10P, 4P, 6P, 8P

• Portability
little t sunshine

little t sunshine

Makes camping a joy

I love this tent and it makes going camping a breeze as it is so easy to put up and packup. It is important to peg the tent down and use the guy ropes supplied for maximum stability in the wind but the last time we went camping our tent stayed up in strong winds when others were destroyed. We are regular campers and have a number of different tents as we like hiking and sometimes go with more people so need a bigger tent but this is one of our favourites.

Purchased at Tentworld.

Kevin L.

Kevin L.South East Queensland, QLD

Best in class - survived Fraser 2021

We wanted a quality fast- setup tent. We had tried other manufactures who have their tents made in China and was thoroughly disappointed. Bought this Coleman gold 10 person tent, tried it it a few times before our 9 day trip to Fraser for Easter 2021. Have to say, it survived some of the worst weather and kept us dry. We used one room for our queen size bed and other for table, fridges with supplies etc. After months of research, the Coleman’s is just a whole lot better than than the competition and it’s not made in China. I should mention that I put the tent under a 4.5 x 3 m OZ trail gazebo which has the extra height to handle the tent.

Purchased in December 2020 at Down Under Camping for $650.00.

Peter

PeterBrisbane

End of Life Review

5 Years of regular use, monthly for week-ends and extended 2-3 week trips each year our Coleman Instant Up 10 person Gold tent is DEAD.
I would not recommend this tent on the following grounds:-
1) The "Instant Up" system is prone to failure of the components - I have replaced whole poles due to a small spring failure.
2) It is has a poor design for heavy rain conditions - you cannot leave the awning up during ANY rain as it collects and does not run off with a resultant failure of the tent awning.
We have just returned from a 2 week camping trip -cut short due to the tent catastrophic failure - happy to reach out to Coleman to offer solutions.

Purchased at Tentworld for $700.00.

tvsharsha

tvsharshaVictoria

Not the one for a family of 4..

Purchased in January 2021 at Tentworld Physical store for $549.00.

Great Tent

Just came back from another camping trip. This tent has great ventilation for summer and the ability to close everything for winter. It withstood massive winds, you just need to make sure you set it up properly and peg everything in. I have previously used in torrential rain and it didn’t leak a drop. The only thing I dislike is the weight.

Purchased in July 2018.

YouNeedToKnow

YouNeedToKnowSydney, NSW

Leaks everywhere and zero customer support !!!

Purchased in January 2018 at Kangaroo Tent City & BBQ's for $460.00.

Des

Des

Poor quality cheap plastic parts

Initially we thought that the tent was wonderful as it was easy to put up, roomy and waterproof in a heavy downpour. Unfortunately it has since become clear that the cheap tent material and fly screen windows scuff and hole easily. The plastic hub and knuckle system breaks easily in moderate winds rendering the instant up an instant down tent with you inside it. A great concept let down by cheap low quality materials. The ground sheet by contrast is made of thick and sturdy material, pegs not so much as they bend easily. The awnings are a useful feature but in rain needs to be dropped as the water is channeled towards the tent and tends to pool. I advise against purchasing this tent.

Purchased in November 2019 at Tentworld Online store for $399.00.

Steve

SteveSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great tent

Great solid tent compared to others in this price range. On the heavy side but probably because of the quality. Pegs are woeful so buy some new ones at the same time. Set up & take down is a breeze. Awning tends to hold water when it rains, telescopic awning poles would of solved this by simply lowering slightly to create run off slope. Just a thought for the next edition of instant up.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tentworld Online store for $470.00.

Karlie

KarlieEyre Peninsula, SA

Doesn’t like wind !

David

DavidSydney

Terrible Warranty, broke first use

On a two week tour of Tassie, tent broke first night. String line broke and hole in the roof. Straight onto Coleman as it has a 12 months Warrenty. They said a foreign object must have damaged it. We were on the beach so that’s impossible.

Stay away from Coleman tents, they say they’re great which is why I bought it but when they needed to back it up they were no help at all.

Thomas

ThomasSydney, NSW

Great tent, but heavy.

It’s a great tent, relatively easy to put up.
We used it once for a single night stay. The 3 entry doors are handy as you can choose which to open/close.
The room divider can be a trip hazard as the bottom bit has to stay (and not attached to the floor).
It’s a shame the tent is so heavy (30 kgs). The next size down, the 8P, is only 22 kgs. Would be great if the 10P has similar weight to the 8P model.

JCPM

JCPMCoorparoo

What's not in the video (UPDATED)

Granted the umbrella mechanism gets the tent up quickly (assuming you keep your fingers out of the way of moving parts) but the time benefit is lost with the amount of pegging down that has to be done to straighten and strengthen the tent frame. The tent's structural strength and space is less than the 12 year old Sportiva it was supposed to replace.
UPDATE (October 2018): Second major outing (11 days) and I think we may have reached a better understanding with respect to tent stability and need for external support ropes. One big plus that we discovered was the floor strength, which contributed to keeping us dry.

Great Tent

I wanted to use a stretcher on our last 3 week outback trip so needed the verticle sided tent. The Coleman Gold 4p tent fitted the bill very well. Used the tent for the 3 weeks including nights of drizzle and a few hours of very heavy rain without issue of leaks. Had days of 30+ degrees and days of 13 and the tent is well ventilated especially the ground level vents and easily controlled from inside the tent.

Don't like the pegs the tent comes with as campgrounds that are hard or rocky needs something more sturdy (carry extra pegs all the time no matter which tent I use)

Great experience using the tent and the different terrains and climates etc. Would buy it again if that helps

Vlad

VladSydney, NSW

Strong and wateproof, loved it!

jjmmav

jjmmav

Super!

We are a family of 4 and wanted a low hassle tent and this is it.

The good.
The tent goes up and down very fast.
Nice quality.
Well thought out. Easy to put up internal lights, good windows and venting.

The bad.
The pegs are mediocre.

Easy to rate at 5 stars, especially considering value.