Swoop Broadband

• Adequate Speeds Yes (95%) · No (5%)

Rob W.Gippsland, VIC

Can't run a small business with the DCSI internet and / or customer service

The 40 minutes so far on the phone has seen me miss a number of calls and knocked out the hot spot which is the only way of getting an internet connection when the DSCI service goes down - as it is only intermittently reliable for us. I operate a service business - my weakest link is DCSI. At a stage of investigating alternates just so I can get connectivity I can rely on.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Carol T.Swoop

Hi Rob. We're concerned about your experience and would like to help - if you email complaints@team.dcsi.net.au, Management will be directly involved in assisting you to get a resolution.

Rob W.

I have forwarded the link to this page to management email supplied so they can read it online or how about this idea - just tell management their service isn't working ?

Furph

Furph

Customer service

Great support and fast reliable service. I needed help to top up my data and it was no problem at all, done there and then on the spot. Thank you

Wonderful Service

Since turning over to NBN very rarely had to call their service team. Ran out of data yesterday due to home schooling grandchildren. They gave me considerate and helpful service, very efficient and professional. Much better than many of the other companies around. Would always recommend them to anyone who needed a reliable internet service.

Connection TypeWireless
Standalone or BundledBundled

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Calling

I rang because I spend all my data and David was really helpful and instead of convincing me to pay more he gave me 150gig of free data . Thanks David

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateJanuary 2017
Tan

TanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent & consistent speed + affordable

I have been with DCSI for a year now and I must say the service is excellent and they always notify you in advance if there is any disruption so that we can plan ahead. The speed is excellent and price is fabulous. Highly recommended.

Start DateApril 2019
Kerrie Davey

Kerrie DaveyGippsland, VIC

New Acceler8ed Customer

I was told to give DCSI a call from one of their loyal customers, as my internet speed on ADSL was on 6-7 mbbps. The DCSI team came out and found the perfect location for our dish. They set everything up for us and now my speeds are around 56-57mbbps. Amazing. Their Customer Service team are very very helpful and would certainly recommend anyone looking for a local provider to give them a call. Great work.

Start DateAugust 2020
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Have been a DCSI(Swoop) customer for 2 years. In this time support has been amazing. Recently had ongoing problem with wifi on my modem. After DCSI tried several times to remedy the situation (it dropped out intermittently and stay off for few minutes to several hours) We decided that modem was the problem. Ordered a new modem on Thursday and it arrived the next day. I now have wifi again.
Well done DCSI/Swoop

Start DateJune 2018
Carol T.Swoop

Thanks for the great feedback! We're always happy to help.

Kaity

KaitySouth East Queensland, QLD

Unbeatable value and service

Value and speed is not comparable to anything else. I’ve set DCSI up in multiple properties and would never look elsewhere for opticomm. The service is impeccable, I’ve never waited more than a few minutes to get a hold of someone and any minor issues that occur have been resolved super quickly. Highly recommend. And thank you to Christie on the IT support team for sorting out my modem in minutes!

Start DateJune 2019
Carol T.Swoop

Thanks for the great feedback! The team appreciate your review.

DCSI support staff fantastic

Moved into my new property a few day ago.
I organized to go with dcsi as they had excellent reviews. I had a couple of issues trying to get the internet up and running.
I called dcsi Sunday afternoon and spoke with Christie in their support team. Honestly, I’ve dealt with lots of companies in the past but she went above and beyond to get my service working properly. My rating 10 out of 10.

Thanks again Christie

John

Carol T.Swoop

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We appreciate your review.

Connection drop outs

Have been with this company for nearly 3 months. Initially customer service was excellent and the transfer from NBN was swift. But, for the last 2 months non stop network dropouts at least 4-6 times a day forcing me to turn off and on modem up to 10 times a day for the last month.
Official statment from company stating its opticomms fault. Changed provider no issues. How amazing.

Start DateMarch 2020
Sam K.

Your phone lines and waiting times to reach a consultant is over an hour. This matter has been now reported to the telecommunication Ombudsman who will be in touch with you.

Customer care that...cares

Signed up for NBN 50 over the phone and had to book an appointment with the NBN tech. Christie (the woman I spoke to on the phone) set an alarm on her phone and when the tech had left she immediately called to find out if he showed up and then helped me figure out why my service wasnt active yet. Turns out it was a simple password issue and BAM internet! Havent seen the service drop below 30-35 MB/s at peak times and ive had it for 3 weeks.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Steve J.

Steve J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Brilliant!

Professional, quick churn, responsive helpdesk and speeds so close to advertised, even after 5pm! Never had it so fast! (Previous ISP was barely able to deliver 75% of advertised speed at 3am!)

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJune 2020
Mario

MarioGippsland, VIC

Amazing service

I have called on their help and they actually went over and above with their help. Very professional helpful people. Just so glad to be involved with them. I will recommend them anytime to anyone. Certainly beats Telstra hands down

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateDecember 2018
Standalone or BundledBundled
Carol D.

Carol D.Gippsland, VIC

Best internet provider I've dealt with.

Excellent customer support, they are a great team very patient and helpful. best internet connection i have had till date. No connection issues. The only issue I've had is losing connection due to maintenance work outside.

StewartR

StewartRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Consistent speeds, fantastic support.

We've had an Opticomm connection through DCSI for 2 months now on their 100/40 plan. Connection went really smoothly, we were online within a few hours of Opticomm setting up their box.

Speeds have been high and consistent. Downloads have never dropped below 93 (often 95-98) and uploads have never dropped below 35 (often 36 to 39). Ping is always low, I get between 4-7ms on wireless (haven't tested wired).

Support was fantastic through the signup process. We only had 1 issue in the beginning which was solved within minutes of ringing up. Really nice to be able to chat to a competent Aussie on the phone.

Can certainly recommend.

Start DateMarch 2020

Gnana

GnanaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The customer service has been very good

The connnection does dropout at times. We have had hardware problems as we could not connect via Wi-fi and only one Ethernet port was functional. We had to send back the modem to NetComm as we are under warranty. But DCSI sent me a modem to cover for our needs until we got a new one from NetComm. Paul has been very helpful. We desperately needed internet as we are working from home and their help was very timely.

Start DateJuly 2019
Shaun Luckhurst

Shaun LuckhurstPerth, WA

Quick, Simple, Cheap

Moved from 50/20 600GB $105 Internode Fibre plan to 100/40 unlimited $90 DCSI Fibre plan. Product sign-up was easy. Service was commissioned under 2hrs from 1st invoice payment which was impressive. Speeds as expected. No complaints so far.

Start DateApril 2020
Henry S.

Henry S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Order today and online today

Ordering was simple and fast.
The customer representative was attentive and helpful in setting up my own personal router within the same day service. Could not ask more other than great service by DCSI

Start DateMay 2020
Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Online within the hour!

The team member who submitted my order went above and beyond, and I was online within the hour!
After I configured my BYO modem my WiFi speeds are already 91/38 on FTTB out of the box. Amazing!

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateApril 2020

Matt R.

Matt R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy with speeds

We switched to DCSI from another provider when I moved house (which was a pretty awful mobile data plan that dropped out and slowed down a LOT). When I had some issues getting it connected (I had never used Opticomm before) their customer service person talked me through it with patience and clarity. I have been really happy with the reliability and speeds I'm getting with their Opticomm service. Our family are very heavy data users due to streaming and online gaming, and we've never had any issues with buffering or dropouts.

Start DateDecember 2019

Vijith555asked

Swoop Broadband

Hi I am just about to sign up to your Standard+ 50mbps NBN connection and was wondering how many days it takes for you to activate my service? I am in a Opticomm Fibre estate. Will also use my own modem. Thank you.

Carol T.Swoop

Hi Vijith555. If OptiComm have completed the install of their equipment at the premises, activation can take up to three business days, but is usually complete in under 24 hours. In some cases, services may be online in as little as 1 hour.

Vijith555

Thank you for the quick response Carol I will follow up with OptiComm provisioning now and get this rolling.

loopyasked

Swoop Broadband

Hi requiring unlimited internet package to OptiComm connected dwelling in Ashbury Estate Geelong Vic 3217.Please advise best current offer.Regards Darren

Carol T.Swoop

Hi Darren! We have three Unlimited packages available: $60/month on OptiComm25, $70/month on OptiComm50 and $90/month on OptiComm100. A $76 activation fee applies to all new OptiComm services. You can BYO router or purchase one from us for $100.

loopy

Great would like the $60/ month Opticomm25 subscription at Dwelling [Address Removed].Will require a router also please.How soon can DCSI technician facilitate connection.Need connected this week.Regards Darren

Carol T.Swoop

Hi Darren! You will need to call us on 1300 66 55 75 to place an order, or sign up via our website at https://dcsi.net.au/services/internet/opticomm
Or you can send an email to support@dcsi.net.au - if you provide a phone number, we'll call you.

We can not accept orders through the ProductReview.com.au website for privacy and compliance reasons.

Activation of a service on previously installed equipment may take up to 3 business days, but usually completes within 24 hours.

Get an answer from our members and Swoop representatives

Other Internet Service Providers