Husqvarna Automower

Husqvarna Automower

105, 310, 315, 315X-Line, 430X and 8 more

See the Best Robot Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Don't waste your money

I paid nearly $2000 3 years ago, and since then I have had to have it repaired a total of 6 times, costing roughly another $2000. It is currently broken down again, and I am so very disappointed with it. The single back wheel does not pivot (like a caster) and therefore digs up the grass in areas where it has to turn often, like around trees or in corners, leaving big bare patches of dirt which eventually gets so loose it can't get traction and gets stuck there. When it works it is very satisfying to see it doing the mowing chore, and the lawn looks good, except for the bare patches. My next robot mower will be one with 4 wheels instead of three and a longer guarantee.

Purchased in February 2016 for $1,999.00.

Battery Life
Product is used: Weekly

Fred

Fred

Many Many Many issues!

I love this mower, when it works! Ive only had it for just over two years and It's been to the repair shop at least three times for three or four months at a time. Husqvarna service is atrocious to say the least, I don't think they bother because we are a small and distant market. I will replace it when a decent competitor comes along, I'm tempted to get the new Husqvarna automower but without support there is not point.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

PerryS

PerrySSydney, NSW

Robotic Mowing

Anne

AnneSydney

Used to love it, now not sure unreliable service support from Husqvana

When my automower worked I loved it...

But for the last 4 months it's been living at Sydney Tools waiting on parts from Husqvana, I've just been told it will be another another 3 weeks before the part arrives. That's now the 4th time I've been told that, so not sure if I will ever get my mower back....

Date PurchasedSep 2009

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good idea,poor back up

Purchased in December 2013 for $2,000.00.

Battery Life
Product is used: Daily

JasonQuebec Canada

I finally found someone to install it for me!

In Quebec, it's super hard to get our hands on one :O I found : http://www.automowerquebec.com/ They installed it for me and they also offer the installation which is super hard to do yourself properly. If you live in Quebec Canada I can't recommend it more, it saved me so much lawn mowing time!

Not happyHunter Region, NSW

Eggsellant

Gordon Hinds
Gordon Hinds

They are way too expensive for a suburban block...$5,000??????

Not happy

I'll literally never have to cut my grass again!

Chris

Chrisasked

Automower 230ACX

what is the max recommended area to maintain? I have approx 1 acre of land to mow. that is excluding buildings. 1 acre of actual gras area to mow. Which model is best suited and the price.

You need a 450X for it to be effective. Check it out on : automowerquebec.com

Not happy

As far as I am aware there is no maximum area. The model I purchased is the 230ACX and the manual states "40 kWh/month with a working area of 3 000 m²". An acre is about 4 047 m². My yard set up is for roughly 2 800 m², split into three separate areas on one wire. I paid about 5.5k clams all up for our system. I had to buy a signal repeater and an extra 250 m of boundary wire on top of the initial purchase. You will get a different price depending on the dealer you are dealing with and the model you are looking at. Husqvarna have produced a number of better models than the one I have since I bought it, including solar models. You can have two machines running in the one area, but when I looked into it you had to have two distinct charging stations for them, but you really need to talk to Husqvarna about the installation. Personally I would set up one machine in two different areas.
The price I paid roughly as above, but what price can you put on you and your families health? No pollution emissions, no dust, no grass cutting fumes and minimal maintenance.
K, I hope I have answered your questions, have a nice day.

APasked

How does it handle things like mowing the nature strip, or places where the front and back yard are separated by a fence? Can you put it in these places for ad-hoc mowing?

AP,
The mowing areas are defined by a boundary wire, which emits a signal that the mower knows which side of the wire it is on. It depends on how wide a strip is. We have a narrow neck in our front lawn that it doesn't navigate too well. In our back yard we have a 1.5 m wide pathway that it seems to handle OK. We have a narrow strip up either side of our property which I mow with a petrol mower every couple of months. I have three separate mowing areas enclosed by the one boundary wire, in total there is around 800 m of wire on/in the ground. In the front yard I buried it under ground about 100-150 mm to protect it from vandalism and I buried it 150 mm + around our compost heap and fire heap, so I could rake and burn brush without damaging the wire. You can adjust the boundary wire any time you need to.
I hope that answers your question. Have a nice day.

AP

Thank you for your answer. Based on this I don't think it would be suitable for my situation.

Colin52

Colin52asked

Where is a web site to look and get more info on these please?
And what model is the solar one? That sounds interesting.

Not happy

Hhhmmm? I couldn't really find an Australian website for this, but this site is one I found :- http://www.energymatters.com.au/renewable-news/em270/ and this website is an American one :- http://www.robotshop.com/eu/en/husqvarna-automower-solar-hybrid-robot-lawn-mower.html Pretty sure if you go to any local Husqvarna dealer, they can get one in for you. :) I hope that helps.
Have a nice day.

HuskyGuy
HuskyGuy

www.mcdpower.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives

Husqvarna Automower 230ACX

Husqvarna Automower 310

Husqvarna Automower 450X

Husqvarna Automower 450X

No reviews
CategoryRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn MowersRobot Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $3,999$4,999$2,999$3,299$1,999$4,499$3,499$1,999$3,999$2,999$2,499$4,999
Cutting Width220 mm220 mm220 mm220 mm170 mm240 mm240 mm170 mm220 mm240 mm220 mm220 mm240 mm
Height of Cut20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 50 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm20 mm to 60 mm29 mm to 60 mm
Number of Blades3333333333333
Noise Level60 dB61 dB60 dB60 dB60 dB60 dB60 dB60 dB
Charging Time1 hours1 hours1 hours1 hours1 hours1 hours1 hours
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateNov 2009Nov 2009Nov 2009Nov 2009Nov 2009Nov 2009