Leaves a lot to be desired. Poor service.

Had ADSL 2 for quite a few years and up to 5 mobile services. ADSL worked ok at old house but after moving last year had nothing but trouble and spintel didn't want to know about it. Kept saying the line was fine until after months the service finally stopped altogether and they realised there was in fact a problem that needed fixing. While being 'fixed', the internet is still flakey while maxing out at 1Mb/s and the phone service still does not work. Not a major problem as we use mobiles but have to pay $90+ per month for the full service as is classed as regional even though a suburb of Bayside Brisbane. Mobile services were good value for money until they changed all their plans and had to port to Vaya as the new plans were ridiculously priced. Eventually they came back with decent plans and I ported services back to combine with garbage ADSL service. Now after 12 months I've ported 2 services to dodo and they want to bill for the whole month unused. I understand they do this to subsidise a budget offering but after quite a few years of enduring their substandard service I thought there may be some grace.

Edit 02/19:
We have cancelled the ADSL service now to move to another provider for NBN. Sure enough called up to cancel, zero attempt at retention and all they cared about is charging for the 30 days notice.

Will never use again.

Bad
Start DateDecember 2012
Standalone or BundledBundled

Crap

Never received my SIM card. Was supposed to come MAXIMUM 7 business days, been waiting for almost a month and didn't get help online.
Avoid it

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband

If I could give you guys no Stars i would

So, where do i start. We had a few issues with our internet which then turned into weeks with no internet and only after about 10 phone calls about it did we get reimbursed for around $15. This has happens multiple times... during Christmas we had no internet for 2 weeks, we got an extra $15 charge to our bill. We had internet back for nearly a week and it dropped out again.

We have given up on your company Spintel, i dont know who you employ but they don't deserve a job, I don't mean that for only a few of your employees, I mean this for every single one of them. Dump everyone and start again. They have done nothing but take the dirt by stating that we used 85% of our internet in 2 days, while we were away and they couldn't tell us where it went.

Your company is a joke and I will never recommend it to anyone. You have left a happy family very unhappy with your product.

You had one job....

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)
Hi Luke, could you please send your account details to social@spin.net.au, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Very happy

I've had only one problem that I'm still scratching my head over - my first weekend with tnem I somehow magically used all my data in one day & was told they were used on Netflicks which I don't have ???? - have had no problems since and have been happy with the service & company

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Doddy, Thank you for the positive response, could you please send your account details to social@spin.net.au, so that we can have a look at the issue Thanks

Good service and great plans.

I swapped my three teens to Spintel to get more data for them and have had no issues in any way. Coverage is the same as Optus (obviously) and far better value for money.
I have just changed their plans with Spintel and they get an extra 3gb of data each for a dollar less than the current plan.
Overall, we are very happy with Spintel and we are about to swap our other two mobile's over to Spintel.

Start DateAugust 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeI don't know
Thank you Bolty for the positive review

Massively under service and overcharged account

Currently on the 50Mbps plan with spintel. Their billing system is archaic and leaves a lot to be desired. They claim to give a bonus to signing friends up for both parties, but fail to deliver on this. Last night i checked my internet speed at 9pm and it was 2Mbps, over ethernet (not wireless). This morning at 630am i checked again and i am now getting 10Mbps, once again over ethernet. I have an N600 router, more than capable of delivering the speeds claimed by spintel and Fiber to the premises. No fiber to the kerb or node, i have fiber right to my NBN box. Absolutely appealing.

On top of all this, the "tech support" is terrible with all support workers being a level 1 (read from checklist) and unable to assist you in resolving matters without passing the buck to several other support workers.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Set-up Time5 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi SCW, could you please send your account details to social@spin.net.au, so that we can have a look at the issue Thanks

Avoid, do not bother

Very poor customer service, callers are from Philippines and hard to understand and do not offer a friendly service.
They have charged a full month cancellation charge for no service. I would well avoid connecting with them!

Start DateNovember 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Asha1, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue Thanks.142650Hi Ashley, we had passed this over to the complaints team, someone from the team will get in touch with you shortly to discuss the charges. Thank you

Just another ISP that's trying its best to rip people off

False advertisement about their internet quality, turned out to be slow and unstable. And they deliberately disconnect your home phone number so they can charge you again for reactivation fee and line-rental fee (about $100) before you can port the number to the new service provider. (And you have to make seperate calls to cancel the service again once the number is transferred.) It's just like what SpinTel claimed that they aim to make your life easier .... NOT. ...BEWARE

Start DateJuly 2018
Set-up Time14 days
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Wen Pin Wen ,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks.

I must be different>?

I have worked in the IT Industry for 30 years, so I'm qualified to judge.

Have had NBN ( HFC- 50) service for 6 months. During this time we've had 1 outage that lasted 2 hours. Speeds during peak times average from 30-46mbps down and 15-18Mbps up. Offpeak/weekends always get 40-46mbps down. Spintel have an excellent client port to view bills etc...Their technical support is on part with other telcos (poor)...but they do try hard and do follow-up; thankfully I don't have a need to call on them much. I have 3 other family households on Spintel and they are all happy too. I question the legitimacy of some of these reviews.

Start DateAugust 2018
Set-up Time10 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thank you Alex for the positive response

A great service

Spintel has been a Very reliable mobile service and I haven't had any issues, connection is good and never experienced any dropouts, so very happy with the service

Connection Type3G/4G Mobile Broadband
Thank you Bridge for the positive review

Its ok until you need it.

The only good thing I can say is that the Spintel connection exists (NBN), sometimes.

The internet quality is variable and sometimes works okay but often will drop out for no apparent reason leaving screens to hang or phones to switch to mobile data.

However the phone line is so poor its a joke, we don't use the landline often but its really 50/50 if it'll work when we use it for outgoing calls, which frequently means that we only find a problem when someone tells us they cant get through on the 'phone.

Just tried to make an overseas call and guess what - no outgoing calls!

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi Paul,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks.

Appalling nbn provider!!

Apalling nbn service from beginning to end. Started with installation of nbn. Installing technician damaged ceiling during install, also installed with exposed wires to nbn modem. Phoned & wrote to spintel, apparently still in complaints department. Service was frequently slow & then drop out. Contacted Spintel on occasion but no explanation provided for drop outs. Fulfilled contracted period, yet Spintel invoiced me for termination payment! Telephoned spintel to correct the invoice. Customer service representative corrected the amount by deducting the termination payment. I asked for Ann updated invoice. She initially refused but then said she would send one. Right now I have received a letter of demand from a collection agency on behalf of Spintel for an amount that I have never been invoiced for by Spintel. The only real positive is the efficient & transparent service that I receive from a different provider. I just don't understand how Spintel stays in business with their appalling service.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Hanners,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks.

$20 dishonour fees

Terrible service - if you're late on payment, you're charged 33% of your service. Just switched to Belong, never happier

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Troza,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. ThanksThe issue is not limited to one (my) account - the issue is your edacious and unreasonable late fees. Climbing to almost a whopping 33% of the original bill. I immediately transferred services after seeing what kind of company you truly are. My ping and speeds are also much better with Belong for anyone else considering!

Happy customer

I’ve been with Spintel for about 7 years now with ADSL & phone connections. Overall they have been very reliable and on the rare occasions when there has been a problem it’s been sorted out promptly. I’ve just signed up for NBN with them and am hopeful that the reliability continues.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Thank you Graham for the positive response

Disappointed

Started out well but over time found their sales and service staff extremely unhelpful and frustrating. Failed to restore connection when we moved having confirmed date to do so and then refused to reduce the bill. Have had to make numerous long labourious phone calls to them about problems with their service or lack of...Forced into another year's contract when we moved but will be leaving Spintel once it's over. Would not recommend.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Mary Ann,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. ThanksNo. Nbn were fantastic. It was the service and attitude of spintel that was so disappointing

Terrible service

Since being connected with Spintel, we get constant drop out of wifi and line service. Complained some months ago, they sent out a replacement modem/router which was worse than the initial equipment. They charged me for it. I returned it with the comment that it wouldn't work. No response from Spintel. Still left with original modem which drops out constantly many times a day.
This is not what you should pay for.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Mike,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

Connection time take 3 weeks plus

Terrible service, purchase date 09/01/2019, today 29/01/2019 still no Internet service yet !!!
Called hundreds time to get solved, every time says different excuses !!!
I don’t recommend to anyone get spintel.
Terrible service !!

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+
Hi Tanvir, could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

I have been really pleased with the service that I received and also the chat line has been great fo

The connection has been good and the speed is great, even in peak times we have no problems. There have been no dropouts. The service that we have received has been excellent and if they are busy, they call you back at a booked time.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you Suze for the positive feedback

Very prompt communication and connection of phone and broadband service!

I just moved in to a new place last Saturday and prior to moving in, after reviewing various ISP's and plans, I decided to go with SpinTel's 500gb broadband + phone bundle plan as it suits our need and budget the best. I left my contact details for a callback and I received a callback promptly at the time I've specified. The customer service officer was polite and knowledgeable, confirming with me that the broadband bundle I've requested is available at my new address. The sms and email follow-ups after the call were also prompt and by this Monday (i.e., the first business day after our move), I received a call from SpinTel informing me that a Telstra technician will be reconnecting my phoneline on Tuesday. When asked about when the broadband internet will be connected, the customer service told me the typical waiting period will be 10-14 days. I was pleasantly surprised when I received an sms on Wednesday letting me know that my broadband will be connected on Thursday! By Friday, I received a confirmation by sms and email that my broadband has been connected (I'm using BYO modem). SpinTel also went an extra mile by sending me a text in case I need a callback from them to help with activating the broadband service from my end (I managed to do it by myself, but it was good to have this option available). The internet connection so far has been stable and adequately fast. All in all, I have been really impressed with the promptness and quality of customer service (by phone, text and email) and how quickly the phone and internet connection are set up all within 5 business days after moving in. This together with the cost-effective broadband bundle plans definitely set SpinTel apart from other ISPs.

Thank you Yi Ting for the positive response

Absolutely terrible customer service.

The customer service is all off shore. Terrible communication skills. The connection constantly drops. It is not worth it. Go with a better provider.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless
Hi Jules,could you please private message your account details, so that we can have a look at the issue. Thanks

How do I pm the company that I wrote a review about. with many thanks. Karl
Hi Karl, if you want to private message, you can go to the home page of the product review website and there should be an option for you to private message . ThanksI don’t know Karl, I couldn’t work it out so I used live chat. They have been brilliant with my problem, calling me every 2 days as we try different things.

Re: Spintel..If your monthly bill is $26.99 phone credit ,why are you charged $39.99 for the first month if there are no other charges or costs owing ? I bought 2 extra 1000mb data the first month which I paid for plus an extra $2, which is $26 then they sent me a monthly bill for $63.99 when in fact it should be $52.99. What is the extra money for ???
Hi JemmRen, to understand what are these charges are for, I would like to have a look at your account. Could you please private message your account number so that we can have a look Thanks

I cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago and I still have not been credited to my account so where is it please can you refund it ASAP to my account today?
Hi Lukey, could you please private message your account details so that we can have a look at the issue. ThanksI have no spintel acc detail but my bank details are bsb 083 663 794123001 I expect the money you took out back I my bank today or I will get legal adviceHi Lukey, could you please confirm your first and last name

NBN 12 (Basic 12)NBN 50 (Plus 50)NBN 100 (Premium 100)ADSLMobile BroadbandWireless Broadband
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLMobile Broadband
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period