Kellogg's Guardian

Kellogg's Guardian

3.8

Rhonnie-M

Rhonnie-MHunter Region, NSW

Great texture great flavour but too sweet

Flakes perfect size and texture.
Flavour is quite good - Not too wheaty.
Like to eat for breakfast with fresh raw fruit especially paw paw, pear, mango- and a dash of yoghurt. Also like it as a supper snack to nibble with a cup of tea or coffee. I would like to change the Sweetness however- it has synthetic note - intense and strong - prefer a gentler, more mellow, natural healthy tasting sweetness. I can see sugar content not high, and that is good

MK22

MK22Sydney, NSW

When and why did they change the recipe?

Guardian used to be great, but now the flavour is so overpowering and sweet. It tastes like a fruit juice with notes of perfume is the only way I can explain. The scent of it is also so strong. Looking at the ingredients, I can't figure out what makes it like this? Please change it back.

Mary Youman

Mary YoumanHunter Region, NSW

Disapointed with the sweetness of Guardian

Wondering why Guardian Cerial is now sweet, I cannot see why you have changed it and made it sweet. Do not like this sweetness.

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Find out how Kellogg's Guardian compares to other Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis

Peter

PeterPerth, WA

Great for people with haemarroids

It was suggested to me to eat Guardian each morning to bring haemorrhoids under control. Within two days I couldn’t believe the difference. When I’m on holidays and I don’t have access to Guardian, guess what, my ‘friends’ return with a vengeance. Arrive home, get back on the Guardian and within two days all good again. My ‘friends’ withdraw. Highly recommend this product for any sufferers.

Purchased in July 2017 for $5.00.

Danielle Stevens

Danielle StevensPerth, WA

Good cereal

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $6.30.

Ray E

Ray ESydney, NSW

Keeps you regular......But!

I have eaten Kellogg's Guardian for quite a while, and while it certainly keeps things regular and moving, that regularity comes at a cost that I get by eating this cereal. That cost is 'wind' or gas in the bowel, which is not only off putting but at times downright painful. Now it maybe that I am sensitive to the psyllium or other ingredients contained in the cereal, but it does cause a problem. Other members of my family find that if eaten every day it causes them diarrhea. I have stopped eating it on various occasions and the gas diminishes, but so to does the regularity, so it's a trade off, being regular and suffering the wind or no wind and being constipated. Either way it's a pain.

Bill

Billdubbo

Converting to low GI foods

Told by doctor to switch to low Gi foods. Found Guardian to be tasty and satisfying. I use low fat milk

Told by doctor to switch to low Gi foods. Tried Guardian and liked it so have it each morning with low fat milk.
Large bran flakes take extra chewing . Very satisfying.

Mix to suit

Yum!!! Purchased this product on the weekend. Decided to mix with a box of Carmen's muesli and All Bran. The muesli is sweet enough to lift the flavour of the Guardian and the All Bran. Next time I will add something with honey and almond also. Great start to my morning.
Heart Foundation approved. Low GI, keeps me going longer instead of a quick sugar hit.
Dull falvour no its own.

hey_dani

hey_daniNSW, 2148

Great for heart

Heart foundation tick approved, low gi keeps you fuller longer, high in fibre helps reduce cholesterol, psyllium husk keeps your bowel motions regular. I also eat this cereal with yoplait yoplus natural yoghurt with raspberries and blueberries as an after dinner or light snack. Great for improving a heart condition.
Low gi, high in fibre, contains psyllium husk
Bland taste when eaten without berries

Breakfast Cereals / Mueslis