Best Robot Lawn Mowers
Would you like a freshly mowed garden, minus the forehead sweat and half your Sunday gone? A robot lawn mower may be the solution if you want to save precious time and labour on maintaining your lawns.
Is your garden suitable for a robot lawn mower?
At this stage robot lawn mowers aren't as adaptable as push and ride-on mowers. Consider whether your garden is large or more difficult to naviagte. Do you have uneven terrain? Are there bushes, or other obstructions such as garden beds? Do you have inclines? If you answered yes to any of these questions, getting a robot mower will involve doing more groundwork - like installing boundary wires or selecting a model with reliable traction.
Is it easy to control?
Since you're not going to be physically there to steer this mower, the control system should be easy to operate. Look out for a clear display, and straightforward settings for you to program timers and cutting length. Some robot lawn mowers come with a smartphone app that helps you keep track of how its progress through your backyard and there are a range of sensors that can make a robot mower perform better.
What's the noise level of the mower?
If you want to set and forget your robot mower and focus on other tasks, it shouldn't be too loud, as this will defeat the purpose.
What sort of safety features does it offer?
This is especially important if you've got pets and young children. Many robot lawn mowers have a cutting disc with retractable blades which makes it less likely for a hand, foot or paw to become trapped underneath the mower.
Other robot lawn mower features to consider:
- Cutting diameter: Robot lawn mowers come with blades in varying cutting diameters. As a rule of thumb, larger cutting diameters are better for bigger lawns, while smaller cutting diameters are better for jobs requiring precision.
- Wheels: Robot lawn mower models have different types of wheels. Some are built to handle slopes and uneven terrains while others are better on a flat track, so consider what's best for your garden type.
- Perimeter wire: Not only does this wire prevent your lawn mower from running straight through your garden bed, but in some models it also provides charge for the mower. Perimeter wires can be placed around the garden bed or hidden underneath the surface of your garden.
To discover more about these convenient backyard buddies, simply scroll down to read robot lawn mower reviews today.
Price (RRP) $1,999.00 to $4,999.00
- Build Quality3.7 (7)
- Value for Money3.4 (7)
- Ease of Use3.9 (7)
- Cleaning & Maintenance 4.3 (7)
- Battery Life3.8 (6)
- Number of Blades3
- Charging Time1 hours
- Build Quality5.0 (1)
- Value for Money5.0 (1)
- Ease of Use5.0 (1)
- Cleaning & Maintenance 5.0 (1)
- Engine TypesLithium-Ion Battery
- FeaturesMobile App
- Catcher Type None
- Number of Blades4
Latest review: The S10 Moebot saves me so much time. I schedule it, and then forget it. I’ve mowed the yard from 5.5cm down to 2.5cm. The yard looks great, I don’t have to worry about mowing on my day off, I just ha
Price (RRP) $950.00
- Build Quality5.0 (2)
- Value for Money5.0 (2)
- Ease of Use5.0 (2)
- Cleaning & Maintenance 5.0 (2)
- Battery Life5.0 (2)
Latest review: Don't buy Worx mowers! It’s the worst device I’ve ever bought. It broke down before the warranty period expired, and the company only procrastinated without intending to fix the problem. Their ser