Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Stain

• Finish Quality
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage

A paint, not a stain

I used Intergrain Natural Stain on Carter Colt Harvey Treated pine Shadowclad (plywood) cladding for a garage. First coat looked good, but when second coat went on the garage looked painted and colour went very dark, like a blood orange. I used colour Kowhai. It said to use two coats or even three on new timber. Will end up have to paint the garage in a year if stain don't fade a bit. Very good value for money. 10L almost covered 96sqm of wall.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
Dan in Cairns

Dan in CairnsFar North Queensland, QLD

Great for timber retaining wall

Tried this product after watching a youtube video.

Went on very easy. Dried very quickly. All up about 3L used. Took me 2 hours or so.

Just one coat was applied.

Couldn't be happier!

See my before pressure washing, after pressure washing, and after using the natural stain.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$139.00.

Painted SurfaceWood
Usage
Finish Quality
Ease of Application
Coverage
J9

J9Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Expensive but great for treated pine

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sam MurphyIntergrain
Paints & Varnishes

Find out how Intergrain UltraDeck Timber Stain compares to other Paints & Varnishes

JudyGai

JudyGaiUralla

Shocking product, do not touch it!!

After consultation with a Bunnings rep, I purchased the Intergrain NaturalStain. This is the WORST product I have ever used. Am now waiting for the owner of the local paint specialist store to come and offer advice as to how to rectify the disgusting mess this product created. Followed instructions, yet the NaturalStain has left our new decking looking like some old floor that has been hidden under carpet for years. Contacted Intergrain, who asked many questions all of which was a poorly veiled attempt to negate liability for their product. Worst $130 ever spent on a decking stain. After getting professional advice I will then consider my options!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Nat

NatMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Epic failure! Don't waste your money, time and effort

Will K.Intergrain

Stuart B

Stuart Basked

Hi. I have a new Merbau timber fence that I was told by my local Inspirations paint shop to cover the natural timber using no stain with 3 coats of Intergrain Ultra Clear. The natural Merbau colors have faded after 6 months badly and I want to see if I can apply Intergrain Natural Stain over the top of the Ultraclear. My fence is 30m long and in full sun in Qld. What do you recommend.
I have also just built a new fence section now and I have not applied anything to it yet and want to get that stained first to ensure the colour remains. I don’t want to apply Ultraclear if I have to strip it in a few years to restain over it. Please help.

Zynthia

Zynthiaasked

My partner has just spilled our sample pot of Intergrain Ultra Deck Timber Stain (in Charcoal) on our back landing and back steps, which are made of concrete. Can you please advise us on how to remove these rather large pools and ugly splotches of dark stain from the concrete? Or, failing that, how to cover them up, and what with? Thank you! Zynthia, 16th August 2020

Erin P.Intergrain

Hi Zynthia, oh no! Because concrete is quite porous there's no way to really tell how deeply the stain would have penetrated so most paint removal methods won't help. Potentially you could grind back the concrete or your alternative would be to paint over the top with concrete paint.

John M.

John M.asked

I’ve already submitted but not sure it went through. Anyway, prepared my deck with deck wash as I have done before. Used this intergrain Ultra Deck Timber Stain Drift Wood. Applied at lunch time and looked great. This morning I’ve gone out to look and it’s all gone a weird mottled effect and looks awful. I’m not sure what has gone wrong overnight. What can be done? Really disappointed. Thanks. Joh

Get an answer from our members and Intergrain representatives