Kmart Oscillating Fan Heater

Kmart Oscillating Fan Heater

MPN: FH221B

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.1

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed3/5 - 5/5 (7)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smell Yes (4) · No (3)
Sylvia

SylviaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Caught fire! Cheap chinese rubbish!

Started well. Heated room quite quickly. BUT 2 months later I switched it on and within one minute a jet of flame 20cm long came out the front. If I had been out of the room for just 5 minutes I could have had a major fire. Never again.

Purchased in May 2020 at Kmart for A$20.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Good value for money

Very satisfied. Great value for money. Heats really fast and it’s not too loud. But it’s possessed ! It keeps oscillating when it’s turned off. I would definitely still recommend it.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$20.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Nicole LimSydney, NSW

Great value.. but did not last the entire winter

The heating is incredible for a heater of this price. I have no issue heating up my apartment room at all. I may have abused it too much.. I had it on all the time and it stopped working after two months. Likely to get a replacement next year and hopefully it'll last longer!

Hetti Arachchige V A.

Hetti Arachchige V A.

Excellent and worth the price!

I bought a K-Mart Oscillating Fan Heater (FH221B) for this winter, just for 20 AUD. Its really worth for small rooms and heats up quickly. Can operate 5/10 minutes and switch off. If the doors are shut, heat is preserved. Recommended. Initially, you will get a smell, yet fades away withing 2/3 minutes. (barely noticeable )

Purchased at Kmart for A$20.00.

Jeanie K.

Jeanie K.Sydney, NSW

Good bargain for a fan and heater

This heater works perfectly fine in heating up my room, which should be noted is quite small, but for the price, i have no problems with it whatsoever. Two weeks ago, the weather is quite cold and this heater does it's job well i dare say. The heat does increase when I adjust for it to increase although i have to say that the increase in heat is hardly noticeable if i only increase it by a small fraction, but otherwise it's all good. For the price, i would say this heater is quite a bargain since we got a heater and a fan in one item, which means that i can use it during both the hot and cold seasons. So far, i found this heater to be working really nicely and will continue to use it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$20.00.

Jona C.

Jona C.

Good for the price!

My apartment room is relatively small. Works well during the winter days and it has 2 heat options and another fan option. It is very versatile and the oscillating function works glamorously. If you have extra $5 to spend then definitely get the oscillating version.

Purchased in April 2019 at Kmart for A$20.00.

Sarah

Sarah

Heats a whole room in minutes

Needed a small heater for freezing winter nights since the gas bills were getting too expensive with the ducted heating. This little beauty is perfect for anyone on a budget, heats up a whole room in minutes and has minimal energy usage! A bit loud at times but for something small and cheap it's worth it

Purchased in May 2018 at Kmart.

Room Type Large Bedroom and Small Bedroom
Dazzla85

Dazzla85South West, WA

Seems ok but not perfect

Works well as a typical fan heater, slightly louder than our previous Arlec 2000w. One annoying thing is it keeps oscillating even when thermostat shuts off the fan and heater. And makes a rickety noise as it keeps turning back and fourth. You can turn oscillation function off with a seperate switch. I think the oscillation should stop also when thermostat cuts the heater out.

Purchased in March 2019 at Kmart Retail Stores for A$20.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area
Liz S

Liz SMelbourne

Getting me through the winter in my office!

Pretty happy with this little heater! My colleague & I are stuck in a freezing part of our office and decided to buy this heater for our area. We were really pleasantly surprised!
It has a rotation setting so it spreads the warmth around rather than just being directed in one place. It also has different heat settings.
It’s quite powerful and warms us up in a matter of minutes! Would recommend.
It’d also be great in the bathroom if you get cold coming out of the shower!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Find out how Kmart Oscillating Fan Heater compares to other Electric Heaters

Great bang for your buck

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Stoney

StoneyBrisbane

Works well, used in office

This fan works really very well. We keep it under our desk in our non heated office, and it keeps the chill off the person sitting at the front desk.
It's not too noisy when on the phone, and blows a constant warm stream of air. Happy with purchase, would buy again when the times comes.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Madhuri

MadhuriSydney, NSW

Efficient heater

Efficient heater works fast and well, the only things that I am not happy is the noise, When I am watching TV with the heater on at night I need to increase the volume and my kids are asleep next door. I guess that could potentially be the problem with all fan heaters, Also makes my face red if I n=sit directly opposite the heater for too long. It is very inexpensive and looks stylish enough.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sam

SamGosford

1000000% PERFECT

This product i bought from my local Kmart last year, I can’t imagine my life without this heater!
This heater heats up our whole house in under half an hour, it’s even better at 4:30am when getting up for work.
100% recommend this product to family and friends or to anyone because it is absolutely amazing

Date PurchasedAug 2016
christine.zajecgmail.com

christine.zajecgmail.comNewcastle

Heater

Overall not a bad heater..I leave it on all night it heats the room well but utilities more power.its a good size looks good and blends in with my bedroom. .The price is right value for money .Would i buy another no in view of it using lots of power.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
James

James

Great value for price

Hi I bought this heater for $20 from Kmart and I'm very happy with it. It works great and there's nothing wrong with it, heats up quickly and makes almost no sound. Heats up very hot too, also works as a fan. Very great value for price from Kmart. Cheers

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jochan

JochanPerth

Good.

I can't remember exactly how much it was but this is a small heater that I can take with me anywhere I go. When I am in the study room I keep it near me & when I move to my bedroom I take it with me. It's really convenient!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Lee

LeeNSW, 2560

Ok for small area

Good little heater for a small area. I use mine in the bathroom. Would be fine for a bedroom. You certainly wouldn't use it to heat whole house but these small heaters are not meant for that anyway. The downside to this heater is the noise it makes. If you were to use it in a bedroom it might keep you awake.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Eliza

ElizaAdelaide

Right size, right price & enough heat.

I simply love K-Mart Oscillating Fan Heater as it is just perfect for my small bedroom. I do not want a bulky heater as I do not have a lot of space in my room and this small fan heater is just ideal. On top of that it is with reasonable price & my room is always warm in winter with the heat from the fan heater. Lastly, I do not mind a little noise from the fan heater as I am use to the noise from the street.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Prater

PraterBrighton

Love it!

Our two bedroom place is always freezing in winter! We bought this heater two months ago and use it everyday! We love it! It can heat up a room pretty fast! It's a little loud but great for keeping you warm. The price is cheap and does the job you need!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Reev

ReevGold Coast

Way too loud and you have to be up close.

This heater is very loud, almost so loud that we can't watch a movie without turning it off haha especially right now when its freezing during winter this can get very annoying. In my study room this works well but when we put it out in the living room it hardly gets the room warm. We have to put it on the coffee table n more than 1 meter away from us during the winter.

Date PurchasedNov 2016