was broken!! said it must have been dropped which it hadn't. They referred to Honda who stated the damage was not covered by warranty and the repair is more than the original cost so it is a write off. Now having to find a non Honda replacement.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Great Product

Thanks for your review Paul M - Paula

Brewer

Brewer

Good, but a couple of flaws

James H.Honda

Hi Brewer, thank you for your honest feedback.
If you would like further information on the UMC425, and tips on how to make it suit your build please email customer.relations@honda.com.au.
-Paula

murdocSydney

Honda Versatool - Excellent if Available

Nesta
Nesta
Petrol Whipper Snippers

Rob C.

Rob C.asked

What is the criteria/reason to upgrade to the UMC 435 over the UMC 425. I'm not so worried about cost and will ONLY use a line trimmer and possibly a blower?

435 much more powerful 35cc against 25cc

Racky

Rackyasked

Does anyone know if the drive shaft is solid steel or a nylon type as used in bent shaft types? I wonder if they are a full commercial spec?

Hi Racky,
Unsure on the exact answer but I seem to recall the sales guy saying a solid shaft. I did the comparison between these and the equivalent Stihl model, and I had to go to the "Middle" spec/size motor to get a contractor tool, whereas he said the honda umc 425 is a contractor level tool. Apologies but thats as good as I remember and hope this helps. Cheers, Paul

James H.Honda

Hi Racky, The drive shaft is solid steel. If you need more information, would like to discuss this further or have any questions or queries please contact customer.relations@honda.com.au. Many thanks, Sarah

Kellyann wall

Kellyann wallasked

Where can I buy a air filter for a Honda 4stroke whipper snipper?

murdoc

Hi Kelly, there are lots of places but pretty much where you previously purchased your machine from.

Paul M

Not sure kelly, I havent replace mine yet. I would suggest a reputable specialist mower repair place, including where you bought it (I assume you bought it new?). Bunnings or Masters dont sell Honda Whipper snippers