JK, TJ, JL (See All)
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Jeep? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

NDD
NDD

Leaking faults.Terrible experience with FCA and dealerships

Wade
WadeMelbourne

Best car ever if you are a ‘car person’

Have had Jeeps going back to the YJ.
A lot of downsides if you are not going to actually use it off-road. But as soon as the tyres hit dirt, then it’s game on baby!

Also, you will be spending $$$ on mods!

David
DavidSouthwest, VIC

Luv Luv Luv it.

Used mostly around town and mostly just myself as a daily drive. It is a two door so short wheel base. Surprisingly nimble around town. Wife/passenger complains of harsh suspension.

Purchased in for $31,000.

seriola73
seriola73AU

good car let down by service

had this car since new and it turned me off the brand
the problems it had in the 8 years of ownership are beyond belief
it never stopped leaking water when it rains even after replacing all the seals twice
burns fuel like a cruise ship (16 lt/100 kms)on average
handling to the point of being dangerous
it brakes down every few months (oil cooler,radiator,various seals)
there is no drain plug to change the auto oil makes it an expensive job
brakes are only for show it needs about 150 metres to pull up from 60 k/hr
in general this car only looks good and attracts people loyal to the brand
i will never buy another

Purchased in for $52,000.

Nataliedith
NataliedithMelbourne

Love this car. It has its pros and cons but if you love easy servicing and adventure. It’s for you!

I use this car for a range of applications. Mine is a 2015 model unlimited. I do some 4wd, highway and town. I just love it! I do most of the servicing myself and it hasn’t missed a beat.
The things that aren’t great about it are:
It’s loud inside (I just turn up the radio!)
It handles like an old mountain goat- for the most part it’s great, don’t take it too fast around corners they are known to tip.
Their safety rating: it’s a death trap but I willingly take the risk because I love it
Insurance can be pricey so shop around.

Otherwise it’s a beast and I look forward to having it for many years

Purchased in at Chrysler Dealers for $30,000.

Di W
Di WSouth East Queensland, QLD

JEEP WRANGLERS X 2

We have 2 x TJ Wranglers in the family, a 1997 and a 2005, both modified for serious 4WD'ing, at which they absolutely excel themselves. They have both been fantastic vehicles, and just the best fun in the bush or city driving. Relatively easy to work on yourself, and when it's something we can't do, we always use an independent Jeep Specialist Workshop as opposed to a Dealership, because we find everything about them to be of a superior standard, at a greatly reduced price. This applies to all 4 of our family's Jeeps. We also source many parts & accessories from USA at great savings, as well as independent specialist Jeep parts sellers in Oz. Joining a Jeep Club to go 4WD'ing is great too.

david
davidSouth East Queensland, QLD

tj soft top wrangler. Fabulous.

has almost 400,000k on the clock. Twenty years old. Best car i have ever owned. Owned toyotas, nissans, landrovers. All good cars, but the jeep is my favourite. Have owned three. Theres just something about them.
I am obsessed with it. As Jeremy Clarkson said, 'they have a strong heart'

2022 ProductReview.com.au Car of the Year Awards

Car shopping made simple. Here are the best of the best.

Cameron S.
Cameron S.
This is an article about cars

This is the short description you see on the home page.

Joe98
Joe98Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I love my Jeep!

My wife, our friends and I are into bush walking. I needed a car that can do a little bit of off- roading. To my own surprise, I got a 2 door Jeep Wrangler! I love it. Great to drive both on road and off road.

We love to take the top off, even on a cold winters day! It has a terrific turning circle so it is easy to manouver in a car park. I have had it a year now and the first service has just been done. $330, fixed price for 5 years.

Wrangler drivers wave to each other and its just another reason to love it. If you have a family, you might want a 4 door.

I love my Jeep!

Purchased in for $55,000.

Gus
GusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best car i have ever owned!

If you want a car that is always an experience, not just something to get you from point A to point B. Mechanically the car is quite expensive to maintain, but worth every cent!

Purchased in at PrivateFleet for $18,500.

TimZed
TimZedSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’ll take you places you never thought you’d go!

Cons: it gets uncomfortable on long trips.
Pros: bulletproof off-road ability, retro looks, it’ll take you places you’ve never been before.
I’ve had mine three years and no problems at all. The only problem is deciding where to go next!

Purchased in at Jeep Dealers.

Matt P.
Matt P.Perth, WA

230k on the clock and still going strong

I use this car every day and goes off road at least one weekend a month. I haven't modified the engine in any way. The only issue I have had in 230k kms has been the 4wd transfer linkage and the plastic bushes. Only things I have changed on the car have been belts, oil, air filter. Only mods are a 2imch lift and bigger tyres. Most reliable car I have owned.
I don't take my car to the dealership to be serviced tho, since its double the price of every where else and they never seem to have parts.

Purchased in for $43,000.

Joey B
Joey BPerth

I absolutely love this car.

I use this car for local driving, longer distances driving and 4x4. Use it daily and needs to get serviced once a year. Not had any issues and still got a while to run on the warranty. I love the car, its fun to drive and you feel like a boss driving it. Cant get enough of it.

Purchased in for $33,000.

mark j.
mark j.Sydney, NSW

Was ok when standard

The car was ok when it was standard but not any more, I put in the most highly rated spring coils with Rancho shocks and it rode like a brick. The 8 ply all terrain light truck tyres did play a role however even with passenger tyres it was still bad

The take away from this message is i don't recommend this as a daily driver. Even when it is stock based on my experience. Especially if you have back pain. Will either buy an fj cruiser again or a prado 150.
I had a 2014 wrangler unlimited sport 4 door petrol, for an everyday car stick to independent suspension and not a live axle

Cody
CodySouthwest, VIC

I drive the jeep tj as a daily

By far the best car I've ever had and I've had a few different cars but the jeep tj cand and will take you anywhere you wanted to go and there so much fun

Purchased in for $80,008.

Andres P.
Andres P.South East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT, LOVE ME BACK

My jeep is a 2012 sport jk, I use it a lot, commuting, traveling, 4wding, shopping, city, beach driving.
Already has 140.000kms, no problems, it has been the most reliable car, I had to change the battery twice but in 7 years I think is fair. I service it regularly and look after it. Still drives like when I picked it up form the dealer.

Purchased in for $40.