1.3

8% · 112 · 92%

Rates and Fees
1.0
Brand Manager for HostGator? Claim your listing.

Sam
SamSydney, NSW7 posts

SHAM SHAM SGHAM

Been doing web hosting with these guys and the customer support does not exist.
Dont waste time or money with them.
Sick and fed up with their shabby operation
John
John

The worst hosting provider ever - Go to anyone else (run away)

The worst customer service and support you can ever get. I have a dedicated server with them, which means I pay thousands a year, and I have a ticket that has been open with them for over 2 months. I chatted with them more than 5 times, and they said they marked it as a priority every time. The job they need to finish doesn't need more than 15 min to be resolved. You will regret every moment if you use their service. It's a nightmare.
Tanya
TanyaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Thieves & Very Very Slow Speeds

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I removed my website and my credit card details a month before my 1yr subscription finished. This was done to make sure they didn't take money for a subscription I wasn't using. Something they had done in the past. But a month later they took $300 from my old PayPal account. This was done without my knowledge or permission. Theft! They have refused to return my money despite the fact I no longer use any of there services. Hence my writing this bad feed back. I have since moved to another host and could not believe the difference in speed. My website is x10 faster.
Peter C.
Peter C.
Ali S.
Ali S.Northeast, VIC6 posts

The worst hosting company ever in my entire life

I'm an IT expert with over 20 years of experience. I have used services from many hosting companies in the USA, Singapore, Germany, Australia, and more. During my 20 years of working in IT, HostGator is the worst company I have ever tried. They are very disrespectful and unprofessional. Just for a domain change, I spent three days and talked to the support team four times. Finally, my client was angry with me because of their service. Please do not choose them.
Jason
JasonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
Carla
CarlaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

worst support when issues arise. poor ticket system. bad billing system

overcharged me, charged my payment source without permission and never refunded the money. terrible. getting support is pointless and very poor communication. worst support when issues arise. poor ticket system. bad billing system
Murray Case
Murray CaseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC8 posts

Absmal - Stay Away from Hostgator

Just shockingly bad, they somehow got an editor's choice in PC Magazine - not deserved :( They couldn't even migrate my websites and then made up every excuse they could think of, luckily only a couple of days before I realised I made a big mistake, but they still kept $40 USD in their pocket when they credited me back, speaking of which be aware all prices quoted are in USD so much more expensive than they look initially. Do yourself a favour and have nothing to do with Hostgator. I ended up going with a great Aussie Host Clickhost who I have given a 5 star review to elsewhere on product review, do yourself a favour and go with them, they were even as cheap as Hostgator on a 36 month deal.
Kev
KevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC34 posts

Anything is a better alternative

I have been a customer since at least 2015. When I first signed up, I got exactly what I was after. There wasn't any customer service to speak of, but the hosting provider never really gave me any issues to worry about. Things have been gradually getting way out of hand. cPanel is difficult to access, the customer support portal never loads and the mail servers are often blacklisted.
HG might seem like an option for a private server or shared hosting, but I'd advise giving alternatives serious thought.
I would not recommend HG for business use.
Deanna Koh
Deanna KohPerth, WA26 posts
Anonymous
Anonymous
Dan E
Dan EAU2 posts

Sold with wrong information and held domain hostage

No phone numbers to call from Australia. I spent two hours on support chat with poor responsee times, to be told that purchasing a domain would include free email. After this, I kept being told to wait 48 hours, wasting critical time to get a new business live. Now, I've been told this was wrong information and that I would have to buy another plan. Additionally, they would hold my domain hostage for 60 days unless I upgraded.
Vincin