Darbecca

Darbecca. Absolute Life savers who are a must through the building process!!

Am in the process of building my first home and contacted darbecca for an urgent frame inspection. Within 1 day inspection was complete and I had received a thorough in depth report.
Service was absolutely outstanding from office staff to my inspector himself. Darbecca epitomise professionalism and true care for their customers and I would not hesitate to use them again. They are an absolute credit to the building industry.
Thank you so much Darbecca and to anyone building I highly recommend using this service.

Casslex

CasslexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth every cent

Thank you, thank you, thank you Darbecca. As first home owners and knowing very little about buildings house, you have saved us so much worry! Thank you to Carl and Paul who conducted our inspections and provided the assistance when we weren’t sure about some items. The customer service team have been great and very friendly. We originally only wanted 3 inspections but ended up doing all (6) inspections as it was so very worth our money. For the peace of mind and safe home.

Job Satisfaction
Wayne

WayneMelbourne

Carl is amazing!

Carl is one of the staff there and he does the extra mile on his job. recommended to use him and the company Darbecca. I used this company and everything was going smooth and my property is built without any problem

Antoinette

AntoinetteGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great company

We were referred by a friend who have also used Darbecca after hearing about our endless building issues.
They were fantastic right from the beginning and I would hate to think what the builders would have gotten away with if we didn't use them.
Thank you so much Darbecca I will definitely be recommending your services.

GM!

GM!Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic experience

Fantastic experience from the office staff all the way to Carl our inspector will continue to recommend to anyone who is building very professional and always explained any problems in detail

Darren L.Darbecca

Trusting the build of my first home thank you very much Darbecca.

We would just like to say a big thank you to the Team at Darbecca.

With the early signs of a horror build, Darbecca were the key to ensuring my house was built correctly and to standard.

I recommend to all my friends, don't ever build a house with out Darbecca.

Thanks again Darbecca.

jefferymelbourne

Awful and misleading

SvdlGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Every build needs a darbecca report!!!

Ajay Kumar

Ajay KumarCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Misleading information and wrong reports

SallyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Arrogant Owner!! Don't use his company!

I called to ask for some information and I spoke to the owner. He was a very arrogant and rude when I explained to him I could get the same services he was offering cheaper. I just wanted to know why he was so expensive. He didn't have to answer loudly and rudely. I didn't use their services and I suggest that you don't either as he isn't a nice man over the phone so imagine what he is like in person.

Sally

Not True! I never said anything of the sort you are suggesting above. Please leave me alone you ignorant bully! I am so glad I never did business with you.

Zane V

Zane VCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Overall good inspection

I have used Darbecca for the first couple of stages of my home build (I was based interstate). The reports provided were good and detailed enough. However, as a customer, the process to book an inspector seemed a bit tedious for me. There were a lot of "back and forth" going between multiple parties to just book each inspection appointments. Also, once I received the inspection report, I wanted to clarify few issues identified in the report. However, I didn't get the opportunity to even talk to the inspector for further clarifications. (I emailed him few times)

Regardless, since then, I have used another building inspection company for the final three stages and been very happy. My home build is now complete and looking good.

Aaron

AaronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Professionals through and through

Darbecca know their building code, A+ reports detailing all illegal defects with actual screenshots of the relevant building code.

Can not recommend highly enough, worth every single cent!

Seriously, don’t pass on their services.

Rockin

RockinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy with the service & professionalism of the Darbecca Team

Highly recommend Patrick Kerr from Darbecca - Thorough, efficient and friendly

I would highly recommend the services of Darbecca’s Patrick Kerr to inspect all stages of building a new home. We have now used his services twice.

He is accurate, professional, detailed and know the building regulations inside out. As I was also happened to be at the property, Patrick walked me through after he had finished to explain what I would be seeing in his report. He was thorough, explaining his finding and the level of risk if not corrected. His reports were very informative with lots of useful photographs.

Thanks very much for your services Patrick. We will be recommending you to anybody we know needing an inspection.

VictoriaYeoman

VictoriaYeomanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Can’t thank Darbecca enough!

Amazing customer service, the office staff are so pleasant to deal with. Our inspector Darren is a lifesaver. If it weren’t for him our house would have literally fallen down. He was able to assist us in getting our brickworks redone because the builder didnt follow building standards. Thank you very much Darbecca!

su devsydney

Worst Customer Service to Start With

Wanted to know what will be the cost for 4 inspections for house. The admin lady cant even provide me the price, instead she emails me with the discounted price and if you choose more than 3 inspections. Zero customer service, sounds like they are having enough business. Do not fall on these people's sales Gimmick.

su dev

And what does this mean? Did You even try to solve this matter? Or you are trying to show the readers that you guys care your bad reviews?

I highly recommend Darbecca to everyone

We are so happy with Darbecca. From the first time we got in touch with them to get a quote, to all the way when our house was built, they delivered everything they promised us. They responded to every question in a timely manner. Every person we dealt with was courteous and clarified every detail we were unsure of. Their reports were very informative, and the inspectors had very good attention to detail. Everything they did was on point! Their emails, notes, reports, everything! I can't fault them.

This was our first time building a house and the staff in Darbecca were the only people that didn't give us a headache.

I highly recommend Darbecca to anyone building a home.

Josh Cherry

Josh CherryClyde, Victoria

Extremely Thorough and Professional

Can't express how happy we are with our private building inspections from Darbecca. They are extremely thorough and great to deal with. All appointments were a breeze to book and the reports were all received on the same day. We had a close friend who is a building inspector interstate review the reports and he was extremely impressed with the quality and depth of the reports Darbecca produce. Our Site Supervisor was aware of this also, so I think it kept him on his toes!

Tara Fox

Tara FoxDiggers Rest

Waste of Money and Time

I have used Darecca service for my new build house and they picked up some errors from builder and my builders engineer drawings, after month of delay in my project I used a private structural engineer to look into the report and site issues, I was informed that the report has many technical errors and incorrect judgement, do not waste your time and money, ask a qualified surveyor or a registered engineer who has basic industry knowledge.

Darren L.Darbecca

When you hold an engineer accountable, it is amazing how they try to get Darbecca Back. This is not a real review. It has been reported however the web site admin like a bit of angst to keep people reading the reviews.

The Darbecca team

kathy

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was impressed

I was going to use darbecca, but my builder got them first, and I couldn't have them due to conflict I received the report from my builder, there very professional they found many problems with my new house I have hired someone else and there great as well, but thank you Darbecca for been thorough I just wished I got you first but I have another inspector that I will be using through my whole build his the best.

Anna D

Anna Dasked

Hi
I have been advised that as Darbecca are not registered building surveyors if something ends up in VCAT it gets thrown out due to the fact your not registered surveryors. Can you advise if this is correct.?
Thanks Anna

Hi Anna,
When you receive the report from down the bottom it says if your needing it for vcat they can format it for vcat, and if you have a lawyer and real things wrong with your house it won’t get thrown out. As I’m aware they are inspectors. But for example you could get me to do your inspection and I could tell you things that are wrong and not intolerances with your house and if you took what I said to vcat the fact that your house isn’t up to standard is what the case will be on not who said what. It’s on facts you could even do your own research into what to look for and not pay anyone. But from my experience it was great hiring someone else who worked with us to understand what was wrong how things are wrong and what is acceptable and what’s not. And unfortunately me and my husband don’t have all the knowledge to look at every trades work to pick up on things but getting the report done. Showed us what we would never have noticed until it would break or we would have problem. But they wouldn’t throw your case out. If your building I’d say use them and maybe call vcat and ask but as I’m aware I can bring in their photos or mine or both and show facts.
Hope that helps

Dear Anna,

This is a complex response. Please take the time to read through all parts.

1.Registered inspectors are only responsible for structural defects as per The Building Act Vic (Law) which is administered by the Victorian Building Authority. Even then they do miss items.
2. Darbecca will not only look at structural items, they then look at all the other items that builders must do, however are not the responsibility of the Registered Inspector. These items generally come under the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law) which is administered by Consumer Affairs Victoria Government.
3.Given that Darbecca cross over both Acts which are the responsibility of two different Victorian Government Agencies, No registration has ever been agreed to by either Agency.
4. The builder must fix all defects brought to their attention, both Structural and Cosmetic. It is in the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law). It is also in most Building Contracts.
5. Darbecca would welcome these two agencies (Vic Building Authority and Consumer Affairs) getting together and finding a class of registration, then two things would occur.
Firstly the quality of the inspectors would be set at a industry level that would demonstrate some level of competence. Currently anybody can put out a shingle and state that they are qualified.
Secondly the builders would not be able to put fear doubt and uncertainty into the home owners mind by stating that the inspector is not registered. A tactics often used by many a Site Supervisor.
6. It is worth noting that there is no registration for Site Managers/Supervisors, Construction Managers or Building Managers. The only person in a building company that must be registered in the person at the top. The builder. In big companies, I would be very surprised if they went to every site and checked on the quality if at all.
7. Finally, a little known fact is that the Home Owner is the one held accountable under Law for the quality of the build and the Compliance with all regulations. Not the Builder or the Registered Surveyor and or his Registered Inspectors..
The Law is very clear that the home owner who may or may not have any understanding of the rules carries this burden. Hence why we do what we do. As an example, if you lived in your home for a couple of years, then there was an issue that the local council discovered, the Council would put orders on the home owner to fix. Then it becomes a legal battle between the home owner and the builder/Surveyor as to who is going to pay. However in the mean time, the home owner carries the burden in all matters.

The only reason why a Darbecca report are not VCAT compliant right at the start is they take more work to produce up front and most builders would fix the defects that Darbecca bring to their attention. However if the builders refuses, Darbecca have been to VCAT on many occasions and delivered expert evidence regardless of any Registration. The report is then converted to the VCAT format in compliance with PN2.

Note: In other states where the State Government has registration for processes like what Darbecca does, Darbecca holds those licenses.

I hope this helps.

Darren Love and the Darbecca Team.

Alam

Alamasked

I want to engage Darbecca for my new house construction but after reading the above review I am now confused whether to go ahead or not, please suggest any other building inspector

Alam,

We have been chasing a client for payment. He has threatened to use social media if we did not let payment go so that he got the report for free. The matter is now with our lawyers and the police for attempted blackmail.

I ask you to read all of the other reviews that are from customers that are good as they are true.

Darren

Hi Alam,
I would recommend you use darrbecca for your inspections, we haven’t had a problem and have honestly been a blessing to have them. And we only used them because a friend of yours used them and highly recommended them. And if your unsure maybe get your first inspection done with them and if you don’t like or whatever change. But we honestly couldn’t fault them. Hope that helps

mukesh g.
mukesh g.

Hi Alam
I recommend you Fangs Building Inspections, they are very through, spend around 2 hours on inspections, compare to drive through inspection provide by these dispute building inspection companies. They are very good, very affordable, very qualified inspectors, etc

Get an answer from our members and Darbecca representatives