IKEA MALM Bed Frames

IKEA MALM Bed Frames

See the Best Beds in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for IKEA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Ease of Assembly
Sleepless
SleeplessSydney, NSW

Squeaky squeaky squeaky!!!!

This bed was not easy to assemble because the way the side boards connect to the headboard and footboard are odd round things that you have to get just right (took me about an hour to make them fit correctly.

The very first time I got on the bed it made a lot of creaking noise. I've tightened the screws up and now it will make noise from the smallest movement.
Aside from waking you when you turn over in your sleep it's just to loud for people to ...."make whoopie" without the whole house hearing the bed. I think the noise is from the small slats that hold the matress up and from the odd bolt connections from foot/headboards to side boards.
DONT BUY THIS BED!

Purchased in September 2020 at IKEA for $180.00.

Melinda
MelindaVictoria

Non-stop creaking

This bed was difficult to set up - took way too long, and only had one week with no creaking but ever since it has creaked. Disassembled-reassembled to try and fix but didn’t. Had this bed for 4 months now and is still bad

Purchased in July 2020 at IKEA VIC, Richmond.

cheng15
cheng15South East Queensland, QLD

Cheap squeaky bed

Quite easy to assemble, but has been squeaking since first week of sleeping, has to tighten the screws once a week to reduce squeaks for a good sleep, terrible and would not recommend.

Purchased in March 2020 at IKEA QLD, Logan for $249.00.

jaredbrownliehodges
jaredbrownliehodgesSydney, NSW

Squeaking non-stop

Assembly wasn't bad but have tired everything to fix this god damn squeaking. Would return it if I could find my receipt and be done with terrible cheap IKEA products ..

Purchased in February 2020 at IKEA NSW, Tempe for $240.00.

Malm assembly difficult

Parts of the assembly were difficult or impossible (the silly metal criss-cross bars had the wrong screw sizes). The slats had to be individually inserted and there was little info in the instructions how to do it. Figure a ten hour job. Wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in December 2019 at IKEA for $325.00.

W B.
W B.Sydney, NSW

Gas lift bed frame

Communivation was ok via email. Until I received a bed frame with wrong bar and then no answer over almost a week. Things scattered on floor, causing me stress of messy bedroom and loss of money. Never order online

Purchased in November 2019 at Tommy Swiss for $375.00.

Felix
FelixWestern Australia, 6155

Unable to assemble due to wrong items packaged within

I had the packaging home delivered and found that the screws provided to assemble the support under the wooden bed slats are of the wrong size. It all came from the packaging within which is a disappointment. I tried to ring IKEA twice to only have my phone cut off after being on hold for 20 minutes and another for 15 minutes. I would appreciate if IKEA could get back to me to resolve the issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Time waster and lowest quality material

The Drawers dont fit under King bed and a joint whole broke after assembled the 4th time ( moved a lot lately)Extremely cheep material, accessories like drawers, side tables dont always fit to all Malm bed!

Date PurchasedJuly 2013

Debi Slinger
Debi SlingerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Exceeded expectations

My daughter and I put this bed together on our own and she just loved it. Doesn’t freak. Good firmness / softness. Storage underneath better. Fits nicely in her room. Solid frame.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ash
AshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Solid and Cheap

Was one of the easiest thing to build Ive ever found from ikea. the wood is really light but really strong. Typical IKEA quality which was impressive. Will withstand quite the bedroom shenanigans.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Wan Lee
Wan Leeperth

Easy to assemble and affordable

I have bought two of these from Ikea and very happy with them. The price is not that expensive and easy to be assembled. I assemble both bed frame by myself and the instruction is easy to be followed.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Zak.
Zak.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good but quirky dimensions

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Chan
ChanAdelaide

Stylish and steady.

I have been sleeping on this bed frame for approximately 2 years now. My favourite part of the bed frame is they allow 4 drawers to be under the bed which is an optional purchase. It's very convenient as I use it to store my clothes and shoes. The bed is also very steady and strong, it does not make noises when you lay on it.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Frances
FrancesLondon

The worst bed I have ever bought

I bought Malm double. Difficult to assemble, supplied with 2 single Luroy wooden bed slats that balance side by side on the central bed frame support so fall out with the slightest movement. Drawers don't fit properly. I am accustomed to Ikea furniture assembly and have dismantled and reassembled the bed and drawers again with no improvement. My worse Ikea purchase ever!!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Kt0000
Kt0000

Decent cheap bed

The bed frame is difficult to assemble without a drill. The supporting beams are difficult to screw in, and the bed frame is very squeaky. The corners of the bed is also quite painful to walk into!

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Read more reviews - page 2

sheila lehmann
sheila lehmannasked

can i just use the legs on my existing bed frame, there are 7 , 4 on corners and 3 in the middle?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Will they fit?

Keiko K.
Keiko K.asked

I want to purchase a twin MALM bed but need to know which side the drawers are on. Can it go on either? I need it on the right side (if i were laying down facing up). Thanks!

Isobel W.
Isobel W.

Hi, Im pretty sure they can go on either but you may want to call you local ikea to check! :)

Chetan C.
Chetan C.asked

Has anyone tried a MALM IKEA King Bed frame with a Koala King Mattress ? IKEA King Bed frames are 202*180 and a standard king mattress like that of Koala's is 203*183. I love the MALM bed frame wondering if the mattress will just fit in ?

Jaimee-Leigh F.
Jaimee-Leigh F.

I wanted to ask the exact same question! I’m not sure if a Australian standard mattress fits a ikea king as they are different :(

Moya D.
Moya D.

Did anyone ever test this out? @Chetan did you get the Koala mattress?

Chuanfu W.
Chuanfu W.

I have the same issue, want to get an answer

See all IKEA MALM Bed Frames questions