2.4

31% · 49 · 69%

2.3
Job Satisfaction
2.3
Brand Manager for Housepect? Claim your listing.

chris s.
chris s.Mid West, WA2 posts

Could of done this level of inspection myself

Inspection was vauge with no guidance on how issues should bd fixed seemed to be just opinions with no standards quoted . Very slow at responding and when when they do any extra info cant be given.. Not as independent as I would of liked as inspector spe t more time chatting and laughing with the builder than actually condicting the Inspection.
Job Satisfaction
Lucarow
LucarowSouth West, WA2 posts

Absolute time waste

Applied to houspect for a package on construction inspections in Bunbury, and submitted all the drawings and details by email and notified houspect my job was ready for inspection. Never heard back. Followed up with a call and was told they had the wrong phone number on record and would provide an update. Never heard back again, and then was told by Joe that Houspect can't add any value and will decline the job. It was a really bad experience, terrible service, and a huge time waster to end up with no inspections. Definitely not recommended.
sam
samPerth, WA4 posts

Cannot believe the poor service

An inspection was organized. After the inspection I pointed out to the comp0any that they had missed a water mark in the entry about knee height. They sent the inspector back to make another assessment. After i moved in i noticed white ants and complained. The inspector came back to review but because of medical issues was not able to to climb into the man hole. So the question is what did they inspect? After a raft of emails and the MD highlighting the Terms and Conditions they offered me a 50% refund. Very poor service followed by very poor conclusion. Their job was not worthy of a 50% reduction in fees. BE very wary of this company. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy.
Sue
SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Housepect Victoria -unprofessional company

If I could give them a zero, I would. Waste of time dealing with company. Unreliable and
Kept cancelling at the last minute . On top of it, they gave advice which was incorrect.
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service, prompt, accurate and on time. Would highly recommend!

Report we’ll structured and written.

Easy to understand and thorough.

Great service, prompt, accurate and on time. Would highly recommend!

Friendly staff, deep expertise, on time delivery.

Stayed overtime to complete the job!

Would recommend to family members.

Lou lou
Lou louGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Booked last minute inspection

Desperate to get our home inspected , quite last minute. Houspect was one of the few companies that got back to us and bent over backwards to find an inspector . We found the report to be more than satisfactory , also head office answered all our questions along the way.
Upendra K
Upendra K2 posts

Poor Pre Pour Inspection

They didn't check properly the items stated in slab plans are correctly implemented. Major items missed are brick veneer rebates, some drainage lines and drainage positioning. We heavily relied on these people but honestly speaking, we could have done a better job ourselves. It is an utter waste of money. Do not use this company.
Simon Perrin
Simon PerrinPerth, WA3 posts

Poor quality inspections

I engaged this company to look after my new home build.
There selected inspector has missed serious issues which we now have to accept as the house is completed.
I sent an email to them with zero response to my concerns.
Please do your research before selecting your building inspection company.
I definitely will not be recommending this company, poor response , they have the money with no responsibilities.
C Harrison
C HarrisonPerth6 posts

Missed the obvious

We engaged Houspect before we bought our house. We were concerned that there were large gaps between the shirking boards and floor but, despite sending us a detailed inspection report, the gaps were not mentioned as an issue.
A consultation with a structural engineer suggest our floor has dropped 30mm and we are facing heavy costs to raise it again.
L. LJ
L. LJGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible attitude after payment

On site inspectors are good working people and other staff are acting as normal business manners. However, after my Architect left message to their office number to say that he needs to speak with the building inspector further to building inspection report for clarifications . They did not response on this.The woman operator was speaking with very rude attitude when I asked her to contact with the building inspector to response to My Architect in a timely manner. Unbelievable tough conversation over the phone.Make you feel sick. No response from the inspector to Architect yet.
ADR
ADRSydney4 posts

Cisco
CiscoSydney, NSW73 posts

An absolute must have service when building a house!

Considering a house costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, one would be foolish to not spend a few hundred dollars in making sure their house is built in a high standard. Houspect did an outstanding job in picking up defects that I would never have been able to detect. They use experts from the home-building industries that understand the standards that must be reached and know the dodgy practices that tradies use to get a house built quickly.

I would recommend a 4-phase inspection which ensures defects are picked up as early as concrete slabbing as these defects are impossible to pick up once the walls, roof, etc are installed.

J Cao
J Cao

Not quite happy with the services

I am building a new house and I used their service to inspect one of the stages. The inspector spent a lot of time at the site but didn't really put many things on the report. Also out of 4 items, he missed 2 item which was mentioned during the inspection. Not so professionals in my opinion. Also, the actual report contains unnecessary information which can make you confused.