Verifiedjimsbuildinginspections.com.au

95% · 1,99792 · 4%

Mohamed E.
Mohamed E.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Satisfied with the report

Nihar is such a very experienced, knowledgeable, and approachable inspector.
eaa
eaaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC12 posts

Expert inspector and report who helps us with our building problems

Jack knows the building rules and applies them to the issues diligently and efficiently. Great chap to talk to. Listens to your concerns and provides expert advice and building report, which is VCAT compliant.
Steve
SteveSouthwest, VIC

Toni
ToniSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

Shocker and its not our first rodeo

We were recommended to the Harvey Bay Jim's franchise for a building and pest inspection. They fit us in quickly enough which was great however we had no communication that the inspection had been completed. I emailed the next day to find out where the report was and was very abruptly told that it would come after the one in front of ours was done................ i am still waiting and its 3 days after the inspection. The builder himself was wonderful and spend 20 mins on the phone with us - BUT we are still waiting. Not recommending if you have a deadline!!!!
Jim's Building Inspections   DM

Hi Toni, sorry to hear you are not happy. Please call 13 15 46 and ask to speak to the Franchisor of that region.

Jessy P
Jessy PGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC9 posts

Great experience 5 stars

Sam Anstee recently did my home and pest inspection and I can’t recommend him highly enough. He was friendly and very professional. He arrived on time and was presented well in his uniform. He was very polite and very thorough and explained everything in layman’s terms.
The report was sent the same day and was extremely thorough. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Show reply
Jennery
JenneryMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Highly Recommended in Adelaide, SA

Andrew S., building inspector from Adelaide branch is a real professional. He knows what he is doing and is very thorough with the inspection. He was able to tell us specific details about issues with our new home and we were able to escalate these issues with he builder in a timely manner. Thank you. Show reply
Louise J
Louise JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Saved us from buying into a big problem!

Excellent information and so thorough. Pre purchase inspection for both building and pest by husband and wife team. They ‘on sold’ the report they had done that morning for another potential buyer at a great price. This was much cheaper than separate inspections we had done before in recent weeks with another company for another property. Cost effective when you’re looking to buy and miss out at a few auctions. More thorough and we decided not to bid at auction because of the water damage noted. We feel very relieved. Afterwards, neighbours of the property told us there are many problems with roof leaks in these town houses! Show reply
Steve
Steve3 posts

Jim's Building Inspections   DM

I am sorry to hear you were unhappy with your building inspection. Please call 131546 to discuss this matter and hopefully we can resolve the issue for you.

GrahamR
GrahamRDarling Downs, QLD

timely and comprehensive

Rob, at Tumut, gave timely attention to our building inspection request and forwarded a comprehensive report promptly. Show reply
aximili
aximiliGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC27 posts

Very detailed report, explained

Got Louis Mienie inspected a house we were purchasing in Whyalla. He went above and beyond, explaining each item in his detailed report on the phone to me. He even sent me all the full-res photos separately. We couldn't be happier. Show reply
Christine3185
Christine3185Melbourne6 posts

Very professional service. Very happy to recommend

Jack provided a very professional and thorough service. The building report was detailed and clear allowing us to make an informed decision about the property we were planning to buy. He made himself available for any questions before and after the inspection and completed the report within 24 hours. Show reply
Andrew
Andrew

High recommended

Fast and professional service. Highly recommended. The report was thorough. Show reply
Becca J.
Becca J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great service!

Jason did I wonderful job, was polite and friendly. I have friends who work in construction and they said it was one of the most thorough reports they have seen! Show reply
Cat.D
Cat.DSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor report left our family financially ruined

We had a B&P performed by Jim's and they missed serious structural problems, water damage and live termites which were easily accessible. Financially it has devastated us. If we knew, we would have walked away from the sale. Our lawyer has at least used all new reports to prove to us that Jim's was negligent, but the Jim's insurance won't budge, and the Jim's area manager won't let us see his report. My husband is an injured veteran who trusted his life savings into this, he isn't a builder or pest controller. I am trying to keep him from taking his life every day from the stress of this. We do not have a structurally safe house for our family. It's possible the only way forward is to go to the media.
Peter
PeterSydney, NSW13 posts

Tom G
Tom G

Hi, How much would a pest and building inspection cost in Burwood for a 4-bedroom house? Also, what is your turnaround time commitment? Cheers, Tom

Jim's Building Inspections   DM

Hi Tom, Please call13 15 46 to get in touch with your nearest inspectors to arrange a quote.

Diana Z.
Diana Z.

Hi there,
I've got my building inspection report on 15/04/2023 for 4 32 Weir Street Balwyn VIC 3103. The report mentioned the potential asbestos in our kitchen/bathroom, and asked us to provide evidence of renovations. I've send several emails with the renovation photos to prove that the renovation was recent, and no asbestos were there. However no one got back to me.
Can someone please follow up and get back to me with email: [Removed]. I'm currently residing overseas so my mobile will not work.
Diana Zou

Jim's Building Inspections   DM

Hi Diana, can you please advise who the inspector is? So I can have the correct person contact you.

Manny
Manny

Hi! How much does it cost to conduct an inspection of a 21 square home (4BR, 2BATH, double garage and when is the next available time and date?

Jim's Building Inspections   DM

Hi Manny, Please call 131546 and they can put you in touch with your closest inspector who can assist you.