Husqvarna 125B/BVx

Husqvarna 125B/BVx

125BVx and 125B

See the Best Petrol Blower Vacuums in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don’t Buy This Blower

20th March 2019
I bought a Husqvarna 125BVX mid 2018 for the explicit purpose of sucking up leaves from my paved driveway. Since the purchase I’ve been able to use it 3 times successfully. On 6 other occasions I’ve had to take it back to the place of purchase it’s it wasn’t operational.
1st time the inlet clogged.
3rd -5th times it wouldn’t start. The last of these times I had to pay $68 to have it serviced as apparently the fuel was dirty. Same fuel I put in the lawn mower and whipper snipper with no problem.
The last time I used it, immediately after being serviced it stopped sucking.
I rang [name removed] at Husqvarna tech support to make a complaint and was advised to return it to the place of purchase. After doing this I received a return call from [name removed] saying that the machine had clogged with leaves and the Husqvarna advised not to vacuum leaves as they will clog the machine. Feeling a little incredulous I asked [name removed] to read the paragraph in the product pamphlet where it said not to vacuum leaves. He admitted it wasn’t there. He repeated that I shouldn’t be sucking up leaves with this product, hence Husqvarna would do nothing.
Upon returning to the dealer I advised them that the product wasn’t fit for the purpose I had bought it for, ie sucking up leaves and asked for a refund. I was told NO and that it was my fault and I quote..
“You don’t know how to use the thing.”
I responded by saying that I would be telling others of my treatment by himself and his wife.
He then proceeded to call me “names,” pull some leaves out of the machine, threw them at my feet along with a screwdriver he was holding. The screwdriver bounced and narrowly missed hitting my legs.
Don’t buy Husqvarna!

Purchased in June 2018.

Noise Level
Safety

A good machine

Always having chainsaw fuel on hand chose a two stroke blower over electric. Happy I did as I can adjust the air flow to suit the job. On idle it gently clears leaves from scoria without blowing the scoria away. Prime the carb, full choke, and it always starts third pull. Full bore blast is excellent. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

rubbish, warranty nothing

bought this only 3 month, it burn out, the engine is wrecked. can not be repair. warranty claim didn't help to replace it or fix it, they will say your fault, not using in the right way, not putting enough oil. don't waste time on the claim. one word: Rubbish.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Blows and sucks in a good way

Purchased cheap models from Aldi Bunnings ect and nothing but dramas so payed a bit more and my money’s worth hasn’t missed a beat a bit a work to switch between blow n vac but all in all a excellent machine no dramas at all love it no fuel leaks especially

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Not a bad machine for Entry Level vacuum

I purchased this in place of a McCullough as i needed a petrol vac for leaves and minor small twigs.
the other machine was the same price and was a big heap of crap - returned the same day it was bought.... See review on that one...
So i bought this in place, and I've had it over 12 months now and been very happy with it.
I use it 99% of the time as a vacuum, and it has been very easy to start, reliable and powerful enough for what i have needed.
The reason i haven't given it a better rating is the design....
the bag-tube is an elbow - and is "permanently" installed using a tool ( screwdriver). thing is.... to empty the bag is a mission! You've basically got to hang the machine upside down inside the bin and then try to open the bag and shake all the stuff out.....
this is the same as the design on the McCullough so i suppose this is just "how these cheap ones are designed" but really.... it could be a LOT better if it were just a wing nut to release the tube to detach it easily from the power head to empty.....
Other than that - I've found it good value.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Dead and so called 5 Year warranty is useless

Blower Vac died 2.5 years into 5 year warranty period and Husqvarna state that they won't replace blower vacuum because the carburettor has supposedly come loose and wrecked the engine and this is supposedly not covered by warranty. Buy anything else if you have a choice Husqvarna quality and after sales support is non-existent

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Not designed well.

The vacuum tube appears to be permanent when attached. I cannot find instructions in manual on how to remove it. Design must not have been tested. Engine output is not dependable. Sometimes I just give up and use a rake. FRUSTRATED!!!!!!! The vacuum gets clogged easily and since the tube cannot be easily removed one has to be inventive to clear the clog.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Rubbish!! Just problems, stay with tanaka.

Rubbish!!! Just problems, stay with tanaka.
Stops every time, difficult to start it again, a real problem.
Vacuum? ahha what a joke.

I bough it from Sydney Tools, also the guys there are very rude and helpless.

Bad Design And Quality

Had a problem and took it apart. Loose screws under the intake and a broken engine mount on the bottom. I am trying to JB weld it but time will tell if it holds, probably not. Unit is not quite 1 year old. In 40 years I've never had a blower with these kind of problems on such a new unit. Only used at home. When it runs it performs well but the engine mounts should not break like this!

A good investment

I own a small business so I use it a lot. In the past 18 months it has never fail, start first time every time. The design is good and I would only fault one thing on this, the vaccum. Honestly the vaccum is really just for dry leaves, it is useless for anything else. It clogs easily and once that happens you have to dismantle the vaccum attachment and put it back, and it's a bit of a pain when that happens every 5-10 min.
Other than that it is powerful, easy to maintain and really a valuable item. I can't remember the exact price but I think it was around $300. Yes it's not cheap but it is a quality item and nothing has come apart, brake or any nasty surprises. I am very please with this unit and I would highly recommend it. The vaccum is mainly a gimmick but I learn not to use it so no frustration there. Do yourself a favour, avoid the big B, yes they have cheaper in stock but if you are after quality that won't let you down, you can't go wrong with this one.

Vac function hopeless

Vacum configuration hopeless, awkward to use,balance with vac bag terrible, if you need to pick up leaves use a rake and dustpan, in short very disappointed. Awkward to change over from blow to vac obviously the guys who designed /sell this equipment have not tried to use this equipment, maybe ok on pineneedles.
Reasonable if you want to blow leaves next door.

Worst 2 Stoke I have owned

This is the worst 2 stroke I have owned. It starts well but only runs for less than 20 seconds before it stalls. I have had it back to Husqvana service for adjustment but the problem persists. I have had many 2 stroke devices over the years including brush cutters and chainsaws without any problems. My Bunnings cheap brush cutter has worked for 5 years without issue. I bought this because Husqvana was supposed to be a good brand. If this piece of equipment is an example I can’t understand how they could have a good reputation.
Starts well
Stops after 20 seconds

I bought a Husqvana 125BV blower/vacuum as I believed they were one of the best on the market. Big mistake. It has the most cumbersome and difficult vacuum attachment you could ever come across. Their engineers must have designed these attachments to almost lead the user to commit suicide. I will never buy or recommend Husqvana to anyone. Stay away

Looks stunning, easy running and starting, quiet, no vibration and superior ergonomics, premium build quality and warranty. Easily the best value hand held blower on the market.
Fabulous build quality. All the engine and major components are still made in house in Sweden. Very quiet, powerful and easy to start! Typical Husqvarna premium quality.
Would prefer them to be fully assembled in Sweden. Assembled in Husqvarna factory in Nebraska in the USA. A minor quibble i guess as the quality is damn fine!

Husqvarna 125b

Worked great when new .After a month carby air filter became loose.had it serviced as new again 2 years old have just pulled it apart and found 3 broken bolts and engine mount behind fan .also broken bolt on carby. Would not buy again. You only get what you pay for. If i knew what i know now i would have pulled it apart when i first got it and put locktite on all bolts .Return spring on carby also broke.
Inexpensive
Poor alloy and bolts tend to break

Blows hard, starts easy.

Had the 125b for 3 months now. Usually pretty easy to start, reasonably light. Ignition coil failed after 2 months and was fixed under warranty. A bit disappointed as we paid a premium price for the "reliability". The throttle is a bit funny, and every now and then it will nearly stall when the trigger is pulled. Have to back off and throttle it slowly. First blower we've owned, so have nothing to compare it to. Heads up -this unit needs a tune after 8hours running, at which point it will have 500 rpm more revs. This was an extra $50 on the already "premium" price. Dealer said "nobody does the first service for free mate", which I remember quite clearly because we bought a Stihl line trimmer the month after where they were quite happy to include the first service for free. Wondering if I should have got the Stihl instead......
Easy to start, powerful (after first tune).
Broke down after 2 months. Costs extra to get it tuned after 8 hours running.

Good

Great overall for the price ( $280 Aus ) and performs as good as a Stihl 600 series and looks the goods. Still much cheaper than a Stihl or Japanese brand (Echo/Robin).
Reasonably light, powerful, looks great, ergonomics.
Tubes are cheap, requires an idle engine tune once bedded in.