Hyundai i40 VF

Hyundai i40 VF

See the Best Wagons in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sharron

SharronSouthern and Hills, SA

Enjoying our Hyundai i40

My husband and I purchased our i40 just 4 weeks ago and we are really enjoying it, the fuel economy is fantastic, we still haven't topped up since we purchased it. Love the interior, runs quietly and we were surprised at how quickly we picked up speed with the foot down, we were expecting a little lag. The only thing I would slightly complain about is the passenger head rest isn't as comfortable as I would like. This vehicle is so spacious, no complaints here and the boot, great size for all my shopping and Bunnings trips.

Purchased in March 2019 for $13,500.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Disappointed

The Hyundai i40 wagon. The good, looks stylish inside and out,fuel economy good,performance good. The bad, rear seat is very difficult to use,awkward to get out,lady's with a skirt will find it difficult to preserve modesty.automatic transmission does not like 50k/h speed limits.In economy mode the transmission keeps changing up and down,very annoying,in sport mode the transmission holds a lower gear but revs high.In summary a very stylish car, more at home on roads of 60k/h or higher.As long as only children use the rear seat, it would be fine for a family car.Good road manners and very easy to drive.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Steve

Steve

Hyundai has come a long way since my Hyundai Excel days

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Woody

WoodySydney, NSW

Great family Wagon but issues start coming up

Engine Size1.7

Engine Size1.7
Date PurchasedMay 2017

Patrick37

Patrick37Melbourne

Amazing Car and Fantastic to Drive.

The i40 is so beautiful to drive and also has all the bells whistles you could imagine, sun roof, assist parking, etc. It has plenty of room, with great leg room in the rear. Boot space is excellent. Very well appointed, leathers seats and seat warmers, stereo was OK, paddle shift on steering wheel. Good boot space and normal spare wheel. Auto sensor lights and wipers were good. Fuel economy was a bit poor around town but on the highway was excellent.

BadgeElite
Date PurchasedSep 2015

Rod

RodNewlands Arm

New 2016

Date PurchasedAug 2016

caddersalbury

Finally own the perfect car!

John P

John PPerth

Bang for your Bucks!

Just bought a 2013 i40 and what a car!Needed a run about for the minister of finances(wife) and our 2 kids, and this ticks all the boxes!
Drove an Elentra and found it lacked power and felt very tinny!
But jumped in this beast and has a really solid feel to it and the design internal and external in amazing!
Huge boot and plenty of leg space for passengers with seperate aircon in back......a must for WA summers!
Plenty of power on the open road and the car feels alot bigger than what it really is!
Love the front led lights that give it a very European look and with 2 years left still on the warranty why buy anything else!
Well done Hyundai for raising the bar!This won't be my last Hyundai!
One very happy customer!

WedgieSydney, NSW

Drives very well, but annoying faults.

Engine Size1.7 litres.

6d2

6d2AU

2016 Premium option sedan or don't.

Engine Size1.7 CRDI

zilal

zilalmaroc

the fast car

Magpie

MagpieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A good looker, so refined,but doesn't know what's going on in my mind.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Engine Size1.7l
Bindi

BindiPort Macquarie

Fantastic to Drive,

Built Jan. 2015, I traded my 2012 mod. ix35 diesel which only had 18,000 on the clock. Reason for swapping too rough a ride, definitely no other problems. The i40 is so beautiful to drive and also has all the bells whistles you could imagine, sun roof, assist parking, etc, etc,I have not had my 1500 first service yet, but I know how Hyundai looked after me previously. It's a shame they have stopped making the i40 because it certainly has sleeker lines than it's replacement the Sonata.

Engine SizeThis is a 2L self aspirated

PeterMelbourne

Awesome car!!

Simple for me it is a fantastic package for family car, got everything you need and brilliant fuel efficiency. I use this vehicle for a business private driver and most of my clients give me 5 stars because this what they needs a good riders, I have done 30k and due service coming expect a new pad disc replaced. When I purchased the car dealer gave me a per free services for 1 years!! I had toyota and Honda sedan for many years before this but yet i40 is the best car

Engine Size1.7 Diesel
Peter

Updating: I have done 104,000 km. No problem with everything. I am thinking buy another Hyundai

Peter

I have done 126k km so far. Once again no problem with car.

Ian, Qld

Ian, QldBrisbane

Great car, excellent used car choice

We bought a 2011 i40 Premium diesel wagon, 3 years old with 37,000 Km for $24,500. The remaining 2 years of warranty brings piece of mind. For the money we got climate air, HID headlights, electric leather heated/cooled front seats, rear view camera and great diesel economy.

Engine Size1.7 L
BodySedan

Great drive and amazing economy

LotteBum

Good car but epic fail on fuel economy

TransmissionManual
BodyWagon

Assume you got a petrol not a diesel ? What tyre pressure do you run, lifting to about 38 - 40 psi will improve economy out of site.

GregWasked

2017 VF Wagon, 2 liter engine, has a very noticeable groan in the front end, especially whilst steering or mild acceleration. Dealer had car for 3 days & achieved nothing. Local mechanic suspects sub frame mounts worn. 25k's on car, steering wheel leather is cracking & peeling.

GregW

Just an update, a good day of rain, lots of puddles on the road, no more suspension groans & moans. Look out DVG I am coming after you again.Grr.

Stickman

Stickmanasked

Is the 2L petrol engine powerful enough for family life?
Realistically we don't do 4 + luggage road trips very often, and don't tow trailers very often either. How do you find the power of the 2 litre petrol engine for everyday driving?
I've previously owned a 1999 Volvo V70 wagon with 2.5L 5 cylinder engine and that was *adequate* at best, but I'm aware that modern 4 cylinder engines are much smoother and powerful than engines from the 90s/noughties.

Wayne

The engine is suitable for everday life.Handles city and country driving with ease. Quite quick off the mark at stop lights if that's your thing.

GregW

I agree with the above, very surprising performance, engine revs to red line very willingly. Engage "sport" mode on transmission,very quick indeed.

Will

Willasked

What do you do when your car key battery is flat. Can I change myself or do I need to come into a Service Centre?

cadders

Should be able to change it yourself, if not take it to where you bought it. If it's not a Hyundai dealer just go into one because they would know the most about them ✌

SixthSense
SixthSense

Just did it myself a couple of says ago. There are a number of youtube videos on it. But is really straight forward. I was quoted $60 by the dealer where I bought my car. $10 to do it myself. The codes didn't reset (I don't think do unless you leave it without battery for a long period of time).

Hope that helps.

Get an answer from our members and Hyundai representatives

CategoryWagons and Sedans
Starting Price $33,960
TransmissionDual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel
Max Power104kW @ 4000rpm
Max Torque340Nm @ 1750-2500rpm
Country of ManufactureSouth Korea
Safety Features
  • ABS (Antilock Braking System)
  • Active Cruise Control
  • Active Head Restraints
  • ESC (Electronic Stability Control)
  • Lane Assist