JB Caravans Dreamline

JB Caravans Dreamline

JB Dreamline Experience

It is now 12 Months since we took delivery of our new JB 206 Dreamline Caravan.
We have previously brought 3 new vans and were very particular about layout and
quality when purchasing this new Caravan.
This JB product satisfied all our requirements and our experience through Quoting,
Purchasing and Delivery went to plan and was handled very easily and professionally.
We travelled to Central Queensland on our first trip and were delighted with the way
the caravan handled.
All the fittings were of very good quality, a problem with the microwave oven was
quickly sorted out with a phone call to JB. A new microwave was delivered to us
in a caravan park at Woodgate Qld.
The after sales service was excellent, with a few minor problems being rectified
under warranty on the first service on our return.
We strongly support Wencent and his team at Craigieburn and are confident all
future dealings will be as professionally handled.
We would have no hesitation in recommending JB Caravans to our friends.

This review is as we hoped it would be to congratulate JB Personal

Check Your Handbrake

Initial purchase of van and first service was great and we have been fairly happy with our purchase, however recent after sales servicing has not been ideal and a disappointment.

After taking our 18 month old Dreamtime to JB's requiring servicing we had continuing problems with overheating brakes. JB's brake man ensured me that he had fixed it and tightened the manual brake handle to 3 clicks. Still the overheating occurred.
I read Alko owners manual and found recommendation from manufacturer had not been followed.
Manual recommends,
'that the brake handle engages in the 5th or 6th notch of the coupling from the towball end - not closer. "failure to adjust the cable tension in this manner will, through suspension movement on both independent suspension and beam axle with leaf springs, cause the brake shoes to be partially actuated and excessive heating of the brake drums to occur. Prolonged use, if incorrectly adjusted, will cause initially the back (secondary shoe) to overheat to the extent of disintegration of the brake lining.

This is exactly what has occurred to our van.

I would recommend that if you have a JB van or had your van serviced at JB's to check your brake handle to ensure they have not made the same mistake with your van, as this has cost us replacement of worn pads and several trips back and forth to Melbourne for warranty work.

All work post service was done, and parts replaced free of charge. A token payment for fuel was made, but I believe JB's need to lift their game in several areas of the after sales servicing.

JB----you've done it once more!!!

We have just picked up a new JB Dreamline 2000, what can I say, having spent 25 years in the automotive industry part in a production and QA role, the final product turned out by this company is exceptional to say the least, apart from some very picky minor blemishes that only I would notice, I cannot fault the product.
We looked at caravan manufacturers product for some 18 months before settling on a JB, in the whole concept from order thru to delivery nothing was any trouble and all questions and requests were answered. There were things that I requested to be integrated in the build... Not an issue I just delivered the items with the fitting instructions and it was done..yes at no additional cost, when this was requested from others it was either at extra cost or "you'll have to get it done after delivery.. It's not part of our standard build..."
The delivery process was over 2 hours and everything was explained in great detail and was very hands on, at the end of the process we were given a folder with every product brochure, user instructions, etc in it.... To Justin and Terry well done.
I can only say to those looking for a quality of product and a peace of mind experience in purchase.. putting JB on your must look at list is well worth it.

How do you turn off the light over the shower and how do you turn off the radio so it doesn’t glow all night?
Touch the centre of the light. It increases the brightness then turns off each time it is touchedThank you Tony. We tried that. Turns out there is a fault with the light. Would love to hear from someone about turning off the radio. We have pushed the button that is mentioned in the brochure, but we have not had any success with that either.

I have a 2012 dreamline... and i would like to replace curtains with venetian and privacy blinds... im in Adelaide.. any suggestions as to what this could be done please?...

Is there a bypass for direct water supply?