JBL Horizon

2.7

mrwolfe

mrwolfeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst user interface EVER

The user interface is extremely convoluted. The buttons have multiple functions, which means that one wrong move when attempting to turn the alarm off puts the thing into a different mode and leads the user into a battle to silence the radio, which is now blaring at full volume. Sure, it wakes you up, but leaves you cranky.

Multiple function buttons may work well when the user is awake and alert, but is a disaster for anyone who is still half asleep. Good sound, nice styling, but it will probably go into the pool one morning. It has already come close a couple of times.

Defective power cords class action

My coworkers and I purchased 4 of these less than 2 years ago - all of the power cords failed within one year. JBL replaced them as under warranty and they all failed again. Now JBL claims that the warranty expired and we are out of luck. I am going to commence a class action since this is a known defect that they are concealing - if interested in participating please respond here

Purchased in May 2018 at B&H Photo.

FM Alarm volume not adjustable :(

Nice looking clock with good sound but if you want to use the FM station to wake up to it escalates to an uncomfortable high volume after maybe 30 seconds and there is no way to turn it down when in alarm mode. I have tried to find a way to adjust the FM alarm level only to find on the reviews many have the same complaint with no answers. What is the point of having a nice sounding JBL system if you have to turn it off right away and can't listen to the news or music for awhile before getting up. Pretty much blasts you out of bed and will wake up the entire house., this is the first radio alarm I have owned that you can't set the wake up volume to your choice. Disappointing for a JBL product.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$137.00.

Find out how JBL Horizon compares to other Speakers

Display illumination too DIM.

I will be returning this product. The display is not bright enough to see at night. The worst user manual I have ever seen. I contacted JBL customer service 3 times and NO REPLY. Harmon Kardon should make a better product in this JBL line of Alarm clocks. I am very disappointed,

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for A$180.00.

Rhombus2455

Rhombus2455Hobart, TAS

Fabulous Functionality

Bluetooth works great and speakers are immensely clear. Multiple alarm functionality also useful. Would definitely buy again if needed. When the speaker became faulty the JBL customer service agent was able to get the product replaced for free under warranty which was super helpful. Great Job JBL

Purchased in September 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$122.00.

Mark

MarkSouth East Queensland, QLD

This Clock radio is the balls

This is the best clock radio I have ever owned I would recommend it to anyone, easy to use and has a built-in light. It’s totally worth the price I paid

Purchased in December 2018.

GMF

GMFMurray Region, NSW

Overpriced

Impossible to see the time - bought this as a desk clock (the salesperson suggested this model) and it is useless. The back light stays on for a few seconds and then you need a torch to be able to see the time. Spent hours googling this issue to find others have the same problem. Taking it back tomorrow.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee.

firezone1au

firezone1auSydney, NSW

A Frustrating start to Everyday!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Lisa

LisaSydney, NSW

The display is what sold me

Date PurchasedJun 2018

kat

katAustralia

Terrible Alarm Clock

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Some frustrations

The night light on the back is far too bright and needs a dimmer or settings option. The buttons would be easier to use if they were slightly raised so one can feel them and press them without putting a bedside light on. Sometimes the volume button plays up and just turns into setting the date.

Andrew .B

Andrew .BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Stylish and sounds great

Just arrived and couldn’t be happier. Stylish alarm clock with great speakers. Bonus is I can now unplug my phone charger and charge the phone through the clock. Time will tell how long it will last but for now it’s great. FM radio is extremely clear . Would highly recommend for those who like to listen to music with great sound while laying in bed. Love the Bluetooth option.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Kris W

Kris WSydney

Excellent Alarm clock and speaker

Most people who complain about the product haven't bothered to read the instructions. It is simple to use and a fantastic product. Volume is adjustable, bluetooth works, and I like waking up the the soft acoustic sound that starts gently - makes a much less aggressive way to wake up.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Radio reception terrible

I bought two JBL Clock Radios after using one in hotel I thought it to be really good. I used Bluetooth and that worked well. But when I got unit's home I found the reception was so poor I could only get a couple of stations and they are not the stations that I listen to. I'm not just disappointed I'm really upset about it.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Can't turn the alarm off

My husband bought this for me for Xmas. It looked amazing and the Bluetooth feature was very enticing. However, I realised once I went back to work that there were issues. Once the alarm goes off you need to press 2 buttons to turn the bloody thing off, neither of which can be sensed by touch! This means you have to turn the damn light on to see what the hell you are doing. Bad design. Very expensive and now can't return it as no longer have the box or docket!

Christmas present

My husband bought me a JBL Horizon Bluetooth ambient light alarm clock for Christmas! I was so excited! It worked great for about 3 weeks. Now I can barely hear anything. Have no idea how to go about getting it replaced because I don’t have a receipt or packaging! $100 alarm clock should last longer than 3 weeks!

george

george

don't believe all the neg reports.

I think the product tells the time and sound's just fine. Don't believe all the bunk about the clock. Sound and usability is very good I think it is good value for money and would recommend it as a suitable clock radio we had been looking for a product for some time.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Elise

EliseMelbourne

Great Bluetooth speaker and alarm clock that I love using. Clear display.

PT1

PT1Sydney

Does everything well except the one critical thing a clock needs to do.

A large display (very rare) and very solid, quality look and feel which far surpassed all other similar products. Excellent selection of tone alarm options (alternative to music) one of which is a gently strummed guitar, which starts off very soft and increases to your chosen volume. By all accounts looks like a great product. Unfortunately the review by Lochanora is accurate. If anything the problem with display brightness is understated. Ironically this product's positive features are so good that they serve to make it all the more disappointing; it simply fails in the one task that is essential. A clock which doesn't tell the time doesn't deserve even one star but you can't pick zero.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Lochanora

LochanoraSouth East Queensland, QLD

If you don't want to know the time - this clock is what you want