1,986 reviews
Josephine B.

Josephine B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great experience - life changing loan

I was paying close to 50% higher interest rate than the market rate. Given my previous credit history I wasn't left with much choice when entering the market 2.5years ago. I attempted to refinance but was knocked back by a few lenders as I still had a Part 9 on my credit file. Mortgage House really come through for me.
Amelia guided me through the process, showed understanding of my situation & simply easy to deal with.
I would happily recommend Mortgage House as I'm now saving close to $200 a week.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Josephine, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad we could assist you in refinancing your loan. We have passed this onto Amelia and the team. Cheers.

SimonW

SimonW

Great loan rate! Amelia was great to deal with. Moved from loans.com.au for the better rate.

When loans.com.au wouldn't offer us a good deal on our loan rate, we decided to look around and Mortgage House seemed to have one of the best fixed rates out there at the time.
Amelia was great to deal with and all questions were answered promptly.
The process of refinancing was faster than I expected and the cashback offer was deposited in the account a week after settlement.
The card tied to the offset account is an eftpos card, rather than a visa debit card, but that's not a big deal.
Overall, we found Amelia very helpful and found the process very straight forward.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Simon, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for sharing some positive feedback to send onto Amelia and the team. We have passed this onto them for you. Cheers.

Damien42

Damien42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Took a month and over $3000 refinancing costs initially

Took a very long time.
Lots of unexpected fees, such as house valuation when land value far exceed loan value.
Initial refinancing cost over $3000.
Did get $1500 back after lots of requests.
May not recover the cost of refinancing with the slightly lower rate and extra monthly fee.

Dan

DanHunter Region, NSW

Good company and reliable

Just want to give a big shout out to Quintin from mortgage house who helped me with my refinance.
I'm very pleased and happy that I saved quite a bit with his assistance.
Mortgage house is a reliable and trustworthy company, who you can turn to for a refinance.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Dan, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing us with some feedback to send onto Quintin and the team. Cheers.

Vic

Vic

Unprofessional and uncommunicative.

Very unprofessional, scheduling telephone appointments and then cancelling 20 minutes before or 30 minutes post. Would not recommend if you are looking for good communication or good customer service. Very disappointed.

gaurav g.

gaurav g.Sydney, NSW

Great Rates, Good Service - completely managed Online

I worked with Mitch Tierney from Mortgage House. It took me 6-9 months long to decide on my house and I was provided with Pre-approvals twice. All the validations were performed online to provide me all the approvals. The process is very detailed and a constant touch with Mitch ensured that I can validate things I don't know anytime.

I feel very satisfied of choosing MortgageHouse to provide me lowest possible fixed interest of 2.19% for 2 years without any annual package fee along with 100% offset account - a rare features with banks. I am delighted to be a customer of MortgageHouse (Bendigo and Adelaide Bank).

Looking forward for them to win more business and launch their mobile app as well.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Gaurav, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for sharing some positive feedback for Mitch and the team. We have passed this onto them for you. Cheers.

PhilipPerth, WA

Stay Away

Loan Start DateOctober 2018
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Philip, we apologise for the service you have received on this occasion. Can you please provide us with your Tracking Number (T/N) and we’ll pass this onto a team leader? Cheers.

Terrible experience

They have terrible customer services. They are pretty good in getting you onboard, but after that expect to have the service fee and rates increased (without any reason). Another hidden cost is the legal fees (~400) charged by them to prepare mortgage documents (the same charged in discharge), while many bank do not charge that; take this into account when comparing their rate.

Loan used forHome Construction
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Mah, we apologise for the service you have received on this occasion. Can you please provide us with your Tracking Number (T/N) and we’ll pass this onto a team leader? Cheers.

Mortgage House - Excellent Service

After a number of years putting off refinancing finally decided to test the market. Settled on a very good rate with Mortgage House. Allan Wong guided us through the process from start to finish and was excellent. He was able to answer all our questions and more importantly kept us informed of what was required when and how things were progressing. My only regret is that I didnt talk to Allan five years ago.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Matt, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing some positive feedback to send onto Allan and the team. Cheers.

Christian Meyer

Christian MeyerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy with service

Warren organised a fixed rate loan at much better rate than I was able to find. Experience was very professional and easy on our part. Very satisfied with Mortgage House.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Loan used forSecond Home
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Christian, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have passed this onto the team for you. Cheers.

Katie Teh

Katie TehSydney, NSW

Best customer service

I was been looked after by Quintin with my refinance and I am very happy.
He is able to help me to get the rate I want and has excellent customer service skills.
I'd like to go back to him in future with other financial services.
Highly recommended.

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Katie, thank you for sharing your experience with us and your recommendation. We have passed your positive feedback onto Quintin and the team. Cheers.

Mortgage House

I would like to thank Warren Stafford and the team at Mortgage House for a professional transaction of the refinancing of our home loan.
Could not be happier with our new interest rate which will save us big $$$$
Mortgage house has a large variety of loans to suit your needs

In the near future we will definitely be using Warren to secure our loan for an investment property.

We have been with Mortgage house now since 2002
Thankyou Mortgage House

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi there, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing us with some feedback to send onto Warren and the team. Cheers.

Horrible Experience

Loan used forFirst Home

Barely lifted a finger with Allan’s help!

Mortgage House helped us so much with purchasing our first home. Allan Wong did everything for us and worked so hard to get our settlement done on time. Can’t thank them enough!

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Brittanee, congratulations on your first home. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for sharing some feedback with us to pass onto Allan and the team. Cheers.

Ina Mills

Ina MillsSydney, NSW

The ONLY lender who was willing to help

We are a young family who has unusual circumstances due to our little boy having a brain injury and income from his compensation trust. We were wanting to buy an investment unit to secure his future. After 6 months of tying to find a lender willing to accept our type of income I finally found mortgage House, they went above and beyond the call of duty to help us and never gave up in what was a very challenging application. We cannot thank you enough, from our hearts and most of all from our Roki boy, we thank you for having a heart and making it work. You guys are nothing short of LEGENDARY!

Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Ina, thank you for sharing your special story with us and we're so happy we could assist at this time. We have passed your feedback onto the team. Cheers.

Beau

BeauSydney, NSW

Transparent and clear communication

Mitch and the entire team at Mortgage House provided clear and concise advice to us throughout the whole process. He has been a pleasure to deal with and always promptly responds to any questions or concerns. Mitch and the Mortgage House team come highly recommended.

Loan used forSecond Home
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Beau, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing Mitch and the team with some positive feedback. Cheers.

Manpreet

ManpreetSydney, NSW

Do not walk, run away from this crowd

Loan Start DateAugust 2019
Elise

EliseSydney, NSW

Construction Loan experience with Mortgage House

Loan used forHome Construction
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Elise, thank you for sharing your experience with us as you built your home. We have sent your positive feedback onto Emily and the team. Cheers.

Ravi

Ravi

A pleasant /without any issue experience

Mitch was extremely professional, with great knowledge of product and very easy to deal with.
He has excellent manner and thorough in his work.
No hidden cost and explained well in advance about all related costs. Interest rates provided are excellent and very hard to find with any other provider.
Will not hesitate slightly in future to deal again and will recommend in my circle.

Loan used forRenovation
Mortgage H.Mortgage House

Hi Ravi, thank you for sharing your experience with us and for providing us with some feedback to send onto Mitch. Cheers.

Palwinder Gill

Palwinder GillGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst and unprofessional at every stage

One advise avoid them. I have my refinance finalized with other lender but Mortgage house is not booking the settlement. Instead of booking settlement they booked meeting to win the business back. They just want to keep you locked in. They have no idea about customer service and I have been told now I am going out to other lender, they can be arrogant. One person tells 21 days as processing time for discharge, next day different persons tells 18 days. I have never seen such unethical behavior to stop the customer to switch from them.
I was approached by news journalist as they are investigating the way Mortgage house is operating and I was reluctant to give my experience but may be it will help others in future.