9Weber Kettle Series

Dennis W.Sydney, NSW6 posts
Dani
Dani3 posts

Love my Weber

Absolutely love our new Weber. Have already used it for slow cooking short ribs and high heat for charcoal chicken.
Was a little tricky to put together but now it feels sturdy and is easy to clean Show details ·  1
Byron
ByronWestern Australia5 posts

Manufacturer issue not replacable

Manufacturer issue with legs and its not covered. I wouldn't buy this junk again! Legs gave way trying to move it down a ramp with a 20kg piece of meat Show details
Weber
Weber   DM
Cam
CamDarwin, NT3 posts

Great product

I bought a Weber Kettle at Christmas time and despite its basic concept they are extremely versatile in what they can do - low and slow, hot and fast, smokey, grill, roast - it does it all. Does anyone know if you can get a cover for these kettles? As I want to protect it from the elements. Show details ·  1
George W.
George W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Great weber with the Olive Pip briquettes

I have been doing bbq's for years and love my Weber, this is my second weber and I recently discovered a bbq briquette made from olive pips, no fumes, no chemicals and the heat lasted well, I purchased these from my local butcher in Adelaide. Show details ·  2
Graeme W
Graeme W

The test of time

I got my Webber for my 21st birthday, I’m now 56 and still use it nearly every weekend. I love the snake method low and slow for pork shoulder and ribs Show details ·  1
kristieread
kristiereadSydney, NSW12 posts
  Verified Kettle Original 57cm

Great quality

I purchased this BBQ for my husband as a gift. It is fantastic quality (that you would expect from Weber) and cooks food beautifully. It has a wide range of accessories available and you can cook so many different things on it...... even does great pizza on a pizza stone. Easy to clean and copes well out in the weather with a cover over it. We had a cheap kettle BBQ prior to the Weber and the quality and finished product is far superior. Definitely worth the extra money. Show details
Butler Y.
Butler Y.Sydney, NSW2 posts
  Original Premium

Lasted 10 years and still going strong!!!!

Nothing beats a nice wagyu steak on a weber bbq, I've had mine for over 10 years and it must have done hundreds of bbq's during that time. It's literally unbreakable, I just keep it outside where it bears the brunt of rain, hail and sun without any problems.
I've fed over 30 people at a time, I recommend using real wood coal rather than bbq briquettes because you can definitely taste the difference. Show details
nick.wakeford
nick.wakefordPerth, WA3 posts

After almost 50 years still the best

Still a fantastic product despite only minor changes, over the last few decades. Yes loved the old wood handles - but they did rot, so okay with the new ones.
If you want a charcoal bbq that will do everything from low and slow, to super hot steering you can not go wrong with a Weber Kettle.

While it might be slightly more than similar items from cometitors - it comes with a 10Y warrenty, with excellent customer service - and will last a life time. Show details

trev
trevWestern District, VIC12 posts

great purchase

got sick of the traditional gas bbq and decoded to try a kettle charcoal bbq instead and are more than glad that i did,the food tastes more like that true bbq taste.after using it was easy to clean and store away. great it you want a more portable bbq to take to the beach ect. and the wind wont blow it out either.it arrived in a timely manner in perfect condition more than pleased with my purchase

alexcjwalsh
alexcjwalshSydney, NSW22 posts

Everything tastes great cooked on the Weber! Very Hardy, no maintenance

Can cook anything and everything on the Weber, especially low and slow meats like beef jerky or kleftiko lamb. Indirect heat method or direct method of cooking simply achieved, just move charcoal baskets under the grill. No maintenance required for any of it yet after 17 years! Simply constructed. Very robust. Ash is simple to remove, just pull lever side to side. Did buy a cheap cover to throw over during winter months which has been replaced a few times.

RimmaPerth, WA10 posts
  Compact

Good

I bought it for my husband in 2000 and still work now. Made beautiful BBQ. Easy to wheel it everywhere you want to be, easy to clean the cold ashes from the burnt charcoal. The only complaint I had when I clean the grill, make sure you clean after every use so the dirt not build up and make sure you have big kitchen sink to wash it.

michael78perth
michael78perthPerth, WA40 posts
  Compact

Good portable and easy to use kettle bbq

Overall it's a good and easy to use kettle BBQ which does what it's meant to do. A few perks I really like and the vent controls on the lid and bottom of the BBQ to control air flow and heat, there's a hook so you can put the lid on the side of the BBQ while grilling. It's fairly decent sized so you can put quite a few things on it to cook. The only negative is its quite hard to clean and will require a good scrubbing after each use.

Bluesman58
Bluesman58Richmond4 posts
  Original Premium

Inherited this - love it!

I inherited (nicked) this from the old man. It's at least 15 years old I think because I remember it when I was a kid and they have not changed at all. Gave it a clean up and bought some charcoal - 20 minutes late BBQ heaven. Smokey and delicious like I remember. This is the way to go people, gas barbies are not REAL barbies!

15litre
15litreMalvern4 posts

Real BBQ flavor maker!

I am abig Weber fan and the real charcoal kettles are my favorite Weber's . Sure, yes, they take longer to get going and even a bit of skill and experience to use properly but they REALLY pay you back with flavor in the long term. BBQ is well made from quality metals and should last many years!

Show details ·  1

Karen T. · Kettle Original Premium

Has anyone tried to cart the bbq in a sedan and home after using it? I am not sure if it will be too hot for too long after use and if it will even fit in my boot as its all screwed together.. mmm thinking?

Weber
Weber   DM
Karen T.

Thanks Weber team, I chose the CUBE by Heston Blumenthall and it was perfect for a compact beach bbq.

Jack
Jack · Kettle Compact

How many people is this 47cm suitable for

Rimma

Hi Jack, mine one is 67cm, and feeds 10 person (this depend how big eater they are). My friend had the one 47cm and feeds 5 to 7 people. Hope this help.

CHUBBA · Kettle Compact

Haven't had a Weber Compact Kettle for a number of years,(Not sure if they still make them) and have missed it, as it was a brilliant performer.

Last one we had was RED, and was given away when we last moved house, and therein lies the problem, the Mrs wants another RED one. Any Ideas, ??

Chef28anzac
Chef28anzac

The only way to get one would be second hand,gumtree or eBay but would be very rare to find a red compact that said I've got a brand new one never used (black) for sale

CHUBBA

Thank you for your reply. Rare indeed in red. Unfortunately Black does not cut it with the Mrs, but thanks for the offer,

Cheers

Chubba

Pommy Nigel
Pommy Nigel

Mate never come across any colour but black suggest contact webber

Compare all Weber Kettle Series listings
CategoryCharcoal BBQsCharcoal BBQsCharcoal BBQsCharcoal BBQs
Price (RRP) $219$429$329$499
TypeFreestandingFreestandingFreestandingFreestanding
Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialSteelSteelSteelStainless Steel
FeaturesGrill, Hooded and On WheelsGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature GaugeGrill, Hooded, On Wheels and Temperature Gauge
Dimensions 980 x 560 x 630 mm1070 x 650 x 670 mm1003 x 572 x 635 mm1070 x 650 x 720 mm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlackBlackBlack