OnePath Life Insurance

OnePath Life Insurance

See the Best Life Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Painful year in year out

I've had OnePath Life Ins for 10 years. Not one year has gone past that administrative process wasn't painful. You would think that some effort would go into customer service. The Life Ins industry needs complete disruption and some introduction of portability. It is so hard to transfer to a new insurer that life insurers recognise that no existing customer care is required. Federal government needs to reform whole personal injury insurance industry (life insurance, health insurance, compulsory third party, workers comp, accident & health). I come away feeling dirty & angry every time I go through the renewal process but haven't found an option worth changing to.

Dont trust

Dont trustSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont trust them be warned

Claim MadeNo

Trying to reduce steep premium increase - near impossible

At renewal -tried to reduce exorbitantly steep premium increase due over 50 — told can not action until they send email with changes and you have to sign and return-
Strange they never send email despite numerous repeat calls over weeks -
Strange - your excessive premium increase remains in place -
Strange Company keeps getting a lot of money you instruct them to change .
Thought - Talk to complaints ... Strange -can’t do that either
Assumption ? many forget then at next renewal /// repeat / repeat ..
Result here - go to other insurance company & cancel Onepath

Very poor customer service

Hector

HectorBandiana

Poor value for money

I have just cancelled my policy after 7 years. I pay $1,080 pa for a life cover of $15,000. This is terrible as i have another policy that I pay under $6,000pa and am covered for over $600,000.
I was under the impression rightly or wrongly that it was an investment type of policy including life insurance and that at the end of the 15 years that a $15,000 payout is issued.
This was obviously my mistake but it made sense due to the high premiums.
I would look around for much better policies and value for money.

Jason

JasonBrisbane

Unresponsive, can't answer simple question, won't cancel policy

I'm a current policy holder and have tried on multiple occasions to get a quote to reduce the level of coverage - I've had no success/response from either the call centre or via email. Gave up and decided it would be easier to cancel the policy and take out a new policy with another insurer (which I was easily able to get a quote from online) but now I can't get the policy cancelled despite repeated contacts. I'm now logging a complaint daily. Next step is their 'customer advocate' process and then the insurance ombudsman. If they can't address the simple stuff I only shudder to think how bad they must be to deal with during a claim.

hardy192

hardy192NEWCASTLE

A total and utter disgrace

Staff that don't speak or understand a word of english. They won't think twice about cancelling your policy, changing your policy details without notice, taking payment without authorisation and the list goes on. Trying to deal with staff that don't speak or understand english makes it impossible. Avoid One Path at ALL COSTS. Thankfully never tried to make a claim just dealing with them for weeks on end about their processes was stressful enough.

FairReview

FairReviewBrisbane

Ok until you try to cancel a policy

Was with this company for almost 20 years and then tried to cancel my policy. They didn't cancel the credit card payment as requested. Over 2 months later they still haven't refunded the extra unauthorised payment. Not the way I was expecting to be treated after being a client for so long.

Insurance claim madeYes

Isabella

Isabella

Great, Comprehensive Cover

This is a great life insurance product. I went through an advisory service and had to complete quite an extensive amount of health questions, which I think is great. It did take a couple of weeks to do, as they ask for your complete medical records from your GP to ensure that you're answering everything correctly, unlike other life insurance providers who babble over the phone and ask questions most people have no idea about. OnePath gives you the option of a fixed premium, which I opted for. Overall, a very good product with excellent features and customer service post-sale. Have not made a claim yet (knocks on wood)...

Good

I can recommend ING but definitely steer clear of MLC. ING were helpful professional and paid on time, happy with ING.
I made a claim and the staff were helpful. Paid on time, with no hassles.
I have an MLC top up policy also, MLC denied my claim and tried to avoid my policy from inception. I went to the FOS and won, definitely recommend ING but steer clear of MLC Life. Sorry to add MLC comments here but there is no link for them, supposedly MLC Australias number 1 Life insurer.
ING are an insurer. So other than that none really.

Jono_69

Sure thing, please leave me your email address and I'll try and help you out.