Jetstar Mastercard

See the Best Low Rate Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• Flexibility to choose between Jetstar Dollars or Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards

• Low 14.99% purchase rate

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

Cons

• $69 annual fee after the first year

• Relatively low QFF points earn rate (0.5 points per $1)

• $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

For Jetstar customers, this card offers two main benefits: earning points and avoiding booking fees. The big decision you'll have to make when applying is whether you want to earn Qantas Frequent Flyer (QFF) points or Jetstar Dollars. You cannot earn both at the same time.

Under the Jetstar Dollars program you'll earn 1 Jetstar Dollar for every $100 you spend on eligible purchases. For every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accumulate you'll be automatically sent a $100 Jetstar travel voucher. That means you need to spend $10,000 to receive a $100 travel voucher.

Under the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you'll earn 0.5 points per dollar spent on eligible purchases, and these come with the regular benefits and rules of the QFF program.

Finally, while the the annual fee is $0 for the first year, it goes up to $69 after that. Depending on how often you fly, this may not even cover your yearly flight booking fees. There are also several other cards which offer better QFF earn rates for a lower (or zero) annual fee.

Jetstar Mastercard - Jetstar Dollars Program

Jetstar Mastercard - Jetstar Dollars Program

Jetstar Mastercard - Qantas Frequent Flyer

Jetstar Mastercard - Qantas Frequent Flyer

No reviews
Pros
  • Low 14.99% purchase rate

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

• Low 14.99% purchase rate

• No booking fees on jetstar.com

Cons
  • $10,000 spend required to receive a $100 Jetstar travel voucher

• $69 annual fee after the first year

• Additional $30 Qantas Frequent Flyer joining fee

• Relatively low QFF points earn rate (0.5 points per $1)

• $69 annual fee after the first year

CategoryLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit CardsLow Rate Credit Cards, Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeMastercardMastercard
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000$2,000
Maximum Credit Limit $50,000$50,000
Minimum Income $30,000$30,000
Additional Cardholders 44
Additional Cardholder Fee $9 p.a.$9 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%2%
Rewards ProgramJetstar DollarsQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Conditions
  • 1 Jetstar Dollar per $100 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 500 Jetstar Dollars per year. Also, receive a $100 Jetstar Travel Voucher for every 100 Jetstar Dollars you accrue.

• 0.5 Qantas Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases

This is capped at 25,000 points per year.

Rates & Fees
Purchase Rate14.99% p.a.14.99% p.a.
Cash Advance Fee3%3%
Late Payment Fee$35$35
Annual Fee$69 p.a.$69 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%3%
Interest Free Period 55 days55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $0$0
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 14 months14 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.0% p.a.

rok

rokSydney, NSW

not worth the points

you dont get fair points value is what you get from this card. I felt that the card didnt give enough points for purchases so i feel its not fair to customers, will most likely find another card soon!

Card Start DateJune 2019
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

Good if you fly Jetstar

Good to use for grocery shopping etc. to rack up Jetstar rewards points. Great if you fly Jetstar as it means no booking fees and the savings can really add up.

Card Start DateApril 2015
Lucie

Lucie

Would rate zero stars if I could.

Never got $150 cashback as advertised. Customer service is a joke - have to re-explain your issue every time you call. They leave you messages to call them back and when you do no-one knows why you were called. Gave up in the end - $150 isn't worth the total of 7+ hours I spent on the phone with them trying to resolve it.

Main Point of ContactPhone
Mrtford

MrtfordGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Works like any other card but you are not going to get good customer service.

Basic card, good rewards if you travel but their service is based overseas, hard to understand etc. website is ok but often has errors. No extra features like Apple Pay or any apps to track transactions.

Card Start DateDecember 2006

Fred

FredGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good if you use it appropriately

The best thing about this card is if you spend $10000 you get a $100 Jetstar voucher. These rewards are better than many other cards as long as you want to travel. Annual fee isn't too bad. Though I pay it off each month they gave me a low limit and I accidently went over twice and they gave me a fee but then took it off. Third time they kept it. Can't complain. You can make it so you can't go over which is what I have done.Just make sure you keep within the limits and pay it off each month and it's fine.

Card Start DateOctober 2018

Tom

TomSydney, NSW

Points OK customer service v.poor

Renato_A

Renato_AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Superb Card. Especially If You Use Jetstar.

Darren

DarrenDaylesford

Dont trust this company in any way !

They are the lowest of low,they harassed me at the lowest moment of some horendous health issues,with no compassion or interest in helping me or the situation,do yourself a favour and have nothing at all to do with them.....and pray uou dont EVER have serious health issues and seek any help

Tom

TomMelbourne

Not customer focused - very scripted responses

Ok till they changed the website layout

The change in 2018 to a 'wealth management' website beggars belief. People using a CC are not managing their retirement portfolio they just want to monitor their spending. After a while I worked out how to customise so I can review recent purchases but on top of the reduced point earn rate it frustrates me so I'm leaving.

Don't bother waste of time!!

I applied for a jetstar mastercard. I was told to contact them though my income good. I did and was told someone would contact me. No did not happen! I then got a letter to contact them as they have tried to contact me LIE i never got a miss call i rang them as i got a letter my application was suspended i was told by a foreigner on the other end that my application was cancelled 3 days prior to date of letter. I have a good credit rating!! Fly Jetstar often! Found this service PATHETIC!!! Not happy!!!

Rip off!

1. Closed my account only to get a bill 1 mth later for a subscription charge that should never have gone through on a closed account.

2. Overpaid my account to close it out and coincidentally they charged me more interest which just happened to be the exact amount to the cent that I overpaid.

How do they get away with it??

EmMc

EmMcSydney

Shocking service

One of the worst customer service experiences I have encountered on any product. Impersonal, unhelpful and possess no knowledge about the card and the company. Obviously using a call centre for enquiries even if you are a current card holder. When they need to get in touch with you for any reason they will call repetitively at all hours of the day and night and never leave a voicemail indicating you you need to get in contact with. trying to cancel as soon as possible but is also proving to be a nightmare. Never get this card. The fee paid on every fight booking is well worth not having to deal with this company.

Ralph

DaveDarwin

Amazingly bad

Caramello

Caramello

Don't even bother applying, completely unreliable, untruthful and a nightmare to deal with.

Terrible Card

Got card approved for with a transfer. After 2 weeks and only 2 transactions (and still a 35% to my credit limit), I was told that my card has been blocked due to their responsible lending criteria. Seriously? with no bad credit and a 35% away from my card limit? And what happen to my annual card fee that they deducted but not letting me use the card - Used many different credit cards over many many years but never had such an insult. Don't use this card, and good luck if you rely it on a holiday when they can at anytime with no reason block your usage and getting stuck overseas.

Alexasked

Does the Jetstar MasterCard have a mobile app?

Royce
Royce

Not sure as I gave completing the application. They are the worst card provider I have ever dealt with.

Alex

Thanks for the helpful answer Royce...

David
David

I don't believe so

nothappyasked

I recently applied for the jetstar promotion master card 25,000 points and received a email confirming the application asking for proof of income to be sent to complete the application.
But when i went to send the proof of income i could not find the email from Jetstar to reply nor could I find the original application email I had sent initially?? They had both disappeared and make me wonder if there is a scam at work?

I phoned 1300 150 100 they were reluctant to look up my application and kept saying just send your proof of payment, i asked for the email to be resent they said they could not resend it?

I am reluctant to follow through as I find it very strange that both Jetstar emails could Vanish from my inbox and sent mail !!
Anyone else having the same problem, i'm worried the information sent is being scammed.

J_sh
J_sh

I think Macquarie Bank are running a scam which just serves to reinforce their image, which makes the public image of used car sales people look angelic.

The cost of these promotions QFF point promotions is the cash MacqB has to pay Qantas to buy the points and they have worked out that by dragging out the process so as to delay one being able to use the card before the promotion closes they need not buy any points at all, yet they still pocket the annual fees. This is deceptive advertising in my view.

Then they also have all this financial information about people and heaven knows what use they make of that, they may well sell that to other organisations. All that nonsense about can't send an email in this day and age is lie.

This is an all too common experience as documented on Product Review plus others e.g. Mozo.

nothappy

Thankyou. I have hesitated continuing my application as I feel unsure of the overseas help?
Plus making payments internet for me seems daunting. I must say though as far as Jetstar itself we have no complaints.
I feel concerned for the future generations trusting and selling their soul to unknown identities.
It is a difficult web to avoid, which has introduced an insatiable greed to the world.
Yet now that the internet horse has bolted only time will determine its outcome. We can only brace ourselves for a rough ride sadly some more than others.

Get an answer from our members and Jetstar representatives