On Cart, Stand Alone

4.2

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (3) · No (0)
  • Safety
dDerDol M.

dDerDol M.Sydney, NSW

Can't get parts

Bought a Kamado Joe Classic and used for a while until the heat deflector cracked.
On to the shop to buy the replacement.
Ordered 6 months ago and still not received.
Rumour tells me that the heat deflectors are now discontinued.
What? This thing cracks so easily but discontinued?
People who wants KJ, think twice.

Purchased in November 2019.

Good product but poor support

We bought a Kamado Joe for indirect cooking including smoking. Heat control is easy and does the job perfectly until the head deflector broke for no reason.
I contacted BBQ Galore but they are out of stock.
I contacted Kamado Joe in the States. Out of stock!
My Kamado Joe is sitting in my yard cold and getting dust. It's been 3 months now!
Checking the internet and realised that breaking these ceramic heat deflectors are common event!

Dan

DanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Idea with Fundamental Flaw

I've used mine around 5 times now. Ceramic casing works great. Don't think I've been able to recreate the heat levels in my old gas and metal weber bbq. Great for grilling and roasting as well
Only thing that bugs me is the hinge design. Metal springs adjacent to a heat source will lose its hold and eventually the lid needs to be propped up which is not provided.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $800.00.

Edith

EdithSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Bbq

So easy to use takes time to get use to controlling the temp and knowing how much coal to use. Best tasting meat in thus bbq. Purchased for my hubbys bday. Use it every weekend. Easy to keep clean.

Purchased in August 2019 at Barbeques Galore for $1,319.12.

Brigida

BrigidaGippsland, VIC

Great Charcoal BBQ

Me and my husband bought this item after our wedding as our friends give us $500 vouchers from BBQ's Gallore. This BBQ can cook anything, tried cooking pizza, but get burnt mostly the crust, I still can't estimate the temperature and time as we are still practicing, but very good on char grilled meat, cook meat deliciously, tender and juicy. Good BBQ except I think it's too over priced.

Purchased in November 2018 at Barbeques Galore for $1,999.00.

Willyeckerslike

WillyeckerslikePerth, WA

The Perfect BBQ

This for me is the perfect bbq. It can do everything very very well. It takes a bit of getting used too but once you master getting the temperature you can do just about anything in it from brisket to chicken to the best pizzas I have ever had. The ceramic liner means that this can hold temperature for hours and hours without continually adding coals. Because it retains the heat so well you don't have to use as many coals as other bbqs. Highly recommend getting one of you love bbq food but hate babysitting the bbq. Set and forget!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Kim2040

Kim2040Sydney, NSW

We use it more then the oven in the kitchen

We honestly use this more then we use our kitchen now . The flapvurband the ease of use is amazing this BBQ holds temp for hours on end and we don't need to constantly chrkc on it. It really is set and forget. It's the best for low and slow cooking and overnight cooks

Date PurchasedJan 2018
dave and christine

dave and christinemelbourne

Love this bbq

We won this bbq in a competition and absolutely love it. From smoking trout to slow cooked brisket we have not had a fail. We have had this bbq for about 4 months and have used nearly every weekend since. Roast lamb and pork are Devine. Experimenting with different meat rubs and smoking chips is fun and flavourful. It took some time to learn to control the temperature but once mastered we very rarely use our kitchen oven. One accessory we would recommend is a duel probe wireless thermometer to monitor meat internal temp and bbq temp. Would highly recommend a kamado Joe anytime.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Desoz

DesozAU

You really can't beat a charcoal BBQ

Whilst our gas BBQ is great, you just can't beat the taste of a proper charcoal BBQ.

We got a Kamado Joe really because of how they look. For our use, I'm sure a Weber would do the job just as well.\

We just to basic BBQing - light the coals, leave them for a bit then throw the food on. However for keen BBQers this thing can do all kinds of fancy stuff. There is an instruction book that tells all.

It's really easy to clean, I just clear out the old coals, clean the wire cooking surface and let the heat of the new coals do the rest when lighting.

And most importantly.... anything cooked on this BBQ tastes fantastic!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Gary C

Gary C

Great barbie!

Bought the 'inferior model' from Barbeques Galore, and simply purchased the 'divide & conquer' rack and heat diffusers. Total package was a lot less expensive than the standard model, but with the same functionality. The egg itself is exactly the same.
Have cooked/smoked a 7.2kg ham, and done several BBQ's. Easy to light, easy to operate, and the food tastes so much better than on a gas BBQ.
Overall quality seems very good, and it looks good too. At $800 it seems so much better value than the Weber kettle at $549, with the bonus it can smoke food & retain temperature for up to 16 hours.
Would definitely purchase again.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

THE BEST BBQ EVER

Date PurchasedNov 2016
JM

JMPerth, WA

Outstanding

We have had ours for about 5 years and it's a dream.
They are easy to use, slow cook meat is my fav.
Easy to clean, just ramp up the temp and it's a relaxing way to cook.
Looks great too.
Only use nice chunky lumps and avoid heat beads, they will just turn into lots of ash.
Pretty much a weber on steroids.

PBee

PBeeAdelaide

How did I live without this?

paulpowell3540

paulpowell3540Perth, WA

Great thing

Agree with all in previous review.......this thing gets to 700c.
It performs as a tandoor if you use long skewers inserted in thetop air vent
As good a tandoori chicken as you will get outside Mumbai!
Use only real lumpwood charcoal.......forget heat beads

DC