• Job Satisfaction
Sam Lakin

Sam Lakin South East Queensland, QLD

Would highly recommend- such a valuable service this Company go above and beyond

Darbecca was recommended to me by a friend who is building her home, I have used them now for two inspections, they have been amazing and I can honestly say I don’t know what I would do without them, they go above and beyond and actually care about your home being made as promised but more importantly to the construction standards that are in place to protect the client from defected and dangerous homes being passed off as complete. Big thanks to Clayton and Gregg.

Michael M.

Michael M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very positive experience with Rob and the Darbecca team.

Darbecca were very good to deal with on all fronts, their admin team are generally quick to respond and generally have no issues squeezing in appointments. I had Rob as the inspector for the building process and and was very detailed in his reports picking up many defects and following up the rectifications from the previous inspection on his next inspection and if the defect hadn't been rectified he would list it again in the next inspection report to ensure it would be rectified. Rob also lent himself to be contacted if we weren't sure on anything or needed any help with anything. Overall I'm very happy choosing Darbecca and believe it was money well spent.

Too Expensive & Didnt even Help

My wife & I used Darbecca on our home in Tarneit. We paid close to $4000 for the inspections. The builder did not rectify any of the items arguing that they were in Aus Standards and saying Darbecca put them in report just to make report long. When I ask Darbecca why they put things in report that builder dont fix they said its not their problem & were very rude on the phone.
Waste of money for my family.

Christine S.

Christine S.South East Queensland, QLD

So grateful

Darbecca have been incredible over the last couple of months. Clayton and Greg went above and beyond to support me during my build, particularly when dealing with a non-compliant builder that was trying to intimidate me and refuse Darbecca on site in the beginning. Every report (I hired them for every stage) was thorough and detailed, nothing was missed. Clayton even picked up defects at handover that I would never have noticed. If you're considering hiring a private building inspector - give these guys a call ASAP.

Job Satisfaction

We engaged Darbecca as a private inspector for a new build. Our inspector Clayton was very thorough and insightful. I seriously recommend his services for any practical completion inspections for new builds.

Bonnie

BonnieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Would not buy or build a house without Darbecca

We have used both Darbecca Vic and QLD for both our house inspections(new build) and highly recommend. Also suggest an inspection for each stage,they have saved us thousands of dollars in repairs and a headache with the builder

Job Satisfaction

Darbecca truly is what it says..

SIMPLY THE BEST

Kim

KimSouthwest, VIC

Very thorough

Money well spent! The inspector found issues with my build that I never would have noticed. I wish I got them to inspect the ealier stages of my house as well.

Find out how Darbecca compares to other Home Inspection Companies

They always have their eye on the ball

We just completed building our house with the assistance of Darbeca inspectors. Their professionalism & attention to detail helped in having our builder up their game and in the end we got a neatly built house. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who wants peace of mind during the building process.

rh1n0

rh1n0Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Their services have been a big eye-opener

Couldn't be happier that we decided to go ahead with Darbecca's services, in particular our inspector for every stage was Dale J. - absolutely fantastic with his helpful findings, professional reports, and advice + empathy during the process we endured from the builders.

While I don't think I can go through the motions of building a house again any time soon, I'll definitely be utilising the services again should the opportunity present itself!

Exceptional Help and Professionalism

Would recommend

Yann

YannSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thorough inspectors who won't let you down

Darren L.Darbecca

Could not recommend highly enough!

We are building our first home in Ballarat and would recommend any home builders utilise their services. They are extremely thorough and quick to reply to any communications. They are also excellent when it comes to dealing with builders and site supervisors.

Matt,

Firstly thank you for trusting us with your home. It is a task that we all take personally. I appreciate you taking the time to tell others of your experience. It keeps us going. Darren Love and the Darbecca team.

Anton N.

Anton N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Quality Assurance and Advice

I got the reference from my property developer Brown Properties. From the first inspection to the last, Dale Jamieson did a wonderful job advising every item in detail. So far I have recommended Darbecca to 3 of my friends. Dale is always on time, sends out the report promptly on the same day, answered every question professionally.

Naomi and Son

Naomi and SonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An absolute must!

I was advised to go with Darbecca from family, and we are so glad that we did! Darbecca were very helpful, professional and prompt from the get go... no question was too silly, nor was anything to much trouble for them. The independent inspector that we got was lovely, showed us around the house, what to look for etc.. their reports were detailed and heaps of items were picked up for our builders to review! It was very re-assuring to have Darbecca inspect our build... definitely worth it! Would recommend to all. Friendly, professional service and happy to help whatever the query! Thank you Darbecca.

Darren L.Darbecca

Darbecca. Absolute Life savers who are a must through the building process!!

Am in the process of building my first home and contacted darbecca for an urgent frame inspection. Within 1 day inspection was complete and I had received a thorough in depth report.
Service was absolutely outstanding from office staff to my inspector himself. Darbecca epitomise professionalism and true care for their customers and I would not hesitate to use them again. They are an absolute credit to the building industry.
Thank you so much Darbecca and to anyone building I highly recommend using this service.

Casslex

CasslexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worth every cent

Thank you, thank you, thank you Darbecca. As first home owners and knowing very little about buildings house, you have saved us so much worry! Thank you to Carl and Paul who conducted our inspections and provided the assistance when we weren’t sure about some items. The customer service team have been great and very friendly. We originally only wanted 3 inspections but ended up doing all (6) inspections as it was so very worth our money. For the peace of mind and safe home.

Wayne

WayneMelbourne

Carl is amazing!

Carl is one of the staff there and he does the extra mile on his job. recommended to use him and the company Darbecca. I used this company and everything was going smooth and my property is built without any problem

Anna D

Anna Dasked

Hi
I have been advised that as Darbecca are not registered building surveyors if something ends up in VCAT it gets thrown out due to the fact your not registered surveryors. Can you advise if this is correct.?
Thanks Anna

Hi Anna,
When you receive the report from down the bottom it says if your needing it for vcat they can format it for vcat, and if you have a lawyer and real things wrong with your house it won’t get thrown out. As I’m aware they are inspectors. But for example you could get me to do your inspection and I could tell you things that are wrong and not intolerances with your house and if you took what I said to vcat the fact that your house isn’t up to standard is what the case will be on not who said what. It’s on facts you could even do your own research into what to look for and not pay anyone. But from my experience it was great hiring someone else who worked with us to understand what was wrong how things are wrong and what is acceptable and what’s not. And unfortunately me and my husband don’t have all the knowledge to look at every trades work to pick up on things but getting the report done. Showed us what we would never have noticed until it would break or we would have problem. But they wouldn’t throw your case out. If your building I’d say use them and maybe call vcat and ask but as I’m aware I can bring in their photos or mine or both and show facts.
Hope that helps

Dear Anna,

This is a complex response. Please take the time to read through all parts.

1.Registered inspectors are only responsible for structural defects as per The Building Act Vic (Law) which is administered by the Victorian Building Authority. Even then they do miss items.
2. Darbecca will not only look at structural items, they then look at all the other items that builders must do, however are not the responsibility of the Registered Inspector. These items generally come under the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law) which is administered by Consumer Affairs Victoria Government.
3.Given that Darbecca cross over both Acts which are the responsibility of two different Victorian Government Agencies, No registration has ever been agreed to by either Agency.
4. The builder must fix all defects brought to their attention, both Structural and Cosmetic. It is in the Domestic Building Contracts Act (Law). It is also in most Building Contracts.
5. Darbecca would welcome these two agencies (Vic Building Authority and Consumer Affairs) getting together and finding a class of registration, then two things would occur.
Firstly the quality of the inspectors would be set at a industry level that would demonstrate some level of competence. Currently anybody can put out a shingle and state that they are qualified.
Secondly the builders would not be able to put fear doubt and uncertainty into the home owners mind by stating that the inspector is not registered. A tactics often used by many a Site Supervisor.
6. It is worth noting that there is no registration for Site Managers/Supervisors, Construction Managers or Building Managers. The only person in a building company that must be registered in the person at the top. The builder. In big companies, I would be very surprised if they went to every site and checked on the quality if at all.
7. Finally, a little known fact is that the Home Owner is the one held accountable under Law for the quality of the build and the Compliance with all regulations. Not the Builder or the Registered Surveyor and or his Registered Inspectors..
The Law is very clear that the home owner who may or may not have any understanding of the rules carries this burden. Hence why we do what we do. As an example, if you lived in your home for a couple of years, then there was an issue that the local council discovered, the Council would put orders on the home owner to fix. Then it becomes a legal battle between the home owner and the builder/Surveyor as to who is going to pay. However in the mean time, the home owner carries the burden in all matters.

The only reason why a Darbecca report are not VCAT compliant right at the start is they take more work to produce up front and most builders would fix the defects that Darbecca bring to their attention. However if the builders refuses, Darbecca have been to VCAT on many occasions and delivered expert evidence regardless of any Registration. The report is then converted to the VCAT format in compliance with PN2.

Note: In other states where the State Government has registration for processes like what Darbecca does, Darbecca holds those licenses.

I hope this helps.

Darren Love and the Darbecca Team.

Alam

Alamasked

I want to engage Darbecca for my new house construction but after reading the above review I am now confused whether to go ahead or not, please suggest any other building inspector

Alam,

We have been chasing a client for payment. He has threatened to use social media if we did not let payment go so that he got the report for free. The matter is now with our lawyers and the police for attempted blackmail.

I ask you to read all of the other reviews that are from customers that are good as they are true.

Darren

Hi Alam,
I would recommend you use darrbecca for your inspections, we haven’t had a problem and have honestly been a blessing to have them. And we only used them because a friend of yours used them and highly recommended them. And if your unsure maybe get your first inspection done with them and if you don’t like or whatever change. But we honestly couldn’t fault them. Hope that helps

mukesh g.
mukesh g.

Hi Alam
I recommend you Fangs Building Inspections, they are very through, spend around 2 hours on inspections, compare to drive through inspection provide by these dispute building inspection companies. They are very good, very affordable, very qualified inspectors, etc

Get an answer from our members and Darbecca representatives