• Adequate Speeds Yes (70%) · No (30%)

Some issues with initial connection but was sorted. Thanks

So far connection is good. I had issue with initial connection and VOIP, it's sorted by a customer service personnel. The customer service was very helpful though it took awhile to be sorted.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Stephen C.

Stephen C.Hunter Region, NSW

Wish there were zero stars

Totally unreliable and incredibly slow (0.01mbs) from day 1. They claimed it was my fault for not having wired connection, circumstances i had explained from day 1. Guess what they offered when i finally got TIO involved. No charge cancellation. Given the was no contract and one of their big selling points was free cancellation, this was salt in the wound. Dont go near them. STARS =Spives Thieves and fools

Start DateDecember 2019

Excellent customer support

Spoke with Hazel from the customer service team about a billing issue which she solved on the spot. Very happy with the service and quality of my connection from Spintel.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateFebruary 2017
Contract Type18-month contract

Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

• ADSL

Very Slow Speed cannot even open email

I have had SpinTel for 2 months and the average speed is at best 0.25Mbps and that is a good day. Forget about trying to watch Netflix with Spintel. I rang and it took 1 hour to talk to someone and then they hung up on me.

Start DateJanuary 2020

Such helpful customer support

Accidentally unplugged my nbn connection box and internet dropped out mysteriously after resetting the SSID and password. It was a long wait but understandable given the time and My technician Fred was incredibly patient, knowledgeable and helpful and I had the best service from him!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Disappointed

Disappointed

Quick to take your money, fails on service provision

From day 1 there have been problems. First the phone did not work, and it took over 10 days after installation for Spintel to bother to respond to my urgent pleas to fix the problem. That was eventually fixed, but whew!
We have had internet dropouts 3-4 times a day every day. Have spent literally hours on the phone while they make me fiddle with various things. They never called back when they promised.

New Broadband modem

We have experienced dropouts however I think that at the moment it might have to do with so many people at home and overloading the service. It is not at a level that it is driving me mad - not so far!

I also had an issue that I could not resolve by turning the modem on and off. I did have to wait for a couple of days before I could get onto the Service section. When finally called back the service was great and my problem solved.

Fixed Wifi

Both my partner and I were helped over the phone today to fix our long running wifi issues at home. We couldn't of asked for better service! Thank you so much!

Start DateMarch 2019

Best service staff

Service has been great, was very difficult to get someone on the phone to help me upgrade my ADSL plan however once I got through, Fred assisted and advocated on my behalf with the technical/sales team and was able to expedite the changes which makes a world of difference in these extraordinary times. It was great to know that the team member was doing their best to help me get the outcome I wanted and needed.
I received call backs and updates so I didn't feel forgotten or unimportant.

Start DateMarch 2014

Craig L

Craig LPerth, WA

Good carrier

Optus carrier that never let me down, when Telstra was having outages. Cheap, good reception, fast enough with good customer support at the odd times I needed it. My employer now provides me a phone but I'm happy to leave a good review to a good company I'll return to one day.

Start DateDecember 2018
NanaK

NanaKHunter Region, NSW

Great customer service!

I have just signed up for NBN with Spintel and so far their customer service has been second to none. I was having major issues with Dodo for some time, (have had no internet connection for a month, since I'd decided to change from adsl to nbn, but their lack of internal communication in regard to my contacts with them left me no/poor internet connection for over a month). So glad to have found a local provider who communicates every step of the way, for such a great price!
Will update once service up and running.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
RickD

RickDSydney, NSW

Absolutely Hopeless

If you are running a business DO NOT consider Spintel, they are absolutely hopeless. I was charged for a modem that was never delivered, charged for services that simply did not exist. If I do not receive a full refund I will be lodging a complaint with the TIO.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateJanuary 2020

Going well

Only just connected to spintel yesterday for NBN service. Called and was assisted to configure my modem to connect to spintel service. Tim was wonderful assistance. Cannot comment on dropouts as yet. Thank you

Nancy

Nancy

Best plan for my phone

I never have any problems with spintel. I find them a great provider never any problems. I recommend to everyone if they need to change plans. My son and daughter and four grandchildren are all with spintel.

Fred is awesome!

Fred has done a fantastic job and was very patient with us. He obviously knows his stuff and the customer service was great. The call drops off at times but he is quick to giving us a call back and was able to configure our new nbn connection. well done

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Roberto A.

Roberto A.

Incredible service. So kind and knowledgeable. My pleasure to upgrade.

Due to so good service on the phone by Tim I decided to upgrade. Thanks Tim.
My internet was slow and Tim explained the reasons and options to fix the problem. Thanks.

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateNovember 2017
Annette

AnnetteNortheast, VIC

Fred was outstanding

Fred was just outstanding with all the help and great with going the extra mile to ensure we get the very best service able we will highly recommend Spintel to everyone that asks

Bryan

BryanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Flexible product. support hard to obtain

Start DateOctober 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Once you are signed up, it is extremely difficult to disconnect.

Calling for many days but put on hold for over an hour each time. Unable to contact anyone who can disconnect. However, when I call Spintel as a new customer, I am answered instantly by one of their people, but I am quickly shut down when I tell them I am existing and want to cancel.

Start DateJune 2017
Cathie

CathieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Customer service provided is amazing

My connection is dreadful and constantly dropping out.
The customer service And patience that I received and we were on the phone for 1hr & 15 mins was brilliant by all involved.

Connection TypeI don't know

Helga T.

Helga T.asked

Can you bring your existing number?

Glenn L.asked

I am having issues with the supplied router, (Netcomm NF18ACV).
Connection problems, WiFi and Wired across several devices.
Cannot access the Web Interface for the router without rebooting it.

Already contacted Spintel, but they didn't seem to understand the problems, so was not helpful

Contacted Netcomm, (Casa Systems) who's only response was to update the firmware.
This is not possible as the Spintel Firmware does not have the Update Firmware option.

I'm at a loss!

SpinTel
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Glenn,
Kindly request you to provide your SpinTel account number so that I can look into your issue and will try to provide a resolution.
Regards,
Anoop

Glenn L.

How should i send the Account number?

Glenn L.

Please do not tell me that my connection is OK, I know, The internet connection is NOT THE PROBLEM.

The problem is the Local Network connections have intermittent issues, Both wired and wireless. The Biggest issues is I cannot access the web interface regularly unless is reboot the router. I have internet connection during this time.
I cannot update the Firmware, (Netcomm recommendation) because the Spintel custom firmware has prevented that.

Jaimi

Jaimiasked

I got my modem delivered, plugged it in like it said and it says it’s connected through wifi but then when I go to use the internet it won’t work. I’m being charged for this and no one is answering my phone call

SpinTel
Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Jaimi, Could you please respond to my private message with your Spintel account number so that I can look into your issue.
Thanks,
Anoop

Andy
Andy

Hi Jami,
If you use your account log in and then book through your account for technical service call back. They will call you back the next day.

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Other Internet Service Providers