Worst experience

Worst experience, don't go with their advertisements. I'm with them for 6 months now on NBN50 plan but hardly get 10-15mbps speed, during peak hours speed goes to 2-5 mbps and their staff doesn't event provide technical support. I would never recommend this service provider to anyone.

Speed result attached as well.

Waste of money!!!

Start DateMarch 2019
Adequate Speeds No

Nobody can compare!

As an IT Consultant, and an IT professional with over 40 years experience, I will ensure all my Clients receive my recommendation to move to Aussie Broadband - They are simply the best and leave the major ISP's way behind in every aspect! Not having to spend hours in a Support queue and being able to speak with a knowledgeable person, actually in Australia, is so delightful you need to experience it to fully understand. Their transparency is also noteworthy - What other ISP would provide near real-time information on the traffic through their POI's? (The others would probably be too embarrassed to try).
Well done Aussie Broadband - you have my complete confidence.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Fantastic

Aussie Broadband are a fantastic provider the best I have ever had, support couldn't do enough to help me change , I will be changing my mobile service over to them as they have the best plans ever for seniors, Thanks a lot every one.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great customer service and product

Regular email contact throughout connection process. Small issue with NBN co connection but kept well informed by Aussie broadband whilst awaiting NBN co to rectify this. No dropouts since connecting and fast.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Really happy with choice

Have been extreme happy with decision to choose Aussie Broadband. I spent plenty of time researching before I made my decision and have been rewarded with exceptional communication and support

Connection TypeI don't know

Best Internet service I've ever had or used

Reliable connection, never experienced any dropouts.
Have never had any issues with the service and they always checking to make sure everything is OK. It really is an excellent, proactive service that they provide

Connection TypeI don't know

Great service, some ongoing drop-out issues

We changed to AB after having been with Optus since the Internet began. After hearing about NBN issues through the country, I wasn't looking forward to beginning our NBN "journey". We never had too many issues with Optus, but I wasn't looking forward to contacting Optus' call centre with NBN queries, so we changed.

After install, we experienced so many drop-outs, I lost count. It went on through the day and night, and I contacted AB the next day, who contacted NBN. We had two guys attend separately from NBN (you have to have at least five drop-outs within three consecutive days for NBN to attend, apparently) over the next week. The first guy was useless. Absolutely. The second guy was ex-Telstra and knew his stuff. He found that the serial number on the NBN box (the black box) was different to the one attached to our premises. Apparently, it can be correct at time of install and them somewhere along the line it can be corrupted in the system and change (handy) but some of the NBN techs don't know this. They should. Apparently, it's an ongoing problem. I think ours was wrong from install due to the drop-outs happening pretty-much immediately. It seems to have fixed our issue - for now - until it's corrupted again, possibly, maybe, who knows.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

The best ISP I've had, probably the best in the country

Only now when my colleague asked me who my ISP is did I really realise how good Aussie has been to me. I've been an Aussie customer for six months and have not had a single issue - no dropouts, no lag or slow speeds, no billing issues, absolutely no worries at all. I think the best ISP is the ISP you don't even notice, one that delivers on exactly what they said.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Great upgrade from optus cable

Download speed is pretty consistent and always above 80Mbs, upload is super fast also. Support is a dream, actually able to talk to a tech in ENGLISH without any mis-interpretation and they know what they are talking about is priceless.

Seamless connection

We had a seamless transfer to Aussie. We signed up for family 50mbps, and they emailed the next day advising we weren’t getting that speed due to equipment in our street. So we dropped it back and saved $10 and we’ve had no issues, very happy.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best ISP in the country!!

We switched from Telstra to AussieBroadband and I will never look back. Consistently get at least 93 down during any time and 37 up. Best ISP in the country. Absolute great customer service.

The best ISP ever!

From the time I called Aussie broadband to make an enquiry, I had been treated with respect and the best customer service ever. I was so happy with the answers I was given that I signed up on the spot. I had been with my previous provider for 7 years and 7 months so there was a lot of hesitation to move on. Ever since I connected with Aussie broadband, I have not experienced any dropouts at all, not a single one. The speed is consistent and I’ve never had any complaints from my teenagers. I have not had any issues with the company. I highly recommend Aussie broadband to all looking for their next internet provider. You will not regret it.

Great product, great service

Internet is reliable, we get great coverage and haven’t had any drop outs and great service from the staff. We haven’t had any issues since we switched to Aussie broadband

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)

No fuss NBN

Aussie have done everything they said they would all without any fuss and it has all worked perfectly. it is nice to speak and deal with someone local so I am very happy with my service.

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Best service for what you pay for.

- NBN HFC went live in my area (Bonnyrigg NSW) on May 2019 and having heard of the dramas with NBN from friends and clients, I decided to put the order in near the end of May but schedule the install date 1 month ahead near the end of June.
- Signup was very simple and straightforward.
- I was very happy that Aussie Broadband were able to schedule the NBN appointment on a Saturday as I work full time.
- I already had a good HFC connection with Telstra but didn't want to pay a premium for their 100/40 service.
- I knew how much data I was using every month and so was willing to forgo unlimited data in exchange for speed and an RSP who takes congestion seriously. Also check Whirlpool reviews but not a contributor. Got a 500GB/month deal for $85/month. Cheaper than if had stayed with Telstra.
- I'm an IT professional and at last, I have the additional upload bandwidth for completing backups during off peak hours and finally being able to quickly upload large files quickly to Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Running for over 1 month now and never getting below 80Mbps down and 30Mbps Up. Ping/latency well under 10ms at all times during the day.
- Only negative is the router (Netcom NF18ACV) they supplied has a minor issue in the firmware which causes modem web page to become unresponsive. Rebooting the modem is required to restore functionality temporarily. Does not affect internet, Ethernet LAN or WiFi connectivity. Also does not cause routing issues. So didn't follow up for a replacement.

Great Aussie service

Great customer service. Not an oversea person. Easy to talk too easy to set up and affordable. Fast delivery. Aussie contact you regularly if any outrages are in your area. No 1 for me

Connection TypeWireless

Great Service

We have had no problems at all and are very pleased with our new Aussie Broadband service. The set up went smoothly even with our own modem/router. We did need a bit of help setting up our voip phone adapter but the young lady at customer service provided a five star service and had us going in no time.

Kings of Comms

Right from the start, it was clear that Aussie was going all out to make an impression. From the online chat, signup process, status emails and text messages; all fantastic. The connection is rock solid and a pleasure to use.

Aussie NBN Review

Far better than ADSL and no reliability issues so far.
Staff are friendly and can be reached easily - no overseas call centres!
Updates on planned outages are sent in advance and any unplanned issues are confirmed with updates on ETA for repair.

Speed is good

Purchased NBN50 plan, has been great. No drop outs & speeds during peak times have been spot on. I'm getting 45mb through most of the day & during peak. Gaming has improved since swapping to NBN. Upgraded my router to DLink Taipan, easy to install when connected. Would highly recommend Aussie Broadband.

Start DateMay 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Why are there so many 5 star reviews in here from users that have only just signed up to product review and have only one review under their profile?

I have a current optus broadband cable connection and the outlet is for a coaxial cable. - Will it be changed to ethernet outlet when moved to nbn HFC? - As well, I'm planning to buy my own router, possibly a NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S R7800 or an ASUS RT-AC88U. Any of these will work ok? Thanks. Marcos.
Hi Mark, you will be given an Arris modem that will connect to the coaxial cable. Then, you can connect your router to the Arris modem. Either can work with our service. Hope that helps. Cheers, Mel

I’m not very tech savvy, and Telstra has come in the past to do anything with modem connection. If I switch to AB, for the newly arrived nbn , will I be able to connect modem myself, or is there a technician available?
NBN came and installed the NBN Modem in the house. I provided my own wifi router and connected that myself. I’d encourage you to call AB to see what services they can provide for you.Hi Wendy, You can purchase one of our modems and it's plug and play. You just plug it in and it should work straight away. Or, you can bring your own and we are happy to talk you through the process on the phone. Or, you can bring your own and hire an IT consultant. If you authorise them as an advocate to troubleshoot, then we can simply give them the settings and troubleshoot with them over the phone while they are at your premises. Hope that helps. Cheers, Mel

Aussie Broadband NBN 25 (Standard, Seniors)Aussie Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)Aussie Broadband NBN 100 (Family)Aussie Broadband NBN 150 (Super-Fast)Aussie Broadband NBN 250 (Ultra-Fast)Aussie Broadband Mobile BroadbandAussie Broadband ADSL
CategoryInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service ProvidersInternet Service Providers
Monthly Price $69.00$79.00$99.00
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBNNBNMobile BroadbandADSL
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractMonthlyMonthlySet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/FixedCapped/Fixed
NBN Speed Tier 25/550/20100/40150/100250/100