HSBC Platinum

HSBC Platinum

See the Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• 0% p.a. Interest Rate on purchases for the first 12 months

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 12 months, 0% Balance Transfer Fee

• Refunded $129 Annual Fee if you spend $6,000 or more on purchases each year

• Earn up to 2 Rewards Plus Points per dollar

• Complimentary Insurances, including Domestic and International Travel Insurance

Cons

• 3% Overseas Exchange Fees

• Earning Points capped at 10,000 per statement period

• Balance Transfers revert to the high Cash Advance Rate of 21.99% p.a.

AJ000

AJ000South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible new application experience - absolute bottom tier service

Card Start DateOctober 2019
Card / Account Used ForSpecial Purchases

Nicky

NickySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great reward if you spent enough in a year

If you spend over $6000 a year - you will receive 2 free visits to airport lounges per year, plus no annual fee! It's an absolutely rewarding credit card if you travel at least once a year to redeem this reward. I am very satisfied with the deal that comes with this credit card.

Card Start DateJuly 2018

Annual Fee. Messy Points Processes

When I first applied I thought there was no annual fee. I found out there was during the application but decided to proceed anyway. The points processes seem very messy. You really need to follow all of their rules carefully and keep your own records so they don't expire. Not really happy with this card.

Card Start DateSeptember 2019
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping
John

JohnMelbourne

Applying for this card was one of the hardest things I ever had to do

Bad recommended I take out a credit card to manage my finances.

Online form was short but then nothing happened. A month later they wrote to me saying my application was incomplete and I had to resubmit. I did but still nothing happened.

Finally someone phoned me and they asked heaps of questions - why if I am an existing customer!?

I'm not even sure it's a good deal card so I rarely use it as I don't trust the whole process or bank.

Card Start DateMay 2018

Kosh

Kosh

Great fee free card with basic perks

Got the VISA Platinum fee free a few years ago, have stuck with it due to VISA branding and rewards points system. Redemption of points to rewards seems rather unfair (ie. $5000 spend for a $25 reward). Fees are a little high, particularly overseas charges.

Overall, versatile card, good interest free period (59 days), no fee with points earn (despite inequitable rewards earning system) is nice for low income earners or students.

thomalfa

thomalfaSydney, NSW

Moderate no annual fee credit card

Card Start DateApril 2013
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Overseas/Travel

Oshe

Oshe

Not bad, don't like their online portal

I had this card from Ikea October 2017 till I closed it less than a year later.
I got 12 months interest free on Ikea furniture.
To my suprise they gave me a $8000 limit.
Logging in online seems a bit complicated as it uses your email instead of your debit card numbers etc.
I kinda forgot signing up with my email and most banks don't do this so I wasted a lot of other login attempts. But I called them up and they resolved this, their phone team is not too bad. Although a couple times I got disconnected with them and this caused some frustration. I would always give my mobile right away in case such an event happened.
I closed this card since to avoid the annual fee of $69 I believe.

Card Start DateOctober 2017
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Special Purchases

No Annual fee, good List rewards option

Rewards program has a good list of redemption options, though they seem to increased the number of points to redeem each option and it takes a few weeks to get each reward. Earning points is easy enough with most transactions counted as 1 point per dollar.

Card Start DateSeptember 2008
Sanjeev

SanjeevPerth, WA

No Annual fees and get Cashback through points

No fuss.accumulate points on every dollar spent and can redeem points for Gift Cards.very easy to accumulate points.highly satisfied with the rewards.got coles gift card by using points.balance transfer is also possible.

Card Start DateApril 2017

HappyDragon

HappyDragonAU

Good for balance transfer

I got this credit card on a zero anual fee promotion. I have an Amex as well but the HSBC visa card, unlike the Amex, can be used anywhere. Customer service is not as good as Amex but still quite good. I love the balance transfer feature which incurs only %8 per year for 18 months. You will receive points for your purchases as well. Also, extended warranty and international travel insurances are nice to have.

Card Start DateSeptember 2015
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

ADB

ADBSydney

Best credit card ever

Card Start DateJanuary 2016
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Tanvir

TanvirSydney, NSW

Good Credit card features

The card offers good features with no additional cast as the annual fee is refundable once user spent 6k a year.
The lucrative feature included 2 airport lounge access and access to Frequent value rewards program. In short, if you are looking for to save money while you are spending the reward program is beneficial for you to access. The only cons I can think of is the app on the phone and on the website, the company needs to have a second thought for improvement.

Card Start DateJune 2019

olysydney

Worst Bank out there, beware

oly

As an addendum, maybe they should ask for a transaction history rather than a bank statement (if they know the difference), I would’ve said no from the outset.

js1

js1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great credit card, poor app

Great credit card considering you can usually get a fee waiver and you will get a good points ratio plus interest fee periods. The android app is one of the poorest banking apps out there. If an app is important, this may not be the card to you.

Alex C.

Alex C.

No fees but still points, accepted most places

No troubles with this card, there's still solid rewards but I have not earned many points. No fees, and accepted at more places than my Amex card. Would recommend it for easy no hassle card.

Stewart

StewartKanahooka

Fee free but still has platinum features

I have had the HSBC Platinum credit card for nearly 3 years the only reason I applied for the card was the fee free and still have the platinum features. Other cards have better rewards program but depends what suits the individual. But recently I purchased overseas accomodation online with the card and the online travel company closed down. With a small amount of correspondance I was refunded the money in full. Couldn't be happier.

Card Start DateOctober 2016
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping and Overseas/Travel

KMinOZ

KMinOZMelbourne, VIC

Great card with points that are worth having the card

Very satisfied with the card and the excellent customer service both locally and overseas.
Had my card details stolen a bit over a year ago and everything was resolved in a timely manner.
Love the card controls which allows me to select the countries the card works in and what services can be used with the card.
The rewards points allow me to get gift cards from major stores each year.
The only drawback is a cash advance fee for some online purchases which are considered cash advance but these can be avoided once you are aware of it.

commands

commandsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

0 Fee

Got it under 0 fee for life offer. Never had any trouble since last 5 years. Not a regular user of CC. But whenever short of enough funds and bills are due, it has always come handy. I liked HSBC so much that we have even got home loan from it as well. One of the lowest rates.

Card Start DateMarch 2013
Card / Account Used ForOnline Shopping and Special Purchases

Shelley

ShelleyMelbourne

Fee Free

Joined during the fee free promo hence no annual fee on this card for life. I have used it overseas and found it as good as any brand I have used in the past (however I have since applied for the HSBC Global Debit Card and that is perfect for overseas transactions). I used my points for credit on my balance and although the points accumulate slowly due to a lot of point expempt rules due to the face I do not pay for the card its a nice extra. Auto redemption can be set up so very easy to redeem. Recommend this card and especiallty the HSBC card products.

Card Start DateOctober 2017

Hae Jung

Hae JungMelbourne

Long long time ago

I applied HSBC credit card 9th June, means 2 and 1/2 weeks ago
They only send me message we will contact you as soon as possible
I have't received any call or email after I apply card
I visited HSBC bank and get an answer, wait
Don't waste time with HSBC again