JBL Horizon

JBL Horizon

MPN: JBHORIZONBLK

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Display illumination too DIM.

I will be returning this product. The display is not bright enough to see at night. The worst user manual I have ever seen. I contacted JBL customer service 3 times and NO REPLY. Harmon Kardon should make a better product in this JBL line of Alarm clocks. I am very disappointed,

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for $180.00.

Rhombus2455

Rhombus2455Hobart, TAS

Fabulous Functionality

Bluetooth works great and speakers are immensely clear. Multiple alarm functionality also useful. Would definitely buy again if needed. When the speaker became faulty the JBL customer service agent was able to get the product replaced for free under warranty which was super helpful. Great Job JBL

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for $122.00.

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

This Clock radio is the balls

This is the best clock radio I have ever owned I would recommend it to anyone, easy to use and has a built-in light. It’s totally worth the price I paid

Purchased in December 2018.

GMF

GMFMurray Region, NSW

Overpriced

Impossible to see the time - bought this as a desk clock (the salesperson suggested this model) and it is useless. The back light stays on for a few seconds and then you need a torch to be able to see the time. Spent hours googling this issue to find others have the same problem. Taking it back tomorrow.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee.

firezone1au

firezone1auSydney, NSW

A Frustrating start to Everyday!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

The display is what sold me

Date PurchasedJun 2018

kat

katAustralia

Terrible Alarm Clock

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Some frustrations

The night light on the back is far too bright and needs a dimmer or settings option. The buttons would be easier to use if they were slightly raised so one can feel them and press them without putting a bedside light on. Sometimes the volume button plays up and just turns into setting the date.

whiteknight73

whiteknight73Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stylish and sounds great

Just arrived and couldn’t be happier. Stylish alarm clock with great speakers. Bonus is I can now unplug my phone charger and charge the phone through the clock. Time will tell how long it will last but for now it’s great. FM radio is extremely clear . Would highly recommend for those who like to listen to music with great sound while laying in bed. Love the Bluetooth option.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Kris W

Kris WSydney

Excellent Alarm clock and speaker

Most people who complain about the product haven't bothered to read the instructions. It is simple to use and a fantastic product. Volume is adjustable, bluetooth works, and I like waking up the the soft acoustic sound that starts gently - makes a much less aggressive way to wake up.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Radio reception terrible

I bought two JBL Clock Radios after using one in hotel I thought it to be really good. I used Bluetooth and that worked well. But when I got unit's home I found the reception was so poor I could only get a couple of stations and they are not the stations that I listen to. I'm not just disappointed I'm really upset about it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Can't turn the alarm off

My husband bought this for me for Xmas. It looked amazing and the Bluetooth feature was very enticing. However, I realised once I went back to work that there were issues. Once the alarm goes off you need to press 2 buttons to turn the bloody thing off, neither of which can be sensed by touch! This means you have to turn the damn light on to see what the hell you are doing. Bad design. Very expensive and now can't return it as no longer have the box or docket!

Christmas present

My husband bought me a JBL Horizon Bluetooth ambient light alarm clock for Christmas! I was so excited! It worked great for about 3 weeks. Now I can barely hear anything. Have no idea how to go about getting it replaced because I don’t have a receipt or packaging! $100 alarm clock should last longer than 3 weeks!

george

george

don't believe all the neg reports.

I think the product tells the time and sound's just fine. Don't believe all the bunk about the clock. Sound and usability is very good I think it is good value for money and would recommend it as a suitable clock radio we had been looking for a product for some time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Elise

EliseMelbourne

Great Bluetooth speaker and alarm clock that I love using. Clear display.

PT1

PT1Sydney

Does everything well except the one critical thing a clock needs to do.

A large display (very rare) and very solid, quality look and feel which far surpassed all other similar products. Excellent selection of tone alarm options (alternative to music) one of which is a gently strummed guitar, which starts off very soft and increases to your chosen volume. By all accounts looks like a great product. Unfortunately the review by Lochanora is accurate. If anything the problem with display brightness is understated. Ironically this product's positive features are so good that they serve to make it all the more disappointing; it simply fails in the one task that is essential. A clock which doesn't tell the time doesn't deserve even one star but you can't pick zero.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Lochanora

LochanoraSouth East Queensland, QLD

If you don't want to know the time - this clock is what you want

Justin

JustinHo chi minh city

busted

I dont know what happened to my alarm clock... it worked perfectly for almost a year then 1 day the bluetooth stopped working. then next the alarm wont turn on. now i have already called customer support, reset the device, and asked them to replace it without any luck because I bought it from a store that I cant go back too.. . Im cant recommend this brand anymore unfortunately after this experience. Spending over $100 on an alarm clock for it to work less than 1 year is not acceptable... I guess I have to find another brand that will take care of its customers a little better.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Disappointing - very short life for price point

Purchased Sept 2015 - product display died Sept 2017. At $150 I would expect a product at this level to last more than 2 years. Total waste of money as it can not be used. I have a cheap $10 one that has lasted 10 years.

I contacted them and was told to find a repairer myself. Pretty arrogant to be charging this kind of money for such a short life. Will be cheaper to buy another brand than it will to get this fixed.

Will never touch this brand for any product again given the poor performance and customer service.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Steve

SteveOrange

Cannot adjust the length of time alarm sounds

My wife and I like to wake to our favourite radio show. But with this new clock, alarm (radio) turns on and then automatically off after only 3 minutes. Then occasionally turns back on. Thus is really inconvenient. I contacted the help desk on the Australian website and was told to read the instructions... Very unhelpful indeed. So I did again but they are so basic that they didn't help one bit. I don't think there is a solution. I'm sorry I bought this expensive clock now.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Zainal A.

Zainal A.asked

how do i preset 5 fm stations

Brian S.asked

Hi. I like to wake up to the radio, and listen for a while before getting up. Is there a way to use the radio on my Horizon as my alarm without having it continually increase in volume? I realize the goal is to make sure I wake up, but the volume increase isn’t helping. Thank you!

Mark

Yes when you set the alarm time there is a option, when you’re selecting what type of tone you want to wake up to select radio

Brian S.

Hi. Thanks so much for the assistance. I’m afraid I wasn’t specific enough in my request - I did select radio, so the radio is, in fact, my alarm sound, but the volume on the radio alarm increases (fairly rapidly) over time. Perhaps I’ve missed something and will try again, but I’d be grateful for any additional thoughts. My goal is to wake up to the radio, at some preset level I’ve determined, and have it stay at that level until I turn it off (or the alarm times out). Thank you again.

Lacey

Laceyasked

My horizon is 10 minutes fast, how do I change this?

Get an answer from our members and JBL representatives

CategoryPortable Speakers