• Job Satisfaction

MehdiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not happy with the service at all. Don't waste your money. Find someone else

I don't feel like the place has been inspected properly. Report sounds like there isn't much fault with the building but when I had a closer look myself found obvious issues and sent them some photos. They update their report although I hired them to inform me about any problem and send me th evidences. I noticed more defects closer to the settlement date which were not included in their inspection report. I feel really upset and frustrated about wasting my money. I have attached some samples of the obvious defects which were not included in their report.

• +1

Hi Mehdi,
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'd be happy to look into it further for you. Can I ask you to send through the report to info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au along with the photos you've included here?

Hi Suzanne

I sent you the reports and photos.

Suzanne C.Jim's Building Inspections

Thank you Mehdi. I’m looking into this now for you.

Highly recommend

Steve was very thorough and focussed on every aspect of the inspection.
He also kept me well informed throughout and was more than happy to share his wealth of knowledge. I highly recommend Steve for this service.

Manju S.

Manju S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Reliable and trustworthy

I have used this service ( Andrew Skinner) thrice now. The first time, his report saved us from buying a poorly built new house, He has been consistently easy to contact and prompt and accomodating in doing the inspection within the time we have. Post-inspection , Andrew clearly explains the findings. Would not hesitate to use his services or recommend Andrew to anyone.

Home Inspection Companies

Find out how Jim's Building Inspections compares to other Home Inspection Companies

Richard showed to be always available for answering all of my questions in an honest fashion and certainly spent longer than he needed to make sure all of my questions were answered. I've found Richard to be enthusiastic, polite and knowledgeable. Thank you Richard!

Ruth S.

Ruth S.Gippsland, VIC

Professional and efficient

Sam was professional and efficient with his communication and work. He provided a full and comprehensive report with a lot of photos. The report is well organised and easy to read and understand and will help us to prioritise any work needed.

Tara

TaraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

MASSIVE COSTLY MISS

I had Marty complete the building and pest inspection of a house I was looking to purchase. He confirmed there was no issues and I purchased. I had my builder look at it and he found out straight away it had massive foundation issues (massive cracks in wall / un- level floor) which Marty should have picked up - that’s what we pay them for, right !!!! Have tried call / emailing him for clarity, no response - took my money and ran. I’m now significantly out of pocket having to fix the foundation of my house, if I’d been correctly informed by Marty, I would not of purchased. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE

Hi Tara,
I’m sorry to hear about this. I’ll investigate this matter. To do so, can I please ask you to send your report to info@jimsbuildinginspections.com.au and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Suzanne C.Jim's Building Inspections

Hi Tara. I have not received anything from you regarding this matter. If you would like me too look into it please send the report through to the above mentioned email address.

Quick and Professional

Jack has been brilliant in completing couple of jobs for my clients. He has precisely pin pointed defects providing comprehensive Building and Pest reports that has helped in negotiating the price with vendors. He is extremely professional, reliable, humble, courteous and looks after his clients well. An absolute peoples person

Bribie

BribieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very professional would highly recommend

We are currently building a house for the first time. We are so thankful We found our building inspector Riccardo Connacchia he has extensive industry knowledge and is very professional.
The building reports are very extensive with photos, I would highly recommend Riccardo as a Inspector.

Mel

Mel

Highly Recommend - Have used multiple times

This is the second time we have used Richard Weeks to perform building reports on properties we have been looking at. Great Communication!!
Reports are very detailed and very well explained.

Home Inspection Companies

More thorough than previous inspection

Very affable person and approachable . Polite and prompt, easy to deal with.I have no hesitation in recommending Jack to conduct an inspection for prospective purchasers as,it is always mindful to do so.

Kate

Kate

Ron is professional, trustworthy and reliable.

My house was inspected regularly during construction and before the handover.
I am very happy with the quality and timeline of the service provided. The fees were affordable, detailed reports supplied and an additional advice offered - great job!

Kat

KatIllawarra, NSW

Jim's Building Inspections - Richard Weeks

Richard Weeks from Jim's Building Inspections was very helpful, answering my questions regarding bathroom renovations. I appreciated his knowledge and experience when explaining building procedures and protocols. Prompt, clear communication.

Michael S.

Michael S.Sydney, NSW

Prompt service and clearly delivered

David Piva was extremely professional during our recent building and pest inspection. He answered all my questions in an easy to understand manner and was accomodating enough to meet me on site to talk me through his findings. The report was also completed quickly and returned on the same day.

Mick

MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Job.

Darren from Jims Pelican Waters did a great job. He was very thorough and I would recommend his work. Being from interstate and not being able to view the house in person this gave us the confidence to proceed with the purchase.

Left NO Stone Unturned

I'm very impressed with Jack's thoroughness on completing the bug/building inspection.
Jack also took lots of photo's and gave a detailed report with good description of the inspections.
I would absolutely recommend, without hesitation.

Home Inspection Companies

Richard is trustworthy, honest and reliable.

Richard came and did our building inspection and was extremely thorough, he looked and poked and prodded in every nook and cranny to ensure we had peace of mind. He answered all of our questions truthfully and spent longer than he needed to to make sure all of our questions were answered. Richard arrived at the exact time he said he would. Honest, genuine and so helpful. Highly recommended.

Job Satisfaction

Was great report and did a great job for me!

Great bloke and great help, gave a great in-depth report and I was happy with all the problems he found and how helpful and honest he was. I'll be using him again!

Would recommend !

Vince paterno from the sandringham branch was great ! Easy to organise booked on Saturday he was at the house Tuesday morning ,had his work cut out with the amount of issues we got him to check and he exceeded our expectations with a very prompt ,thorough and in depth report a few hours after inspecting . Cannot recommend him enough ,Very happy!

Would recommend

Paul Cable did a great job. He offered a professional and very prompt service and was very thorough. He was also happy to explain and go through any and all questions we had about the report. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Paul. Thank you very much!

Larry

LarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad communication

We booked an inspection for a particular day and Steve (last name unknown) changed the day in consultation with the real estate agent and failed to let us know. I understand that the real estate agent could have notified us but I also believe we should have been notified by Jim's (Steve) as well. Not at all happy with the lack of communication.

Jamesasked

What qualifications do the building inspectors hold, do they need to produce some government certificate when they attend and do they inspect home in a lifestyle village.

Hi James,
All of our franchisees are suitably qualified with a background in building and hold Professional Indemnity Insurance. SA is an unlicensed state for building inspections, and as such we ensure that our franchisees have these qualifications and suitable practical experience in the building industry. We can certainly assist you with an inspection in a lifestyle village.
If you'd like to proceed with an inspection, please contact us on 131 546 and our friendly call centre staff will put you in touch with the local franchisee.

James

Hi Suzanne, I think it has picked me up in SA however I am looking at a village in Queensland. Thanks for your assistance.

Suzanne C.Jim's Building Inspections

Hi James. Queensland is a licenced state and all our inspectors in Queensland are registered with the QBCC as per the requirements.

vidhu s.

vidhu s.asked

Hello Team,
Do you look into asbestos residue in houses

Hi Vidhu,
I'm not sure what you mean by "residue"? Jim's Building Inspections conduct Visual Asbestos checks, Asbestos reporting with sampling (when the property is owned by the client) and workplace registers and management plans.

Tania Basked

I don't know if this comes under your area of expertise so I will outline the problem.
We have had water damage from a burst pipe in the ceiling caused by a rat chewing through the plastic (we thought it was a possum). The water could have been pouring out of the ceiling onto the bamboo floor for up to 2 hours before I noticed the sound and went to investigate. It was 12 pm at night and I got up to go to the bathroom and heard the noise.
The insurance assessor said that they would try to dry it out and see if the floor buckles. I am concerned because the bamboo floor is not waterproof but can resist the water for a time, the longer it is left the more damage will occur. I estimate that the volume of water could have been a bathtub full. About 24 hours later water started leaking from under the skirting board in the hallway. This is about 6 - 7 meters from where the pipe leaked through the ceiling. I told them that I thought it had come from the leaking pipe due to the fact that the amount of water that came from the ceiling had to go somewhere. They were not interested in lifting a couple of boards to investigate. For the water to track through under the floor it would also have passed under the kitchen tiles to get to the hallway.
I asked the plumber who fixed the pipe if this was possible. He said that although it would seem to be impossible in this case he thinks it is very likely that is what has happened. He also said that if the water had gotten under the tiles that the tiles would likely become loose and would need to be replaced.
It is now a week later and the water is still seeping out of the hallway. If it didn't come from the damaged pipe then where did it come from. They are now thinking that there may be a problem with the shower which backs onto the hallway where the water is leaking. This is being investigated on Monday. So, if there is a leak in the shower ( I don't think that is the case), what has happened to the water from the ceiling.
In my mind, it seems obvious that the water is tracking under the floorboards following the lowest level. If it can't find it's way out it will sit there and possibly ruin the floorboards. I wanted them to lift some of the boards to see what was going on, replace the wet underlay, dry the boards, and relay them. They are determined to try to dry them out, but the damage is spreading. In the kitchen, the kickboard under the cupboards has started to swell. I kept telling them that I am very concerned about the floorboards. That color is not available now and I have a few meters of it left from when it was laid.
I thought it is about time I get another opinion from a professional that can make sure the work is done properly. The house is only 3 years old.
I am wanting someone who can assess the damage and make a recommendation on what is required for the rectification of the damage. At the moment I am feeling that this is not looking very good. Can you please advise if this is within your area of expertise.
Regards
Tania Butcher

Hi Tania,
I'm sorry to hear what you're going through. This isn't something we would normally get involved in, as it's already in your insurer's hands. The best course of action is to discuss your concerns directly with your insurer. They can appoint someone qualified to come out and make an assessment on the work that is being done, and to ensure that all areas are being taken care of by the various trades involved. If you're still not happy, you may need to get NCAT involved. If you need to go to that stage, we could assist you further by providing a report suitable for use at NCAT, however I would try all levels of mediation prior to that to see if you can get fair result.
I hope this helps.