Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009)

Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009)

See the Best Cruiser Bikes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Hyosung

3.8

Buy a Honda

I can't get this bike to stay running. It starts but as soon as you open the throttle it dies. I only have 85 miles on the bike which is practically new, this seems so bizarre! Save your pennies and buy a Honda or Yamaha, it's so unreliable. This is 1950 technology.

Can't get rid of it fast enough

I got my GV250 because it looked pretty and I was really excited to start riding, but I failed to do any real research about them first. I had electrical issues right out of the gate and have been stranded several times. NO GARAGE will even look at it for you, not even the DEALER. There is no reliable support for this bike in the states. I'm trying to sell mine for parts and I still can't get rid of it.

Other Cruiser Bikes

I Absolutely love it!!!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    Guestguest
    GuestguestAuckland

Gv250 great touring bike. and normal use.

Often we join groups for touring on NZ roads.
    Wife and I , on bike and hardly loosing power.
    last trip 500ks again bike gave all enjoyment and deliver power to keep up with most bigger Jap. bikes of 1000cc plus. Join www.meetup.com
    Great bike great choice big frame. Big petrol tank great for long distance.
    economical between 90 to 120 kph.
    over 140kph the bike use more fuel.
    I own 2007 model Gv250 great bike get plenty enjoyment. Good bike for beginners to own and build experience. Still get 100 Mph / CLOSE TO 160Ks on open roads .
    soon I'll upgrade to Gv650 we
    enjoy the reliability of Hyosung
    Do your own comparison. Then buy one get riding. 250 or 650 great bikes

Find out how Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009) compares to other Cruiser Bikes

Worst bike I have ever owed

Must be lucky -twice!

got as awreck

i picked up gv250 as non runner stripped down to fix, found broken wires, right switch not working, this turns out as design problem, the cable enters in rear of switch there is a gap that lets water in took apart cleaned up filled gap with silicon seems to have fixed that, note other comments re starting, check this out
    other design faults, the wiring from frame to dash cluster, was stretched, rerouted after fixing broken wires, hope this fixes this
    yet to ride, there is a noise top end front chamber , am doing home work to sort, checked cam and follower, these seems ok, not done a compression test any ideas?
    stilling
    wiring design

ken

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
    Clara V.15 Nov 2021
    smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
    How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
    Clara V.30 Nov 2021
    how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Top class Motorbike for Gv250 plenty power , speed achieved about 160 Km or 100 Miles P h.

Great value first bike

This is an ideal bike to learn with. The controls are simple and it handles quite well. It's pretty economical while still being a lot of fun. It's a pretty cheap bike but still looks cool. The one minor downer is finding neutral which can be really hard once the engine gets hot. I find it slightly easier to find neutral when I rev it a bit. If you need to ride through prolonged stop-start traffic I would suggest another bike with easier neutral. Also, if you are taller than 180cm I would try other bikes as the GV250 might be a bit of a squeeze. I've only ridden it 2000km so can't say much about reliability.
    Fun, economical, good looks
    Finding neutral difficult when engine hot

Brisbane Rider
    Brisbane Rider

Neutral is often impossible to find from 1st but is easily solved by putting it in 2nd and liightly tapping it down to locate neutral. Works 100% then!

Not to mention you shouldn't be in neutral in traffic anyway

Find out how Hyosung GV250 Aquila (2003-2009) compares to other Cruiser Bikes

After only having my gv250 for 3 days my 2008 model that i purchased with only 1500klms on the clock which now reads 2079 klm,s . I just feel great on the bike, I have terminal cancer and I am 43 and it was on my bucket list , So God will have to ait a bit longer , because while I ride her i have no pain at all and a smile when i see her in the morning. I do not feel intimidated on the highway and people allways ask if she is a 650 or 800 . and The guys at Nowra Motorcycles were brilliant. Only parted $4190 for her "WHAT A BARGIN" . Thanks Heaps. Live to ride ride to live HYOSUNG
    Love the feel. Love the Look , Fuel economy and the satisfaction after a ride
    Ahhhhhh hmmmmm nope love her

Morgan25
    Morgan25

May you ride her into heaven.

Shady067
    Shady067

I would love to see one more comment from you.

Hyosung2904
    Hyosung2904

I will think of you when I ride mine :-)

Samitch 2009Central Coast

What a suprise theis little beast turned out to be.

Jeremy1515
    Jeremy1515

Hi,
    Mine sits on 110 kmph on freeway no problem, I travel 60Ks each way on freeway & dont find it a problem. Not sure of width. but would think it is no bigger than the averace dirtbike.
    Cheers

Good

At age 50 decided to get bike licence, after a lot of research chose this bike for it's looks (didn't look like a 250cc bike), price and engine specs. So happy I did, only problem is I don't get to ride it as much as I would like. Fuel economy is good, around 300klm to tank, mainly around town riding. On the open road runs nice at around 110 to 120 kmh and doesn't affect the fuel consumption greatly. Have added a genuine sissy bar and also fitted a rear rack off a Harley V Rod using a little bit of creative engineering (genuine Hyosung one is ugly). Has been a very reliable bike
    Great on fuel, very easy to ride, looks like a larger bike. Excellent learners bike
    Hard to find neutral.rear brake a bit spongy

Supa_AdvisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a Surprise

cruiser_25
    cruiser_25

Hello Supa_Advisa, do you still have your Aquila? Could you please share the the website link with the online Korean Hyosung retailer?

Hi
    Yep, still got the bike as its great around the city. The Korean online supplier is;
    I've never had a problem and orders arrive quickly. What more can I say.

DCGULL

Another great online supplier is http://wwww.richardhyosunggvgt.com/ great pricing, fast delivery & bundles shipping all the time! Highly recommended.

OK

I think the 1st reviewer "Unknown" is a little misinformed. The Hyosung brand is backed by Peter Stevens Motorcycles as the importer and sold through a dealer network all around Australia. As such it has the same spares and backup as other brands. In fact probably better than some brands.
    I'd steer well clear of any bike shop that says they can't service it because of parts needed. What, they can't get an oil filter!!!! or they can't be bothered because it's not the brand they sell.
    Great looking and performing bike at a good price.
    Not the build quality of Japan.

Jonathan B L.
    Jonathan B L.asked

I just bought a hyosung gv250 and the stater is bad would a Honda part go on it?

Drml
    Drmlasked

My motorcycle is a 2008 hysoung gv 250 It starts up fine you can ride for days than there’s days it’s starts up and you cannot go a half mile it turns off would could be the problem? It only runs a few seconds than it’s hell starting back up.

S Dash
    S Dash

I had an intermittent problem with the kickstand switch which did that on one of mine. Had a hell of a time tracking it down. Because it would happen so randomly. Start with cking your ignition system from batt to key switch etc. there are several interlock switches in the system that if they are malfunctioning can shut you down. If you don’t already have one download the repair manual it has a wiring diagram that will help. Hope this helps

Fto
    Ftoasked

I will like to replace the stator and f/f of a gv250 2005 and 2009 model with similar but not authentic hyosung parts as is seems that is the primary issue of the model.What is my options?

DCGULL

It's been a few years since I did mine (x2), so, please visit www.alternativecruisers.com to find the proper stator. I think a stator from a 1995-1999 Kawasaki EX250 will 'fit' & last forever, but,- they are slightly thinner than stock. I think you mean R/R (Regulator/Rectifier) instead of f/f, and, I recommend www.roadstercycles.com for a replacement. Expensive, but, it'll last forever. They are solid state (MOFSET) and can be purchased in various levels of pre-assembly. Jack (owner) supports whatever he sells, so, he will help you with any questions after the sale as well. Sorry about my lack of memory, but- ACD is a great site with tons of very helpful members discussing the GV250. Remember, on all forums, use the "Search" function before posting a question- it will save you a ton of time and extra effort.

ken

hyosung has been making Suzuki and Honda engines,under licence for 10 years, so parts should be interchangeable,,
    need to find correct model , hope this helps

Get an answer from our members and Hyosung representatives

CategoryCruiser Bikes and Learner Approved Bikes