Intergrain DWD

• Coverage
  • Longevity

Foxxf1re

Foxxf1reGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good product, but check is manufacture date before purchasing.

Good product, which I've used before. I would recommend it, but ALWAYS check the bottom of the can before purchasing. I purchase a can from Bunnings West footscray on the 7/03/2019. Started coating the deck and was struggling with the product, unlike the first time when it went on brilliant. Upon looking at the bottom of the can, I saw it had been made back in 2016. Unfortunately I had already started using the can, so completed the job, but not nearly as good as the front deck which was done in 2018 using a can made in 2017.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $138.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Longevity

DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Brilliant Product!

I’ve always used sikkens cetol hls with supernatural but the sikkens always makes the timber too dark (even with natural) and doesnt reveal the natural grain. I decided to convert and use dwd on badly weathered cedar doors, windows, frames. Used the reviva gel (twice), dimension 4 primer and dwd (3 coats) and the results are magnificent. The dwd natural is perfect for cedar, brings out a beautiful colour of the timber (orange brown using the natural which is little tinted). It’s a little tricky to apply, slap it on thick, quickly and in cool weather. The technical support are also brilliant, always responsive to emails and always available on phone. I will never use sikkens again. Highly recommend dwd!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jo H.Sydney, NSW

Has this product changed?

Have been using the Intergrain DWD for many years on a timber veranda floor and was always happy with it. Was re-coated in March and also 12 months previous to that. Have always had good life out of this product and the only reason we re-coated it twice so close together was because I couldn't get rid of really bad scuff marks. Now after the last coating in March and having a family gathering in late November we have very bad scuff marks again. Don't know if this product has changed but am not very happy with it now.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Sam MurphyIntergrain

BrendanLSydney

Not for the in experienced

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Quickpig

QuickpigSoldiers Point

Amazing, it actually does what it says on the can!

I've coated around 30 Merbau decks with DWD and it lasts about 18 months in full sunlight. In shade it seems to last until wear and tear takes it's toll. It's essential to follow the full procedure. Without the preparation and the primer you'll only get 6 months. I have a bench that I tested this product on 3 years ago, it sits in direct sunlight for most of the day and I've recoated it once. Still looks good as new. Don't try applying the DWD in direct sunlight of if the timber is hot, it will dry before you finish a run of timber and in the application tray.

Will K.Intergrain

Wouldn't use anything else.

I clad my house with western red cedar using dimension 4 and DWD, 11 years ago. The advise back then was slap it on like its for free. It has lasted the distance and still looks like 'new'. However I figure I should recoat now. Brilliant product and wouldn't use anything else.
Kath(FNQ)

Excellent product

Will K.Intergrain

Bunning must have a share in this proct

Will K.Intergrain

The perfect product for cedar

I have always used dimension 4 and DWD on my cedar lining, doors and windows etc. the product enhances the rich colour of cedar and lasts years longer than any other product I have witnessed. It must be applied correctly and quickly with the grain and best not in direct sunlight. When they say on the can not to back brush they mean it as you'll encounter unsightly sticky grit if you do, it must be applied thick, quick and left alone to dry don't touch it even 10 seconds after initial application. A quality product.

Sarah S.Intergrain

Thank you for sharing your experience and tips when using Intergrain Dimension 4 UltraPrimer and DWD. We are pleased to read that you have had such good success with the finish.

The Intergrain Technical Team

Louisa

LouisaMelbourne

Excellent product!!

I have used this product on out door furniture, tables and chairs and screen doors. Tables and chairs have been out doors in Queensland for six years in full sun then moved to Melbourne same furniture has been in the wet and heat for five years. A total of eleven years out doors and still in great condition.

OK . in some places.

Seaside, full sun in SE Queensland it gives about 5 years on cypress and 2 years max on eucalyptus hand rails with 2years max on marbau hardwood decking. This is with the 3 stages used in accordance with directions.

Hard to remove residual from decking, needing paint stripper and water blasting.

Great stuff - Lasts up to 9 years

After 9 years with DWD I decided to repaint my home using Dimension 4 and DWD. Why? Because it works and looks fantastic. My house is completely clad in grooved cedar ecoboard - painted with Intergrain sInce new in 2005. If applied correctly with sufficiently thick coats, and washed with antifungal every few years it retains it protective film. I've also used it on over 80 sqm of decking applied over previous coats of Flood Spa and Deck, gates etc with no issues. Dimension and DWD are a bit pricey but worth it .

Robert

RobertBrisbane

Brilliant if applied correctly

I put DWD on a handrail in full sun 10 years ago and it still looks great like the day I did it (with zero maintenance, and.. yes, I know!) I've applied it to more timber at my place with similar results.
Remember it's a three-stage system - just follow the directions.

Update June 2017 - 2 years since I wrote this original review and I'm now starting to get a few spots peeling on that handrail. 12 years is probably longer than most people get out of DWD, but I'll probably strip it all back and do a full reapplication and hopefully get another 10+years!

Date PurchasedNov 2005

Sammy1794

Sammy1794Rockhampton

Intergrain DWD PROBLEMS?

Dwd is a great product for 12 months protection . It is recommended to use Dimensions 4 before applying dwd to ensure the lifespan of dwd is achieved . The life span should be between 2-4 years , skipping this step reduces the lifespan dramatically and usually will last between 11-16 months . Well worth the investment if done correctly!

Paint Expert.

Mike

MikeMelbourne

Rubbish product

Used DWD a few years back and I am now sanding back to cover with Floods Spa and Deck, DWD peeled with in 12 months and was a disgusting orange colour. now to remove I need to completely sand back to bare timber, this is a big job. I would never recommend DWD for any reason.

Mozz

MozzBrisvagas

DWD dont use it!

If you have full sun exposure DWD will blister and is very hard to remove and put something decent on there like Cabots Aquadeck. The problem is it sets like glue and does not penetrate the grain like a good oil> It is much harder to recoat successfully, recommend not to use
water based, OK in shady areas
impossible (nearly) to remove

Ian

Ianasked

Hi I have a lot of hardwood doors and windows that have been varnished and are now peeling and going black with weather damage and was wanting to know what would be better to put on them after we sand them to try and remove some staining either Reviva or the vertical timber cleaner?

Erin P.Intergrain

Hi Ian, it's difficult to say exactly what products to use without knowing a little more about the surface you're dealing with. I'd suggest after sanding the timber back to bare, to clean the timber with Intergrain UltraPrep Timber Cleaner (formerly known as Reviva) before applying a new coating. Please contact us on 1800 630 285 to get more detailed advice on your specific project.

Ajay

Ajayasked

I have moved in to a house that has had dwd coated on all the decking. When it rains or I hose it down it leaves a layer of dirt which I cannot budge. How do I clean this layer of dirt off?
Regards

Jo H.

I'm not an expert, but I think you're just noticing the dirt more because of the coating. Whereas if it was an oiled deck it wouldn't show up as much. There is so much dirt in the atmosphere right now. I find the best way to clean mine is with a microfibre mop and bucket.

Rod

Rodasked

Two coats of dwd after inter grain prep
Each time it rains it goes milky
Now two weeks in Queensland
Will it settle eventually?

David

Yep the milky look will dry out eventually it happened to me before

Jo H.

I believe it will. Happens to me each time I recoat. Eventually it stops.

Get an answer from our members and Intergrain representatives