2Illawarra Credit Union

Private Personal Reviews
Private Personal ReviewsCanberra Central 2601, ACT4 posts

Camilla
CamillaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Term Deposit: 'Illawarra CU' tops as the most incompetent Financial Institution I've encountered in over 50 years!

Couldn't even get the interest due on my term deposit correct and then it took me nearly three months to get my dues! Don't return calls; make promises they don't keep and worse of all, expect you to pay bank fees for mistakes they've made when they refund monies owing!
KJB
KJBIllawarra, NSW14 posts

client
clientMetropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

Deceptive thieves on my $100,000 term deposit

Had a $100,000 term deposit @ 4.3% only to find they withheld tax saying I didn't supply tax file no. Total lies. Am involved with afca to sort it out. They want $710 for me to break term and pressure U to do so. Do not invest with these scammers. Zero ethics or decency. The worst credit union. Care less about anyone. I believe they are in breach of the law and Stephanie is a total bully. Sooner or later they will be fined or imprisoned. Go elsewhere unless U want a nightmare. Call centre staff horrible. Nice to until they get your money. I will be pursuing them legally.
Andrew
AndrewSouth West, WA7 posts

Unknown charges

Opened an account to put in some money for a fixed term deposit. When I went to put in the deposit, the rate had changed alot lower.. Was charged $6 a month as account was zero. There is no way to cancel online. The website doesn't even have an email you can contact them at. I have to now waste my time trying to call as they are only open Mon to Fri at their call center. Stick to the big 4!
Joanne
JoanneIllawarra, NSW6 posts

Personal, friendly and helpful service

This credit union understands customer service. They have treated me with respect and gone above and beyond what is required to service my needs. They put the Big 4 (in my opinion) to shame

Kerrie
KerrieIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Outstanding customer service

I have just joined the ICU to take advantage of their term deposit rates. Having banked with NAB for 38 years i am very impressed with the service that ICU offer. The manager at the Corrimal branch along with Jaime and Melissa have all been great to deal with and keeping me up to date with my new account and term deposit. keep up the great work you are a delight to deal with.

dixxkywollongong19 posts

High fees

Not happy with the illawarra credit union. It has closed all branches except the main one and the ATM is in a shopping center so if thats closed we have to use different ATM which costs anything up to $3.00 .

We will be closeing this account as soon as i can get into there main office

bobby
bobby

credit card ddweekend

speed renewed credit card long weekend cant use it not valid icu staff not up to will be cancelling account

Happy Customer
Happy CustomerMelbourne

Service and an Unbeatable Home Loan rate ! ! !

I came across these guys by accident in a newspaper ad. I was not even shopping for a new home loan. What got me first was an awesome rate of 3.95% (around Oct 2014, even better now) but then I was blown away by the friendly and professional service from all the staff at Illawarra Credit Union. The communication is seamless to this day, email/phone... love them!!! I can go on and on but just call them and find out for yourself.