KernWi-Fi

KernWi-Fi

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great to work with a genuine South Australian business

I have been using Kern wi-fi for several years to provide free wi-fi at events and also for my secure business website hosting. The staff are all very professional while being friendly and helpful and are based right here in South Australia. Nothing has ever been too much trouble for Kern wi-fi - they go out of their way to help. The free Kern wi-fi at events in Semaphore and permanently on the Semaphore Foreshore is a real bonus for everyone who visits the area and also the local community at Semaphore. Kern wi-fi is a great community-minded company - and cover all of the costs for providing the free wi-fi including the installation of their equipment throughout the area to enable the service. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Do yourself a favour and switch whatever service you are using with their competitors to Kern wi-fi now!

Start DateNovember 2017
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledStandalone

Great business grade service

I have been using Kern Wi-Fi since 2016 and they have been great! I use them for my business internet connection as well as server hosting in their Data Center, their service has never skipped a beat and the speeds are out of this world. I have back up links with other providers that are nowhere near as reliable, and this is exactly why they are only back up links. Friendly and easy to work with and will go out of their way to get you connected where as others won't.

Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Semaphore 10G City

I have used Kern Wifi Free at Semaphore for Street Fair and Carols. Was very good, no dropouts and good speeds. It is good to see a South Aust Company supporting the local community at Semaphore. Good on ya Kern Wifi, keep up the good work!

Connection TypeFree Wi-Fi
Thanks for using our Free Wi-Fi and your feedback :)

Thrilled & delighted in every way!

I’d been dreading the NBN, and was being bullied by Telstra to switch over. Fortunately, I happened to read about another option: “Fixed Wireless”. Thus began my search. However, other Fixed Wireless companies immediately rejected my online applications, either not even recognising my address at all, or because of a big tree in my backyard.

At just the right time, I saw “Kern-WiFi” being plugged in a Facebook group. Communication with KernWi-Fi began immediately, and before I knew it, the installation was done – and ironically, both of KernWi-Fi’s competitors’ towers are in clear line of sight to my roof.

I'm extremely happy with KernWi-Fi – the staff are friendly, local, hands-on, and provide almost instant attention. No overseas call centres, with long wait times, broken English and scripted circular-speak, but rather Adeladeans who speak Australian English and understand Adelaide. I've found the staff at KernWi-Fi to not only go out of their way to be of assistance, but to bend over backwards to help all they possibly can, as efficiently as possible, and as quickly as possible.

Best of all, I now have amazingly super-fast speeds that I could never have imagined - even in the backyard granny flat that previously had barely sufficient speed or coverage to do the most basic things online, despite the addition of the most powerful wifi routers to assist. The speed is so good, that suddenly, for the first time ever, "Ancestry" loads in a flash. No more endless waiting. (I'm in genealogy heaven!)

I'm absolutely thrilled and thoroughly delighted with Kern-WiFi. Thank you all for your fabulous assistance.

UPDATE - Ten months later:

In recent months, I've been streaming movies from various online sources - eg Foxtel, Amazon Prime & YouTube, etc. There's been NO BUFFERING whatsoever. I can't believe it! This is a first for me, because previously, any online viewing of movies via Telstra had incessant buffering. I'm in online movie viewing heaven. I've definitely had no regrets signing up with KernWi-Fi. Thanks, KernWi-Fi!

Connection TypeFixed Wireless
Glad KernWi-Fi has been able to help you :)

Fantastic Local Business to deal with

We receive great customer service when it is required.
The speed is amazing, every test I get 27-30Mbit down, even in peak times, i can stream HD with no problems.

For work and home life, this speed and consistency is critical and we are so glad we found KernWi-Fi
Thanks Guys, keep up the good work!!

Connection TypeWiFi Wireless