Jeep Wrangler

• Features
  • Comfort
Gus

GusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best car i have ever owned!

If you want a car that is always an experience, not just something to get you from point A to point B. Mechanically the car is quite expensive to maintain, but worth every cent!

Purchased in April 2017 at PrivateFleet for A$18,500.00.

Year2010
TimZed

TimZedSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’ll take you places you never thought you’d go!

Cons: it gets uncomfortable on long trips.
Pros: bulletproof off-road ability, retro looks, it’ll take you places you’ve never been before.
I’ve had mine three years and no problems at all. The only problem is deciding where to go next!

Purchased in June 2017 at Jeep Dealers.

Year2017
Matt P.

Matt P.Perth, WA

230k on the clock and still going strong

I use this car every day and goes off road at least one weekend a month. I haven't modified the engine in any way. The only issue I have had in 230k kms has been the 4wd transfer linkage and the plastic bushes. Only things I have changed on the car have been belts, oil, air filter. Only mods are a 2imch lift and bigger tyres. Most reliable car I have owned.
I don't take my car to the dealership to be serviced tho, since its double the price of every where else and they never seem to have parts.

Purchased in March 2011 for A$43,000.00.

Year2011

Joey B

Joey BPerth

I absolutely love this car.

I use this car for local driving, longer distances driving and 4x4. Use it daily and needs to get serviced once a year. Not had any issues and still got a while to run on the warranty. I love the car, its fun to drive and you feel like a boss driving it. Cant get enough of it.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$33,000.00.

Year2017
mark j.

mark j.Sydney, NSW

Was ok when standard

The car was ok when it was standard but not any more, I put in the most highly rated spring coils with Rancho shocks and it rode like a brick. The 8 ply all terrain light truck tyres did play a role however even with passenger tyres it was still bad

The take away from this message is i don't recommend this as a daily driver. Even when it is stock based on my experience. Especially if you have back pain. Will either buy an fj cruiser again or a prado 150.
I had a 2014 wrangler unlimited sport 4 door petrol, for an everyday car stick to independent suspension and not a live axle

Purchased in June 2019.

Year2014
Cody

CodySouthwest, VIC

I drive the jeep tj as a daily

By far the best car I've ever had and I've had a few different cars but the jeep tj cand and will take you anywhere you wanted to go and there so much fun

Purchased in November 2013 for A$80,008.00.

Andres P.

Andres P.South East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT, LOVE ME BACK

My jeep is a 2012 sport jk, I use it a lot, commuting, traveling, 4wding, shopping, city, beach driving.
Already has 140.000kms, no problems, it has been the most reliable car, I had to change the battery twice but in 7 years I think is fair. I service it regularly and look after it. Still drives like when I picked it up form the dealer.

Purchased in June 2012 for A$40.00.

Year2012

Awesome car

My 2005 wrangler now has 180 000kms on the clock and is still an awesome car reliable as the day it was bought. Gets used everyday, great car to drive and I have never had any problems with it, the car is regularly serviced and well maintained by the agents. Probably the best 4x4 I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedMay 2005
Drive4WD
EO1

EO1Melbourne

Leaking car

We got a new 2018 wrangler JK as a new family car as we just had our first child. Mechanic wise, car drives well. It started off as just a door ajar issue. Got it fixed numerous times before it actually got fixed. One bad rainy day the top panel above the head unit started to leak. Sent it back to City’s jeep (mind you this was the 4th visit in 3 months of picking up the car). We’ve had the seals replaced and had the car sent there another 2 times. Today it’s just be taken back again with more leaking. We keep getting told by city Jeep the car is waterproof. However, the car can’t even withstand a little rain. The service department at City Jeep aren’t very helpful too. Starting to change our minds about the car....

BadgeGolden Eagle
Date PurchasedAug 2018
Drive4WD

Mic

Mic

Absolutely love this beast

Nice smooth drive with a 6 speed manual that keepsvthe revs down. Got the 70 year anniversary model with leather interior and it looks Mikky Mouse. Nice high ride, great flares and a pretty ballsy v6. Black on Black, all the fruit. Gunna try 4wd this weekend Wonnerup Beach. Giddiup.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
mitcho2au

mitcho2auBrisbane

Problems that can leave you stuck up the creek without a paddle

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Tim A

Tim A

Great little vehicle

Date PurchasedMar 2018
ArtAge Computers

ArtAge ComputersAU

perfect fot off roads

best purchase ever. no problems so far. done 30k. love my jeep. already been on beach and off road with lot of fun. she is heavy drinker and bit expensive to repair but car expert told me that first 150000km will be perfectly fine and will not be problem with regards to the engine.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Talreuse

Talreuse

Jeep Wrangler, Awesome!

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Telelynx

Telelynx

Not really a daily drive

The TJ Jeep isn't a WW2 jeep at all. It's a 1990s Cherokee with the skin resembling a CJ5. As such it's road manners aren't as crazy as they could be. The 4.0L engine is robust, smooth, loads of low down grunt and drinks fuel. They look great with the wet weather gear off, which is good in SA as it hardly ever rains, but it's fiddly to get back on. They are not reliable enough to circumnavigate Australia on a budget, an old Hilux would be better. Great for extreme off road, beach bashing and cruising the esplanade with a large dog in the back. Pre 2002 ish look better as they don't have proper doors :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Linzi

Linzi

Best purchase ever

Although the wrangler is a fuel guzzler, I feel so invincible in it. It’s easily the best car ive ever brought, I love that it’s completely versatile and convertible. So easy to take the front seat roof panels off, and quite easy to remove the hard top. Stereo is unreal, speakers in the roof. Love it

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Rebecca

RebeccaSydney, NSW

LEMON

This car is a lemon. But the four wheel driving experience was fun, performance was amazing, the car loves and was built to climb hills, out performs any other four wheel drive. Handling was controlled and steady. Noise was minimum. Easy to go over hills, mounds, rocks, water. Love the interior, heaps of legroom in the front, removable back seats for more room, unfortunately no boot room. Dashboard clean and looks amazing, really love the leather trim wheel and comfort is good. Reliability is terrible, major repairs.

Date PurchasedJul 2015
Saxon Keily

Saxon Keily

Great Car - one of the best

This was the 2nd Jeep we originally had a Cherokee but the Wrangler is even better. Lots of room, hard and soft top. Good on fuel and great for 4WD. OOnly one small issue is not a great turning circle. Will always recommend Jeep, we have now gone down to a sedan however have stuck with Chrysler, great cars

Date PurchasedNov 2011

Dee

Dee

good to upgrade

luv the jeep
it is not capable off road bone stock but because their is so many upgrades around it is real good once it is upgraded
when it is bone stock it is good for young kids looking for a p plate car, good to take your mates around and cruise round in the city, highly recommend

Badgeeadfasr
Date PurchasedOct 2015

MandK

MandKasked

JK Overland (2012-2020)

Wine has been accidentally spilt in the back of our brand new Jeep Wrangler JK Overland. It has run into the weather proof speaker and surrounding carpet, which we have been able to clean. However, 2 days later there is a strong rancid smell and we can't figure out where or how to get rid of it. Any suggestions?

MandK

MandKasked

JK Overland (2012-2020)

Wine has been accidentally spilt in the back of our brand new Jeep Wrangler Overland MY18. It has run into the weather proof speaker, which we have been able to clean out, and have pulled out the carpet, hosed it down and left it to dry in the sun before replacing it. However, there is still a very strong rancid smell and we can't figure out where and how to get rid of it. Any suggestions please?

Μαγια Μ.

Μαγια Μ.asked

JK Sport (2007-2020)

I have a wrangler jk 2.8 crd with 3 doors. model 2017-2008.
I did it a body lifting.. and I put on 33 inches of tires, the wheelbarrows and the wheelbarrows, what I want to learn is because it is flying me speeds mainly on the 1st, 3rd, it does not hold them and I have to have the hand on the levers of gears, mainly in an anomalous way. the chassis is handled
Ηere in Greece I put oil in the car AMSOIL SIGNATURE 5W-30. I would have to get what thick oil.
what do you suggest?
I have also heard that with body lifting the engine does not work properly, just like the axle that drives the rear wheels. is true.
i will wait for your reply. thank you