Ikea Tussoy

Ikea Tussoy

See the Best Mattress Toppers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Too hot

Its comfortable. But it gets very hot. I tried it in Autumn and put two wool protectors AND a wrinkle foam on top to try and ease the heat build up. Still way too hot.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Very comfy

I bought this from the 'as is' section in the hope that it would extend my mattresses life a couple months until I can afford to buy a new one.
It has definitely helped me sleep better - less tossing and turning and waking up with a sore back in the morning, though it has not completely fixed my sore back probably cos my old pillow top mattress has a sag in it so the mattress pad conforms to it.
I havent noticed sleeping hotter but it is a cold spring so far. I have noticed it is harder to turn over - you sort of get bogged so its easier to roll across the bed rather than turning on the spot.
I didnt have an issue with the smell - probably because it was already opened and aired - as it had been show room stock. Loved that it has an easy zip off cover so i could wash it before use.
I'm very happy with it so far, and intend to buy the firm hesseng mattress to go with it, as soon as i can afford to

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Suprisingly good!

I bought this pad instead of a mattress due to costs alone.
It was enough to turn my old sagging mattress into something that no longer hurt my back during the night.

Have tried ikea beds and they seem great, will be putting this pad onto a "HOVAG" firm mattress as they seemed like a great combo in store. I tried it on more expensive beds and it wasn't as good.

* doesn't smell nice at first, like paint I guess but it gets better quickly.

Best thing I've bought in a long time
Was $249 in QS

Does the Tussoy mattress retain heat or gets hot.As we are willing to buy it if it doesnt?
I don't think it does. It wasn't noticeable from my previous mattress. I've had mine awhile, could be a little firmer but I'd buy one againI thought it was a bit hot, but I used mine in spring/summer, and I am a hot sleeper. I only bought it to extend the life of my old mattress which worked, but I found it a bit too soft and squishy for me, so I stopped using it when I bought a new firm mattress (ikeas hesseng) combined with a woolen underlay which is awesome