Ikea MALM Bed Frames

Ikea MALM Bed Frames

See the Best Beds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

W B.

W B.Sydney, NSW

Gas lift bed frame

Communivation was ok via email. Until I received a bed frame with wrong bar and then no answer over almost a week. Things scattered on floor, causing me stress of messy bedroom and loss of money. Never order online

Purchased in November 2019 at Tommy Swiss for $375.00.

Felix

FelixWestern Australia, 6155

Unable to assemble due to wrong items packaged within

I had the packaging home delivered and found that the screws provided to assemble the support under the wooden bed slats are of the wrong size. It all came from the packaging within which is a disappointment. I tried to ring IKEA twice to only have my phone cut off after being on hold for 20 minutes and another for 15 minutes. I would appreciate if IKEA could get back to me to resolve the issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Time waster and lowest quality material

The Drawers dont fit under King bed and a joint whole broke after assembled the 4th time ( moved a lot lately)Extremely cheep material, accessories like drawers, side tables dont always fit to all Malm bed!

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Debi SlingerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceeded expectations

My daughter and I put this bed together on our own and she just loved it. Doesn’t freak. Good firmness / softness. Storage underneath better. Fits nicely in her room. Solid frame.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ash

Ash

Solid and Cheap

Was one of the easiest thing to build Ive ever found from ikea. the wood is really light but really strong. Typical IKEA quality which was impressive. Will withstand quite the bedroom shenanigans.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Wan Lee

Wan Leeperth

Easy to assemble and affordable

I have bought two of these from Ikea and very happy with them. The price is not that expensive and easy to be assembled. I assemble both bed frame by myself and the instruction is easy to be followed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Zak.

Zak.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good but quirky dimensions

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Chan

ChanAdelaide

Stylish and steady.

I have been sleeping on this bed frame for approximately 2 years now. My favourite part of the bed frame is they allow 4 drawers to be under the bed which is an optional purchase. It's very convenient as I use it to store my clothes and shoes. The bed is also very steady and strong, it does not make noises when you lay on it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Frances

FrancesLondon

The worst bed I have ever bought

I bought Malm double. Difficult to assemble, supplied with 2 single Luroy wooden bed slats that balance side by side on the central bed frame support so fall out with the slightest movement. Drawers don't fit properly. I am accustomed to Ikea furniture assembly and have dismantled and reassembled the bed and drawers again with no improvement. My worse Ikea purchase ever!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Kt0000

Kt0000

Decent cheap bed

The bed frame is difficult to assemble without a drill. The supporting beams are difficult to screw in, and the bed frame is very squeaky. The corners of the bed is also quite painful to walk into!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Bad idea to discontinue low profile

IKEA changed the whole design of the MALM low profile bed frame making it not a low profile bed.
Very disappointing when one wants another low profile bed. The high bed frame does not offer the effect of a low profile which was original MALM bed.
If you are buying a MALM, make sure you know the design changed.

Date PurchasedJun 2009

vubby

vubby

Simple but not the best quality

These bed frames are not made from the best wood but are sturdy nevertheless. Would not suggest buying it at full price, but they are more worth it if you catch it on sale. They also come with optional drawers.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Drawers don't fit!

Be wary, we ordered the king malm bed and the drawers didn't fit. When we returned the bed, we were informed that there is an old version that has been out for years and those drawers are slightly to big. Make sure you get the latest version king bed drawers!!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Codes

CodesDubbo

Bed

Fabulous I am happy with my bed that I have got from you’s and it that strong and the money I spent it worth it and my bed side tables are fabulous as well

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Ivo

Ivo

Good looking frame, squeaky with every little move

I bought the king size bed frame as I was attracted by the design and storage drawers. I thought it looked sturdy, however with every little movement it makes a squeaking noise. I've taken the mattress down and re-tighten all the screws. It still squeaks whenever I'm on it. I regret getting it as I'm always cautious and try to make minimal movement in fear of the slat/frame breaking.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Do NOT buy this bed!!!!

From the day I purchased the King Sized Malm platform bed, the slats do NOT stay put. I have even gone so far as to have two pieces of particle board cut to rest under the mattress and the slats STILL fell out. I have replaced the rails, I have taken the bed apart and put it back together man times, I've used longer screws....I hate this bed and can't wait to get another one!

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Glenn

Glenn

Good for the price

It's just a bed frame. Nothing special.
Aside from the simple looks, it's utterly practical and of decent quality. I purchased it second hand for next to nothing and have had no issues with it over the last 2 years. There's no squeaks and it's feels stable and solid.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

Never a quiet moment.

This is hands down the worst bed I have ever used. So much so that when we move, we will probably have to pay someone to take it. Every little move you make makes the entire bed squeak so loud it will wake your neighbors up. It is constantly making noise. Even if you're able to fall asleep, good luck staying asleep if you breathe too much.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

The bed slats fall at the slightest weight. Terrible bed.

This bed is new to me and as a student I bore the cost in mind considerably. The bed design is nice but the slats are unreliable. I am constantly having to lift up the mattress and fix the slats underneath as they become crooked and the whole mattress slants. Awful design.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Storage problem

Hi my names megan and I have bought the 200cm (king) malm bed and drawers for underneath storage but the drawers do not fit properly?? what should I do, i dont want to take the drawers back so i have to make up news again

Date PurchasedJul 2016