Huawei Y5

Huawei Y5

2018, 2015 and 2017

Don't bother

Phone is terrible. Laggy, slow, Not what you would expect in 2019. Absolutely terrible phone. Buy something else. Mine is going in the trash i'm so annoyed at how slow it is

Purchased in April 2019 at big w for $99.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Software

Good backup phone

Huawei Y5 2018
Android 8.0
No home button. Screen is good. Offer sd card expandion
With contacts. It is a bit slow to load the names.
I am satisfy with this phone with this price

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Software

Way better than we Expected

Thought we'd take a punt on reviews - Under $120 AU NEW.
Bought a Huawei just because some compliant Governments have joined Washington in trying to wreck Huawei... (as I'm sure many others have)
GPS is very accurate. We use 'Here' a navigation app (first used on Symbian operating system on an N8 Nokia 2012) Spend hours testing. Camera is much better than many other entry level phones. My wife likes it better than her iPhone6 and is selling that to buy a Huawei (not Y5).
We don't play games, so don't care about process speeds.
Looks nice, feels solis, not too bad in sunlight - And fits my work shirt pocket...
All in all totally worth the investment. Good one Huawei

Purchased in March 2019.

Good for the price

For what you pay for the Huawei y5 you get a good solid performing phone. It's not a flashy as other phones but at 1/4 of the price of the more famous brands. Had phone for 3 months. Good battery life and fairly fast on the internet. Great quality pictures. The Huawei y5 has a lot of features to many to list here. I would recommend this phone to a person looking for a good performing mid range phone.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Affordable

As an older person I always select a new phone that is relatively simple to operate. The Huawei Y5 is just that. It has a good screen I can see in the daylight, has all the functions that I need, however the touch sensitivity of the screen is not that good and the volume does not go very high on the external speaker. Oh well it wasn't that expensive so I guess you get what you pay for

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Works good

The phone looks well build nice size the screen resolution is good Picture are ok i mean for the price and i bought on offer for my son is a good deal good brand also there is software update all google services available, good battery live, blue color is nice.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great phone

Its a really great phone easy to hold takes great photos and videos even at night the picture quality is.really good.I use my phone for games txting phonecalls and emails I use google alot I use emails to see the clubs im with and I use facebook I watch utube and have learnt crocheting

CHEAPPP

I am so impressed with this phone as this is soooo cheap, I bought it at arond a hundred dollar (i forgot) , this is as normal as the other phone, nothing special, everything works normally, especially on internet, pictures and phone calls (normal stuff i’d say)
The camera is alright, do not expect too much
And hopebthe battery life can be longer, but it’s alright as i got charger

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Great but not without issues.

This phone did all I needed in today hectic world. I only had problems with data storage, so I constantly had to delete things. Great features and perfect photos. I have constantly dropped the phone too and most other phones cracked the screen but this phone doesn't even have a crack yet.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Good, works, was cheap

My old samsung J1 mini was running out of battery ‘oomph’ so I saw this model in BigW at $108 and bought it. It is dual sim, so easy to set up, and put in a UK sim when over there for a holiday recently. Worked well. It does all the usual smartphone tricks and the battery lasts at least a couple of days. After 4 months, so far, I don’t regret buying it at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Spy Phone

Firstly I think I got ripped off at Aust. post since others have paid around the $100 mark while I paid $150. Other than that I thought it a fine item for the price. I haven't let the HiApps have permissions though and have had no issues thus far. I use the in phone cleanup App to fix cache, cookies etc. which I had to install separately in other phones. Google Apps, YouTube, Reminder App etc. do seem to want to update allot but I guess I'll see how long it takes before the memory s full shall I ?
Camera is good despite only being 8MP. runs online in 3 & 4 G well, holds signal good too! Had troubles finding a screen protector and case for it strangely enough, even on eBay.
A good phone I suppose for the price and it was very simple to get Google account etc. sorted.
The other selling point for me was the unlocked dual sim it has. And I didn't have to change from a micro to a nano sim either.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Amazing for the price

Pretty amazing phone for the price - I only ever used it as a second/guest phone but I was always impressed by how much you get for the money. OK sure , its no iPhone but it only cost $99 and it has a great screen, good browsing, long battery life. The camera lets it down a bit and some apps are getting no more updates but I have had good us of it and feel like I have had my money's worth.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good phone - not enough updates

I was really pleased with this when i first got it. I seemed better than some low end Samsungs (j series) that I was considering. Screen is good and bright. Pretty fast browsing, works with Optus. All good but it seemed to age every rapidly due to lack of updates. I finally had to stop using it because it isn't compatible with the latest version of Uber and I need that. The battery still holds a n excellent change and everything works but it wasn't supported for very long.- I think it only ever got one update!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Very good phone for money

This is no iPhone or S9 but it performed very nicely indeed for me as a fill in. I didn't expect too much from a supermarket phone but technology has come along way and it did nothing to annoy me and was actually pretty great in some ways. Good side - screen (for the price) battery life call quality (including speaker) all good. Bad side - camera (not good) lack of RAM and processor power. This overall is a cheap phone that you can actually use without too many hindrances. Good value for money!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great back up phone

Great back up phone but I wouldn't use it as my main daily driver. I got this as a second phone and it has put in remarkable service and been all over the country too. These day I mostly only use it for WiFi but I have used it completely on holidays. It does really well but if you are used to a flagship, you notice the colors aren't there, the resolution isn't up to scratch camera not as good etc, It remarkably good for the price however and I feel that I have definitely had my money's worth

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Used this solidly for a year

This was cheap to buy and actually performed far better than I ever expected. It was my second phone for over a year and got constantly used in that role. It made an excellent wifi hotspot when I didn't use it as a phone too. Screen was quite adequate, browsing was fine audio good too. I eventually stopped using it because certain apps could no longer be updated but that's it the android version, not the phone itself. Good little phone!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Pretty good phone!!! Pretty cheap price!!!

I bought this phone about a year ago and it's been great. It was only $99 on sale, new and unlocked - bargain! Does everything I need it to do. It's pretty sturdy too, it has been thrown around a bit. The screen cracked once when i dropped it on the road but these things happen! Really happy with this phone, I just use it for a few apps plus internet, calls, photos and picture messages and it works great.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Lots Of Bang For The Buck

I have come to rely on this more and more in time. When I first got it I was dubious about the brand but it has proven itself to be a reliable and worthy phone. The screen is absolutely great. There is enough "guts" IE processor power and RAM to do everything I need to do without choking and the battery holds up very fairly too. These Huawei phones are good and I would definitely choose this brand again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great for the price!

Never misses a beat! It's great value for what it does. Great features and long battery life. We lost our other phone and are now using the Huawei daily. No problems at all and great reception. I would highly recommend this phone if you're looking to buy in the lower market price.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nice phone and great value

This is a great 2nd phone that I bought as the battery in my 'main' phone was becoming unreliable. It has more options that my other phone, and navigation is super easy. I use it for email, web browsing and apps like waze, netflix, iview etc. It has never let me down. The camera is OK but not as good as some of the top notch phones, but you can't have it all.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

How do I transfer contacts between Y5 2017 to 2018 as nearly everything else has worked,thank you
theres a menu button at the bottom of contacts, hit that, export to a sim or data card, do import on the new phone

What's a good WI FI printer that is compatible with a Huwaie Y5 android mobile.?
you would think any wifi printer would work, maybe just check its android compatible 1stHi there Dave, I had No idea that there was such a thing as a Wi Fi printer. I get all my printing done at the local library 20c a copy. Or perhaps try Office works if there is one near you. Or contact your nearest tech expert. Sorry I can't help you any further. Good Luck.

Bought brand new Y6 2018 model from Big W. Unlocked. Using Optus SIM. When people call me they regularly get phone switched off or out of range message. Also phone is 16g. When I checked almost 16g used yet IHavent added anything orth than my phone contacts a taken about 10 fotos. Any ideas?

Y5 2018Y5 2015Y5 2017
Build
Colour / Finish Black
Dimensions 146.5 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm
Weight142 g
Replaced byHuawei Y5 IIHuawei Y5 2017 and Huawei Y5 IIHuawei Y5 2018 and Huawei Y5 II

• MPN: 1101001180