JBJARROD

JBJARRODSydney

Nothing but dramas since I moved address!

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Ann

AnnSydney, NSW

Happy with their service for 10 years

I've used broadband ADSL with Spintel since 2009, and have been happy with their service throughout that time. In 10 years I have noticed about 2 outages. When my old modem stopped working this week, I called their helpline and they gave useful advice about what kind of new modem to buy, and once it was purchased they did a very helpful, efficient job of talking me through how to install it.

bundy

bundySouth Australia

A great NBN provider

My connection is very good and no drop outs and the call centre is more that friendly to help.Solved my issue which turn out to be quite minor but nothing was too hard for them. 10/10

Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

RonLawton

RonLawtonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Its not that BAD at times

Service has been not to bad, It Is slow at times during the day also evenings, Apart from these things its something I put up with. Would prefer a faster connection with out any drop outs or delays

Start DateFebruary 2019

Lovo1972

Lovo1972South-Eastern Region, NSW

Great online customer service

I had some questions about my usage when I wasn't at home. I used the online help. Marigold from Spintel was very helpful looked into my account immediately and gave some great advice on what the problem could be.

Start DateNovember 2016
Connection TypeI don't know

The beagle boy

The beagle boySydney, NSW

Wireless is better than ADSL

Works as good as ADSL but does not tie me to a wall socket.
Does not pay Telstra for something I do not use.
Also, Telstra - "could not find" a landline connection to my premises when I swapped ISPs despite having had an ADSL service for years at this site.

joshuacjx

joshuacjxSydney, NSW

• ADSL

Third-world class service

john

johnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

great service's

NBN as good as was promised, 4 commuters WIFI extender all up and running,1 phone call very helpful and clear, very pleasant and operator,2 mob's change over to them as well + land line. All I can say more is the WED site is really great, easy to use, feel's like you have control of every part of the acc at your finger tips

Fabulous service

After years with the big "T" this has been an enlightening and pleasant experience.

The ability to tailor a plan that suited me without any gotcha's was a great start. This was followed by exceptional and prompt service and the easy resolution of some minor tech stuff.

So far, I'm a very happy camper.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Reliable internet and good value

Have been with Spintel for many years with very little need to contact support. Have always had the few issues dealt with quickly and efficiently. Transfer to NBN suprisingly painless due to Spintel support.

Great speed.

About the product:
Speed is great.
No issue with stability.
About the hardware:
Included modem works like a treat. It was only 2.4Ghz type but provides sustainable speed that more than matches the NBN connection.
Wifi router at a conner of the lounge could provide connection to closed bed room through wall with no difficulty.
About the online service: online chat is so easy.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Anoop M.SpinTel

Perfect! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We're delighted that you're enjoying the service.

Mt Pleasant

Mt PleasantPerth, WA

Transferring 2 mobiles

Not applicable to the new mobiles however my nbn service is good along with my landline. The services being offered for my 2 mobiles coming across from Virgin are a great price.

Anoop M.SpinTel

That's really wonderful to hear, Mt Pleasant. Thanks so much for writing a review on our service, we really appreciate it.

Garry_Sinclair

Garry_SinclairMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great company to deal with.

I have used Spintel now for several years and had no problems with the company. The plans are affordable and the staff have been very helpful, I recommend them to anyone looking for reasonably priced mobile plans.

Start DateSeptember 2015
Anoop M.SpinTel

Wonderful to hear, Garry. Thanks so much for your review, we are grateful to read about your experience with our service and our support team.

RickSydney, NSW

Swapped from ADSL2 to Spintel NBN 50

I knew where the coaxial was located inside and outside of the house as well as the NBN connection point, so the installer had no problems setting up. Slight problem occurred when using my own router modem as as there were settings to be made but their support came through. Make sure ADSL is not disconnected until NBN is connected. Speeds have been around 30 - 40 Mbps for downloads and 14 - 20 Mbps for uploads. I am pretty satisfied with their service.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Anoop M.SpinTel

Easiest connection of internet I have ever had

Anoop M.SpinTel

We love having you onboard too! Thanks so much for the review, Omalley!, we are glad to hear that our customer service team have been friendly and easy to communicate.

SpinTel Team

Review collected in partnership with SpinTel

NBN Service

Anoop M.SpinTel

That's really wonderful to hear, SpinUser. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us in a review. We are grateful to read about your experience with our product, service and our support team.

Chamara

ChamaraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Change the $400 plan without proper notification

International call is being removed from the caped services for $300 and $400 without any email and I'm end up with huge bill. It is mentioned the at the bottom of the page, like a hidden message.
When I spoke to customer support, said it is customer's duty to go through the bill thoroughly and simply asked me to move to other provider. People in the customer support is very rude, have recorded the call to customer support as well

Start DateMarch 2019

nielson p.

nielson p.Perth, WA

Avoid

Start DateFebruary 2018
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Spintel are the worst ever service provider

GerardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Service from SpinTel

It's been almost two months since we have had the Wireless Broadband from SpinTel (using the Optus Network). For a wireless service, we get reasonably good speed about 99% of the time, and have been completely satisfied with the product.
We had our first unscheduled outage today. I called up SpinTel and Amy from customer support stayed with me until the issue was resolved - we went through the whole issue detection cycle and found that there was a problem with the tower. She did have to contact Optus to get the tower reset, but called me back once that was done.
So from a product and service perspective...... well done SpinTel. Can't ask for much more.

Start DateAugust 2019
Contract Type18-month contract
Anoop M.SpinTel

Thanks so much for the review, Gerard, we are glad that you are enjoying both our service and our support. We have passed your feedback on to the support team.

Gerard

Hello Anoop, however since yesterday, I have been having heaps of issues with the speed (if I can call it that) and dropouts. I have been getting download speeds of less than 1kb for most of the time. Really bad. Can you assist asap? THanks.

Robinasked

You are about to get a very uncomplimentary review from me. Your billing is wrong every month in your favor of course. No one will respond to requests to fix it. If I call, your staff argue with me and say the computer is right. I get no response to emails or account queries online. About to put this to the TIO. Sick of wasting my time with Spintel's incompetence and arrogance. This is the latest ticket to which I expect no response 1775028. Read the whole sorry file and knock yourself out. Better still fix it so it doesn't happen every month. The whole process of dreadful transfer from previous provider, wrong billing and restricted speed have made for a most unpleasant time with Spintel.

Rick

Not sure why I am asked to answer this. I don't work for Spintel. I just switched to them from iinet. I am currently happy with their service and the contract is for 6 months. I will have to see what happens after that period, but they have been charging me accordingly.

Hi Robin,
We are currently working on the concern you have raised and will revert you on the ticket 1775028.

Thanks,

Robin

They have since debited my account for an extra $10 beyond the correct fee. Now I have to try and get that back from them too. This is called "working on it". This was fixed last month but again wrong this month. Nothing to work on. Stop changing it to your favor every month and charging an extra $10. This is just lip service. I'm off to the TIO again. What a dreadful waste of their time (and mine) on such a simple and stupid issue.

Zoontag

Zoontagasked

Best speed during the day is 28 mbps download but during peak evening at always slows to 5mbps, I am on the 50/20 contract and this crawling evening NBN speed is unacceptable and clear grounds for cancellation of contract without penalty.
I have made complaints twice about it and nothing seems to have been done.

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi Zoontag, I highly recommend you to call our support team and perform troubleshooting of the network. Once they have done the troubleshooting, we will raise a fault ticket with nbn for fixing the internet speed issue. If you have done all these things and still have the speed issue, please provide your SpinTel account number through a private message so that I can look into your issue.

Regards!

The E.asked

Hi! If I get the wireless broadband plus VOIP, using the Netcomm modem, can I port my existing landline number to the VOIP service? Cheers, Simon

Priyantha B.
Priyantha B.

When I moved houses, Spintel told me they can allocate the same landline to me.....I hope they can and will help you on this...

Anoop M.SpinTel

Hi The E, Wireless broadband service is clearly dependent on the coverage of our network. So we recommend you to use the wireless internet first and if you are happy with the service(Speed and connection), we can port your landline number after that.

Thanks & Regards!

The E.

That sounds perfect Anoop!

Get an answer from our members and SpinTel representatives

Spintel NBN 12 (Basic 12)

Spintel NBN 12 (Basic 12)

Spintel NBN 50 (Plus 50)

Spintel NBN 50 (Plus 50)

Spintel NBN 100 (Premium 100)

Spintel NBN 100 (Premium 100)

Spintel ADSL

Spintel ADSL

Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Mobile Broadband

Spintel Wireless Broadband

Spintel Wireless Broadband

CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $59.95$64.95$84.95$54.95$49.95
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNADSLMobile BroadbandFixed Wireless
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundleBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed
NBN Speed Tier 12/150/20100/4012/1