7Karicare Soy

Easy to PrepareYes · No
Caused Unease / Sickness Yes · No
3.5

NewLuHunter Region, NSW2 posts

It does taste like potatoes

I was hoping this would be helpful. My baby is extremely gassy. I have read soy can help if there’s lactose intolerance. Both me and my husband have lactose intolerance and I am concerned I passed it on. I tasted this to see why he rejected it so profusely. It honestly tastes like brown potato skin. I have had a hard time with bottle aversion but now he is rejecting formula because they make him sick or cause pain from gas. I wish I could get my money back. He drank half a mil if that and was absolutely repulsed and I don’t blame him. Show details
Hollynow
Hollynow2 posts

Great formula for CMPA

Our 9 month old has CMPA and he loved this from the first bottle we gave him. I wish I’d tried it a lot sooner.
Dissolved well and no weird flavour.  Show details
Rack
RackSydney, NSW2 posts

Worked for milk allergy but made baby constipated

My baby has a milk allergy so tried this brand. He didn’t have any allergy reactions taking it which was good but it did make him really constipated. It does taste very bland compared to other formulas. Show details
Karicare   DM

Hi Rack, Please call us at the Nutricia Careline so we can help advise on the best milk for baby. ph 1800 438 500. Sue Nutritionist.

Jess
JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA60 posts

Kat AAU15 posts

Looking for a vegan alternative! This works great

My daughter loves this formula! We’ve had no issues from the very beginning. Easy transition from breastfeeding.

It’s very sneaky that companies implement milk within our baby formulas knowing that dairy is terrible for our gut health, let alone newborn babies. I’m glad I’ve come across this.

Easy purchase from coles too. Very affordable

KJB
KJBMelbourne7 posts

Good but lumpy

We started using this formula because of a suspected cows protein allergy and some pretty horrible eczema. Since using it he has stopped vomiting and his eczema has largely cleared up. The only problem with the formula is that I can’t seem to make it without getting lumps which inevitably block the test, so I have been straining it every time I make it.

Abe Steel
Abe SteelCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good, but stinky poohs

We found that our child enjoyed this formula, and was a good substitute for dairy (which seemed to effect his skin), but man does it make the poohs stinky! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Georgina P
Georgina P2 posts

Great alternative to cows milk

Just started trying the new formula for my 9mth old with dairy intolerance

I found this easy to access at Coles at a good price

It has been easy on her tummy and she seems to like taste

I would certainly recommend to any mums looking for dairy alternatives

Robert John
Robert JohnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC124 posts

Life saving

Our son was on nornal formula for the first few months of life. He constantly had the runs and a sore stomach. We switched to other brands over the next 3 months and nothing seemed to be working until I assumed he may be lactose intolerant so I wanted to try him on this brand. He came good within 2 weeks and started to pack the weight on. He's an absolute fatty now at 10 months. We really appreciated having this option more so mum because she can sleep better at night now.

ThumbsDownKurmond
ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW29 posts

good formula

we have choosen Karicare+Soy as we are vegans and were looking for vegan friendly option of formula for our baby.

we have started formula when babt was 6 months and Karicare+ Soy was our first formula we tried.

baby is 9 months and so far we are happy with our choice.

it is easy to prepare. water needs to be warm though.

baby seems enjoying. no side effects noticed.

Lisa H
Lisa HCanberra Central 2602, ACT9 posts

Affordable, excellent quality

I've been using this formula for 8 months now after realising my dd has a dairy allergy. Easy to prepare, sometimes won't mix properly if its too hot or cold, great tin, easy to use. Really quite affordable which is excellent when its an essential product required for my daughter.

DMHS
DMHSNew South Wales8 posts

Great Product

Great product for my little one at a great price. Living in a small town we don't have many options but this is great change to it as it's available at 2 of my local supermarkets where the one we used before was only available at a chemist and they don't open Sundays. The only down fall is they never go on special.

Justin
JustinMelbourne

Great alternative to cow's formula

Baby is allergic to cow's milk so was recommended to try a soy formula. This is great as it doesn't trigger any reaction, and tastes much better than hydralised formulas.

It is as easy to prepare as any other formula and is a great alternative to cow's formula if you need it.

James
JamesPerth, WA18 posts

Works for us

Our little one is allergic to dairy and egg and soy formula is what we've been using for the last 12 months.

we tried a few other brands but this worked well for us and is priced at the lower end compared to the other soy options

would definitely recommend

Virginia
VirginiaPerth, WA11 posts

Hard to mix and led to constipation

My daughter had been using goat milk formula due to a dairy intolerance, which was extremely expensive, so while I appreciate the pricing of the Karicare soy, after just a week of use I have found that unfortunately it's very hard to mix through. There are clumps even with vigorous shaking for several minutes. My baby's poos have become like play-dough consistency after changing to Karicare soy, and she appears to be in tummy pain each day with constipation. Previously the poo was very normal for the past 6 months. I won't be using this again.

Karicare   DM

Hi Virginia, sorry to hear you had this experience. Please contact the Careline on 1800 258 268 or email/livechat through external link . Kind regards - Nutricia Careline

Luciana Hilgenberg A.
Luciana Hilgenberg A.

My son loves this formula but is extremely constipated with it. When he was in his previous rice based formula he felt much better. What can be done, I don't want to keep giving him coloxyl to poop, and he drinks plenty of water now at 15 months.

maddy

Hello, could you please tell me if the formula is vegan, and if not, which ingredients are animal based and their sources (eg. DHA from fish oil, vitamin d from lanolin)?

Karicare   DM

Hi Maddy, Karicare Soy contains vitamin D from sheep wool lanolin- it doesn't contain any omega fats though. Please call us on 1800 438 500 if you need more help around this query- thanks Hilary

maddy

Thankyou- please consider using a lichen derived vitamin D in the future.

Karicare   DM

Thanks for your suggestion Maddy, I'll pass this onto the business, kind regards Hilary

Cheryl F.
Cheryl F.

My 16 month old grandson has been on karicare soy formula since he was 3 months old due to severe cow's milk allergy, I live in a somewhat semi rural area but have access to both Cole's and Woolworths stores, my problem is that for the past 4 weeks all karicare formulas have disappeared from the shelves here, there are little notes saying temporarily unavailable, is there an issue with the product, because I have no choice but to give this child this product, not being able to buy it is a grave concern for me

Kat A

You can try email or contact coles and Woolworths. Sometimes they can look into product stock and assist you.

Karicare   DM

Hi Cheryl, you can buy the Karicare Soy online at external link . Please contact us at the Careline on 1800 438 500 if you require further assistance. Warm regards, Caroline - Careline Nutritionist

CategoryBaby Formulas