MK, M6
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

I have mixed feeling

JohnSydney Surrounds, NSW

Does what it says on the tin

This is our day to day, carry the grandkids, put the bikes on the roof, go to the tip with the trailer on, car. The economy is outstanding, av 7 ltr/100km all the time. Faults - none. The interior is plush enough and the performance and handling is well in the range of its class. I really like driving it and my wife prefers it to my Mercedes SLK to drive. I didn't say she was perfect!
Service is fixed price for 5 years, and pricing is reasonable.
The 9 speed German ZF auto gearbox is worth the price of admission.

Purchased in June 2018 for $43,500.00.

Dildar Sidhu
Dildar SidhuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst car with poor technical and customer service

Bought in 2017, since then had issues with connecting bluetooth, audio, camera, heating and cooling. The whole unit of car is already been replaced 3 times in 2 years and still not working well. I have been advised that they will install another 4th unit, as if im employed by Jeep to often visit their service centre. I have no other job.

Purchased in April 2018 at Northern Motor Group for $40,000.00.

HarroSydney, NSW

Love my Jeep

I have the Jeep Compass MK 2015 in black automatic. It fits my son his friends and the family dog. We've taken long family trips in this car and it always performs well. Never had an issue with it the whole 5 years.

Purchased in August 2015 at Suttons.

Browne
BrownePerth, WA

Buyer beware

2 months into having car it’s shut off twice due to low oil have been only now told by dealership 2018 Compass were recalled due to faulty engine.
Have had 4 lt oil places and compression test done been told to bring back at another 1000km if issue continues then engine to be replaced.
My concern is if this has already been a problem how can keep and the fta continue to sell them.
When the engine cut out I lost vehicle control crossing busy road with 2 young children in car - where does the accountability stop - this vehicle is unsafe to drive and nobody is taking this seriously. If this continues I will request a case manager and take further.
Buyer beware

Purchased in February 2019 at Jeep Dealers for $29,990.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

Perfect Family Car

Needed a bigger car for the family as my Suzuki Swift just couldnt handle it anymore. I was sold on the Jeep from the first test drive. It somehow manages to be spacious and comfortable as an SUV without looking like a tank on the road. The drive is so smooth and I struggle to find a single flaw with the car.

BadgeLongitude
Date PurchasedDec 2018
DriveFWD
Matt R
Matt RAU

Those horror stories about Jeep are still true

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Drive4WD
ads78
ads78AU

Nice SUV

The Jeep Compass is a nice SUV, For long traveling , this the SUV.
Really good on the NZ roads , the got lot of function.
For city run , high of the fuel ,but for long distance , really great.
Try this and you all will love it.
Good Luck..

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Alicia
AliciaBalwyn

Best purchase

I use my car for commuting and family transport
The back seats are wide enough to have two car seats and a person in the middle, I love the recline feature as well! The only thing I would like is air conditions vents in the rear as it can get a bit warm.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

staceychum
staceychumGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Okay had issues

Good car however I have had issues with the Jeep. Gear box went a week after I brought it brand new. Has it fixed and no issues since. I would buy a Jeep again maybe not a compass but defs a cherokkie. Been a great car and a good little zip around car

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedOct 2015
JEEPSTER
JEEPSTERBrisbane

Jeeps are better than critics say

TransmissionCVT
Date PurchasedApr 2014

I liked the car when I bought it. After one year of driving, one night one the busy freeway the car

Love the car, the Color is perfect, the exterior of the car is comfortable. The leg room at the back little bit tight. Running cost is more than I expected apart from the problem with safety than I don’t know how can be resolved if the service people don’t know what is wrong with the car. The car stops on the middle of the road with no warning losing the power. After may you 20 seconds starts again as nothing happened. Too dangerous to drive on the road especially on the freeway.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedDec 2014
Funny Bunny
Funny BunnyGold Coast

Superb Car

Just purchased 2013 Jeep Compass absolutely superb car, Performs and handles well nice and quite, has plenty of leg and head room and lots of gadgets i.e. sat nav, reversing camera, dash cam front and back, even has boom box speakers in the tailgate, it's reliable and very fuel efficient. Couldn't ask for a better driving experience cant wait to hit the open road.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Sharon C
Sharon CBrisbane

Very happy with this car.

For $10000 less then all the other SUV's we can't really fault this car. Bought as demo in 2013 it has been very reliable. Comfortable and still stylish looking. Cons- boot is small and it can be sluggish and thirsty on fuel however being that I am not a race car driver and I don't travel far it suits me fine. Had all the mod cons and easy to drive and park.

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Ananth
AnanthSYDNEY

Great Car! Excellent comfort! High Fuel Consumption!

Great powerful car, good torque and easy to drive. Decent interior, dash does look inferior but complete with required gadgets as needed, excellent NAV system, sufficient mp3s storage of 20GB inbuilt hard disk, ample of interior space with great legroom. Voice recognition for phone calls does have some drawbacks but isn't an issue if speak slowly. Great for long drives, trips and picnics. ample of room in the boot for camping, sporting or for just a weekend away. Love the purchased on a whole and the one thing I had to compromise with will be the high fuel consumption on Ron95 or Ron98! Otherwise it has been my best buy!

Date PurchasedJune 2016