JB Caravans Scorpion

JB Caravans Scorpion

Top quality Australian built OFF ROAD rig.

My wife and I have owned & lived in this limited edition (scorpion) since December 2016 (5 months).
I can honestly say that I am yet to find any problems with the quality of the build (I have looked hard) and the finish is absolutely fabulous throughout. My wife loves it!
Nothing cheap and nasty has been incorporated into this rig, everything is very high quality, for instance the sound system is a Fusion marine set including an ipod dock and outdoor head unit that enables sound system control from outside. This Fusion system would have to cost close to $1500 and it came as a STANDARD fitting.
This is a true off road van with a DO35 hitch, cruise master suspension with duel shockies on each wheel. 1 grey water tank and 3 fresh water tanks including a 65lt dedicated drinking with its own pump and plumbing, all the tanks have galvanised protection. The underside is sealed with a full sheet of galvanised protection.
I changed the specification to lithium batteries to compliment the standard 450 watts of solar panels on the roof. (The 2017 scorpion sting has lithium batteries fitted as standard)
Piano hinges on all the cupboards.
Washing machine.
En-suite (great shower)
Large tool boxes with slides for both the BBQ and a Generator.
Huge 218lt compressor fridge freezer for the beer and ice, what more could you ask for?
JB are even giving a 3 year warranty that covers all Australian tracks, that says a lot to me, and anyone looking for an off road van should remember JB caravans for that if nothing else!
After sales service has been a 5 star experience from JB caravans in Caboolture, QLD nothing has been too much trouble, if only all businesses had these business ethics once they have your money! I just can't fault it!
I looked at all the major brands and kept coming back to the JB. I have been travelling on the road full time for over 5 years and have met thousands of travellers in all sorts of vans, buses, 5th wheelers and motor homes, so this review is not coming from someone who is a novice. I've heard all the stories and seen most of the country accessible with a non off road van. Now I have this full off road JB van the adventure can really start!
If you are seriously in the market do yourself a favor and make sure you don't purchase anything before you have had a good look at one of these JB masterpieces, they SCREAM quality!
It's your money, be wise, be happy!

Floor PlanRear door model 20ft 6in

Best We Have Seen and Great Service

After 10 years with an off-road camper we inspected 7 well known caravan factories and ended up at JB. Its factory and attention to detail the best we had seen. Proceeded to order the Scorpion. Sales staff (Justin, at the time) could not have done more for us. So knowledgeable and helpful. The van has been JB (just brilliant). Traveled most places in OZ with prolonged stays in remote areas. The electrics arrangement is so good and allows so much freedom. After 3 years the ongoing servicing and attention to repairs has been exceptional. I cannot imagine any company doing better. Jody at Heatherbrae has been great, while Glen (and Dale) in Melbourne have been outstanding. They are keen, listen, suggest solutions then complete the work to craftsman quality. My wife gave Glenn a hug on last visit she was so happy with JBs work. She doesn't give away hugs freely.

Floor Plan20ft but added and extra 6inches

Great Caravan and you can't beat JB for Service

We went to the Victorian Caravan and Camping show back in February to research the caravan market. We saw many and it was clear that JB Caravans manufactured a product which was superior both in quality and competitive in price. We followed up with a factory tour at Heatherbrae and this re-enforced our opinion of this manufacturer.
Fit and finish are excellent. There was some warranty work required involving the batteries. What really surprised us was how quickly JB came to the party and resolved this issue....Very Impressed!!
JB Caravans do take pride in their work and ensure customer satisfaction.
The Scorpion 19'6" is extremely comfortable, looks 1st class and has all the facilities needed to remain off the grid for an extended period. Everything just works and what we really appreciated was the inverter which powers the 6 double power outlets with 240 volt power and you can even use the microwave oven without the need to hook up to grid power. The 3 x 150 watt solar panels and 2x 120 amp hour batteries more than adequately power everything including the compressor fridge.
We tow the Scorpion with a 2015 VW Touareg with air suspension effortlessly and the Cruise Master Suspension and included Electronic Stability Control makes towing a breeze.
Well done JB on product and service.

JB caravans are just that - JUST BRILLIANT

We recently purchased a 20ft 6 Scorpion from JB Caravans at Caboolture. The sales and delivery staff were excellent and attended to our every wish. We took it for a shakedown on the dustiest and roughest roads we could find. Absolutely no problems and not one sign of any dust inside whatsoever (can't say the same for the outside). Since had a service and their staff could not do enough for us. Should be named JTB - JUST THE BEST.

JB Scorpion 17ft10 suits Prado Weights

"Just Brilliant" like it says We absolutely love our new Scorpion It has everything we needed without add on extras costing extra The design engineers did lots of changes for us Eg extra solid Outside Handle including one next to shower A Double Step Full Fridge lifted up higher We have a leather Lounge No mirrors in robes Full Oven Washing Machine and a very efficient shower and toilet A fusion stereo system with USB DVD/cd IPod Dock Inside Outside Marine Speakers An Awning 22" Led Fusion Flat Screen TV
It met our TARE weight for our Diesel Toyota Prado
Small items needed fixing under warranty which was easily done

Had Everything we wanted

Purchased a JB 17"10 scorpion in January could not be happier the van had everything we were looking for and could be pulled by our 2009 Prado have only taken it on a few small trips so far but everything has worked well added a gas heater and ESC braking system Travelled well over dirt roads
Very comfortable towed well

Scorpion

Picked up my 20ft scorpion 2 weeks ago from the factory.It was a long weekend and they were very busy. We had a few things that had to be altered and the firm were more than obilging Towed the van back to Perth and had a wonderful time. It was my 6th van ; you would think I would get it right. This van did all I wanted and then some. Could not be happier and see me and the missus having wonderfull trouble free holidays. oh what a feeling. You need a serious tug for these brutes

Could not fault the van

I have a 2017 JB Scorpiin Sting 21’6. It has the two water tanks in front of the axles and another water tank and great water tank behind the axle. When I’m free camping can I allocate which front tank of water I want to use or do I have no control over this? I can’t find any valve under the van except to empty the tanks to grade. TIA
G'day Rayna, Under the fridge in the cupboard you will find 2 water pumps one is the designated drinking water the other draws water from the 2 front tanks, you will find 2 shut off valves on the top of this pump (part of the plumbing). You will have to shut one off, check your water water levels then run a tap for a few minutes to determine which valve draws from which of the front tanks. Cheers Nigel

How do I empty Grey water on the JB scorpion sting?

Looking at purchasing a Scorpion Sting 21'6 Caravan. Has anyone had any problems? We have scoured the internet and we can only find positive feedback on product and company as a whole. Would love to hear any feedback, Cheers.
The main problem is that JB are building top quality tough vans so as a consequence they seem to be gaining momentum and are selling heaps more vans, because people like yourself are researching and can't find many (or any) negatives. This seems to be creating a problem at the coal face, because if there are any minor problems like small leaks etc (all vans have some problems, some brands problems are horrendous! JB's in my experience are minor) it is getting harder to get booked in for warranty service, last booking couldn't get in for over a month and then only because they squeezed me in. The more vans they sell the worse it will get, until they realise and address the problem. That Scorpion Sting is no doubt one of the best, looking toughest most comfortable vans on the market, and will fill you with pride as people and other JB owners come over to admire it. Please Please Please don't buy it!We have the 2017 Scorpion sting 20’6 and live on the road full time , this is our 3rd caravan and I have to say we will never buy another brand , this van has it all everything works and is exceptional quality , we mostly stay in caravan parks but when free camping it’s just amazing you don’t need to worry about power and we can still use the coffee machine ! We have travelled off road and on the dustiest roads we sealed the door vent and the bottom fridge vent and left the rest open then opened up the scooper vent and we were just amazed that there was nothing at all in the van , also the service is just as everyone says it is the Caboolture team go above and beyond , do yourself a real favour buy one of these caravans , you really won’t be disappointed!!!I have the 2018 21'6 Scorpion Sting. No issues found, its is dust free when towed along dusty or gravel roads. I am very happy with my Van