Go-Anywhere, Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (6) · No (1)
  • Safety
Techy Guy

Techy GuySouth East Queensland, QLD

Is this the perfect portable charcoal BBQ? Probably

Purchased in January 2020 at Catch for $110.00.

That bloke again ..

That bloke again ..North West, QLD

Love it!

Bought this mainly because the Weber Q2200 doesn't do low temp cooking.. it's awesome to cook ribs etc. Can't fault it!
Easy clean,and hasn't caught fire!
The handles had the wrong screws ( added some little washers) , but it is Chinese. So no biggie. Very good product!

Purchased in September 2020 for $129.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear you're loving your Go-Anywhere Barbecue.

Jungle

JungleRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Don’t Listen to the negative reviews

Great little charcoal bbq & totally worth the small price. Don’t listen to the people who say that it goes out - They obviously don’t know what they are doing. Cooking with charcoal takes a bit of getting used to. I’ve been grilling and doing long slow 8 hr cooks on this thing with great results for a couple of years now. Super efficient on charcoal and very portable.

Purchased in June 2017 at Barbeques Galore for $160.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Jungle, thanks for your great review! We're so happy to hear that you're loving your Smokey Joe! If you're looking for more inspiration for new cooks, then check out our recipes here: https://www.weber.com/AU/en/recipes/weber-31811.html

A_Nother_Consumer

A_Nother_ConsumerPerth, WA

25 years old and still going strong

I've had my Go Anywhere for almost 20 years now and it's still as good as the day I got it. Great for small roasts, steaks, smoking fish, chicken wings, even small pizzas. Great in all weather however if it's windy you need to shelter it to retain the heat. Nothing better than cooking over charcoal. I love this thing almost as much as my 1985 Weber Kettle BBQ. Typical well built Weber quality.

Purchased in June 2002 at Kmart Retail Stores for $50.00.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Thanks for your review. We're happy to hear you are loving your Go-Anywhere and we hope it continue to serves you for more years to come!

Techy Guy

Techy GuySouth East Queensland, QLD

Not a closed grill BBQ

Purchased in January 2019 at Catch for $109.00.

Don't you love your J.

Don't you love your J.Sydney, NSW

Great Bbq

Portable and light weight great for grilling or roasting over coals , perfect steaks , grilled prawns i have even cooked a small leg of lamb in this little beauty , you will not be dissapointed

Purchased in March 2016 for $50.00.

Brendan

Brendan

A great cooker but beware and be gentle

A word of warning. Just be careful when trying to place the lid on its bracket. The second time I used it, I must of pushed the lid too hard trying to feel for the bracket and then the whole bbq fell off the table onto my deck hot coals and all. I may have to practice this manoeuvre but it is a bit unsteady on its bracket legs.

Purchased in May 2019.

Alyce

AlyceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very cute sized bbq

The size & portability of the BBQ is very user friendly. However, it seems like it takes a long time to heat up food with the coal as it is so far away from the grill. When you try to cook the food by putting the lid on, the fire just goes out. We tried to use it once but it took so long we ended up taking the food back to cook on the pan in the kitchen. We have yet to use it again.

Purchased in July 2018.

Faye

Faye

Amazing

It’s small
Easy to clean
Easy to store
Great to take to the beach or on a boat great taste from the food cook beef lamb pork roast and it’s been amazing only no issues have come up yet the best this is bbq looks more expensive that what it is great value for money

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Eleni C.Albany

Brilliant little BBQ

Received this as a Christmas present and have used it a couple times camping. It takes a little while to get hot but once its going it brilliant for cooking food and keeping warm. We cooked everything on this weber and had no problems at all. It's really good at retaining heat and every morning the coals would still be hot making breakfast nice and easy. Due to the simple design of the weber it is really easy to clean and its compact design is really handy if you don't have much space when camping.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Milo

MiloSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it

Love my recently purchased portable smokey joe bbq. Went into the store and fell in love with it , great quality, perfect size for a family gathering at home or at the park. Fits in the boot easy. Quality is worth paying, i got it on special at the time.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Zoe

ZoeBalwyn

Love it!

Love my Smokey Joe. We moved from the country to a small city apartment and I missed BBQ's soooo much, the stove top just isn't the same. This is so easy to use for basic snags and burgers and my partner has smoked some amazing meats using this. We only have a very small balcony but Smokey Joe has allowed us to be able to BBQ regardless of living in a small apartment with no back yard.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Ross

Ross

Excellent coal fired BBQ - love it

Really good BBQ. The handles make it very easy to carry. The rectangular shape makes it large enough to feed 6 people comfortably. Unlike the kettle version, it is packable to include all the equipment (i.e. tongs, knife, coal) within it and folds together in one easy pack. The design also makes it easy to light as the coals receive sufficient oxygen. This is my favourite coal style portable bbq that I have ever owned.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

maxpickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

fantastic little bbq

we have had ours for close to 20 years it is the first model with wood handles but the rest of the bbq is the same and we sill love it we have cooked snags to roast lamb and the flavour was to die for. if i ever needed to replace it i would look no further than weber
Max

Date PurchasedMar 1998
Marko

MarkoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Weber lives up to the reputation

Well designed and tough.
Easy to clean and able to cook 5kg off meat in one go.
Good replacement to my old charcoal BBQ which has fallen apart. I suggest to clean it fill with coal and leave in the boot off your car. You will be able to cook in 30 minutes.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Pickers

PickersMelbourne

Love This BBQ

This completely suits me as I have limited space and I love traditional barbecues. I can get the juiciest most perfectly cooked steaks on this. I just cant see how a gas one could ever come close. I enjoy the routine of getting the charcoal fired up and relaxing with a coldie until the temperature is just right. It is small and packs away neatly when i am done. Top little barbie.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Snake

SnakeGold Coast

One of the family

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Ryan

Ryan

This is perfect

This product is really too good.
It is not a big barbecue, but it doesn't bother to use it lightly with my friends.
Others don't know, but it's hard to clean the glass plate, so I buy the glass plate in Daiso and use it and throw it away.^^
I want to use a new one, but it's a secret that it's not broken.

Date PurchasedDec 2010
Josh

JoshToowoomba

Great, but expensive

Bought a jumbo joe as a gift and will now buy one for myself. Good construction, small enough to easily move/store/clean, but big enough to do roasts on. Handy that the lid can rest in the handle while cooking as a sort of wind shield. Weber are really the only choice for (decent) charcoal cookers in Australia which I guess is why they are hideously overpriced

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Min Ai

Min AiSydney, NSW

The perfect carry on accessory for any picnic

Such a portable BBQ where you can put the beads and everything is contained. Food is amazing with coal cooking as usual. Found that you can't overload with beads or it gets way to hot and good stats to burn easily. But if you control the amount of beads, it's a perfect BBQ

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Faypaasked

Go-Anywhere

I'm just wondering can this unit be used indoors. thinking here of when the power goes out. I don't really have an outdoor area that I cna stand it on to use.

Absolutely

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Faypa, thanks for your question. We highly recommend against using any of our barbecues inside and in particular charcoal barbecues. Charcoal barbecues produce large amounts of carbon monoxide which can be fatal if not in a properly ventilated area.

Being a portable barbecue, hopefully you're able to find a place that is outdoors (like a park or beach where bbq is permitted) to take the unit should you need to barbecue.

Faypa

Thanks for your reply Weber Barbecues I might buy one off the ones with legs then as I dont have a car and really wanted a small one for home use.

Rachel Masked

Go-Anywhere

Would the Weber Baby Q accessories such as the breakfast & roasting packs be suitable for use with the Weber Go Anywhere? I saw on the instructions that fatty meats such as sausages should be cooked in cast iron cookware instead of directly over the rack & coals & wondered whether these are compatible.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Rachel, I think it would be down to personal preference on how you want your sausages cooked, but those accessories should fit in the Go Anywhere barbecues.

Rachel M

Thank you for responding.

Oxford

Oxfordasked

Go-Anywhere

Can it be used for 1 or 2 people and can the fuel be snuffed out for use next time? Cheers!

maxpick

i have never done it but would think that it would be hard to snuff out even when you close it completely it still keeps burning
and by the time you have cocked a roast chook there is not much fuel left to save
hope this helps regards max

Eleni C.

Yes it cooks for two people easily!! Once it gets going it cooks food really quickly. We always had coals left in the morning after use. We did small stuff like steaks and sausage so not sure how it would go on a roast.

Weber Barbecues A.Weber

Hi Oxford, you definitely should be able to! Especially if you're using our Weber BBQ Briquettes, as they are hot enough and long-lasting to be used in multiple cooks :)

See all Weber Portable Charcoal Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Weber representatives

Compare all 3 Weber Portable Charcoal Series

Cooking Plate / Grill MaterialSteelSteelSteel
FeaturesGrill and HoodedGrill and HoodedGrill and Hooded
Colour / FinishBlackBlackBlack
Dimensions 369 x 534 x 310 mm432 x 361 x 369 mm500 x 500 x 520 mm
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Release dateSept 2007Sept 2007