Great reliable service

Previous tenants had left the NBN gear damaged, and AussieBB were quick to get things up and running again.
Have had to call a couple of times for admin issues or minor hiccups, and the customer service is consistently friendly and professional.
The internet itself is reliable and very close to advertised speeds (about 42mbps down for the 50mbps package, as their website clearly states).

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Excellent support and help. Quick and easy to join and get connected

The service has been reliable and their technical support very helpful and knowledgeable. They provided follow up assistance and were extremely helpful when an initial problem extended beyond their control.

Start DateNovember 2018
Set-up Time2 days

Turbo NBN

I Just had my Aussie Broadband NBN connected today. We had a few issues with the first bunch of Technicians that came out but after a call to their support they sent out a Very qualified Technician named "Yaya". He explained all the options available and made me very comfortable with the process. He went above and beyond to make sure the connection would be completed.
After that a quick call to Aussie BB support to help with the set up and I was up and running in no time. I could not be happier just wish I found out about these guys earlier.
I've been a telstra customer for the good part of 20 yrs but you can only take so much lol

Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

On the 50/20 deal

From the first phone call to connect to the service; the instant access i had once the NBN installer finished to no drop outs and consistently good speeds for 5x devices all day/night; i cannot fault their service.
You do not have to look anywhere else. I could just be lucky with my area but thats all i can go off.
Victoria, 3177.

Worst technical support ever

Anybody who has ever used modern technology is accustomed to some poor examples of technical support. Sadly Aussie Broadband Plumbs new depths.
It is literally impossible to get through by telephone it only operates during business hours and even then for wait times usually in excessive 30 minutes few people including myself have the time or the battery life to wait that long sitting on hold
Sending a written enquiry receives a response that pushes new boundaries of stupidity. Having explained problem in detail and given every piece of information I could then waiting 5 days for response I get the enlightened reply it should have 5 blue lights if not please ring technical support

Set-up Time365 days

Amazing connection

After being with aussie broadband for just over a week. I can happily say that the 100/40 plan has been amazing. When it comes to downloading games on steam the speed is anywhere between 10-11mbs. Im glad I made the change from optus adsl to aussie bb nbn.

Set-up Time21 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good connection, but false advertising

Got NBN connected yesterday to replace my Telstra Cable, got the 100/40 unlimited plan and peak speeds are great coming in at 100 mbps downstream and 38 mbps upstream. I was surprised downstream was a perfect 100 during peak hours, my cable connection was about 60mbps at the same period. What was also a pleasant surprise was activation only took 20 minutes, and I was expecting up to 48 hours per their welcome email.

In terms of price, they are on the expensive side, Telstra NBN offered me the same deal at a cheaper price (by about $20 a month), but I was desperate in getting away from their awful customer service. I haven't had to use Aussie's customer service yet but I hear they're really good which is why I chose Aussie.

But this review is 4 stars because their website is misleading. Their 24 month contracts provide you with a free modem, as I didn't have a NBN modem I opted for the 24mth contract. However as it turns out, NBNCo provides the modem for free, and the "free modem" provided by Aussie is actually just a wireless router. I have a whole stack of routers, I didn't need another one, this one isn't even very good and now I'm locked into a 24 month contract. There is a 32 connection limit on static IPs and I had to reconfigure my network with non-essential devices on DHCP.

Overall a good experience, but they really ought to stop misleading their customers.

Set-up Time20 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Standard, It's actually a modem router (it has dual functionality) so that connections such as FTTN can use it as the nbn do not provide modems to everyone. However, I will be contact with you shortly about arranging a refund if you'd like and swapping you over to the no contract plans if you wish. Not a problem at all. Cheers!

The worst internet I've ever experience

Switch from Optus and have been with them for nearly a year, very good on first several months, and then, I have always restarted the modem to make the Internet work again, plenty of times a day. Waste of time and will switch to Telstra or Optus. At least Optus has never dropped the Internet.
Waste of time, money, and equipment (A Premium $450 Netgear Modem).

Start DateAugust 2018
Set-up Time1 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Tuan, Dropouts are awful. Have you been in touch with our customer service team to raise a fault to nbn? Often times on nbn, dropouts don't necessarily disappear when changing providers as it's usually an issue with the line, and I'd like to help get this resolved for you. Cheers.

Can't call home overseas as all overseas calls automatically blocked without notification

Recently signed up to ABB NBN. Have spent weeks trying to get through to relatives in UK and Ireland (Inc very elderly parents) but all numbers sound engaged - have just discovered this evening via research that all international calls are 'blocked' and have to ring ABB to unblock this. Have learnt this evening of a bereavement in our family and very distressed that we cannot contact family. Currently been on hold for 40 minutes to get this fixed and don't seem to be moving up the queue.
Why was this supposed 'opt in' option not made clear to us on sign up? Why is this an opt in? We never had this problem with Telstra. At this stage not happy so only 1 star but happy to upgrade depending on response from ABB.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Hi Teresa, I understand your frustration as most of my family are overseas as well. The opt in was originally put in place to help reduce bill shock, but we are currently reviewing our communications during signup and I will personally make sure that this is added in our signup emails. I have spoken to our Sales Manager and Team Leaders and they have assured me that they do notify customers who call on signup that international calling is blocked by default in the sign up voice script that all customers agree to on the phone prior to processing the application. I will make sure that our online signup matches this process. Our apologies, we shall try to make this more clear in the future. Thanks again for your feedback. Cheers.

Poor customer service

After reading review decided to join Aussie Broadband. But during entire jorny with them not a good experience. To set up a modem called them. After long waiting connected to someone but not satisfactory help. At the end managed to set up by my self. After that network keep droping at my end even issue with ethernet as well. Tried to call few times but every time minimum 30 minutes waiting. At the end complaint through email but got a reply that saying formal thing like no issue at our end and mentioned No Meaningful complaint and close it.

Set-up Time1 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Mit, I am happy to look into this for you. I'll be in touch shortly. Cheers.

Billing enquires

Just got off the phone to Mike about my bill. He went beyond the call of duty. Outstanding service. Mike you’re a legend. Definitely recommend this company to people. The company is the best telco I have dealt with.

Start DateFebruary 2016
Set-up Time3 days
Connection TypeWireless

Very happy customer so far.

The Aussie BB NBN 50 plan has proven to be very good for general internet and video streaming via Netflix, Stan & Youtube with just the basic VOIP for the 'phone. The initial call with Aussie BB to discuss the plan was very professionally carried out. The subsequent NBN cable work and OPTUS phone number porting they organised was also done exactly as expected. We have had a very reliable connection (previously on OPTUS cable for 18 years and that was very, very bad at times with exasperating customer service) - there has been one outage since we connected about 5 weeks ago but this was described as a TELSTRA cable issue on the Aussie Website. The Aussie BB documentation supplied for the Router and Fetch box set-up was all very clear and dead easy to set-up. The only call I have had to customer service was to get ISD calls enabled on our VOIP so can't comment either way about problem resolution.
The other major positive for us is the very big saving we have over our previous OPTUS plan.

Set-up Time12 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for the insightful review. We're glad you're enjoying the service thus far. If you see anything we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Awesome

NBN FTTC connection is rock solid and hasn't missed a beat. Speed is within 95% of advertised speed. Call centre reps are very helpful and knowledgeable.

I was kept informed of the progress of my connection after sign-up via emails and text messages.

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Thanks so much for the review. We love hearing that everything went smoothly. If you see anything we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Been with them 3 Months

I moved to Aussie Broadband after Mungi closed down earlier this year, im nothing but happy with the service provided they have provided. I signed up for the 50mb plan and it's been great i have had no internet issues and the service staff have been extremely helpful

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good communication

Started an NBN 50 plan with Aussie BB after reading some reviews. Some rocky patches mainly due to the hardware installed previously but was very happy with the customer service from Day 1 - easy to chat to on the phone on multiple occasions! Would recommend based on customer service.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic to hear, thanks so much for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Highly Recommended

We have had endless issues with NBN dropouts over the course of the last 2 years however after switching to Aussie the problem was fixed within a few weeks. Can't recommend them highly enough, have had to call their customer service people a few times and although there may occasionally be a wait for a response, once they have your details they follow through, keep you informed and get results. Just wished we had signed up with them earlier. We also signed up our sons and our daughters homes with Aussie and everything has ran smoothly. They definitely get my vote and I wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Oh wow! Thanks for the family recommendations. We're happy to hear that we were able to resolve your ongoing dropout fault. Dropouts are so frustrating, so we know what a relief that must be. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Best internet connection

Really happy with the service. No drop out and fast connections. Recommend to everyone. It is also being top rated by ACCC.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Lives up to the hype

Right from the first contact with Aussie Broadband their customer service has been outstanding. They made the connection and transition to the NBN really easy. Signed up for the unlimited 100 plan, getting 92mps download speed consistently. Upload speed 32mps. Very happy customer, would definitely recommend Aussie Broadband.

Set-up Time15 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Thanks so much for the review, we really appreciate it and happy to hear that you're getting great speeds. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.

Sales agent assistance

I choose this provider because i thought they can help me in my problem but the sales agent straight away said that i cannot apply to them since my address was not on nbn. When i read in nbn website about how to register our address it says that "the provider will help us to register unrecognized address".

Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Eric. There are times when we aren't able to file for an unrecognized address. This can happen with things such as a new housing development, which needs to be properly registered. You can read up on it here: https://www1.nbnco.com.au/develop-or-plan-with-the-nbn/new-developments/early-planning Also, granny flats and other buildings on unrecognized subdivided properties are also not able to be recognised. Please let me know if neither apply. Cheers.

Just Do It!!! We couldn't be happier with Aussie

Seamless transition,
Fantastic Australian call center and customer service, online account access
Package we selected fits our needs perfectly, easily up gradable, no contract
Fast, reliable internet and streaming 25/5 (23.5/4 actual speeds)
No fancy gimmicks or add on sales to confuse the... Out of you,
A breath of fresh air and all for $64 a month, to easy...
( we were paying $89 a month with Australia's biggest telco for a home phone we didn't want, unlimited data, useless if your Adsl speeds are 3/0.4, long wait times for customer service if you can call it that, "Not happy jan" it a national disgrace)

But now thanks to nbn there are lots of ip's, choices and real value for money depending on your personal needs. We chose aussie and couldn't be happier. They're awesome!!!

Start DateNovember 2018
Set-up Time10 days
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Fantastic to hear, we're glad that you're loving our service and our support. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers.