Kia Seltos

Kia Seltos (2019-2021)

Also referred to as: Kia Seltos 2020 and Kia Seltos 2022. S, Sport, GT-Line, Sport+
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Kia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.8
  • Features

didi T.
didi T.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I love my car!

Purchased in January 2020.

DDD
DDDSydney, NSW

Ok Car - already sold it in seven months

Purchased in March 2020.

Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Reliable but Poor build Quality

Purchased in September 2020.

Small / Compact SUVs

Find out how Kia Seltos compares to other Small / Compact SUVs

Julie
Julie Illawarra, NSW

Love my Kia Seltos - Outstanding SUV!

Thanks to Jim Arsovski and the team at Gateway Motor Group for the exceptional and professional service provided. My brand new Kia Seltos has exceeded expectations in terms of style, comfort, safety features and technology. I absolutely love it! 5 Stars.

Purchased in August 2020 at Gateway Motor Group.

A great compact SUV

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews

PollyHasked
Seltos (2019-2021)

I initially loved my Kia Setos Sport I purchased new in December 2019. Had the 15,000km service two months ago and it was returned to me with a loud tappet type noise. I had issues to start with trying to get our local dealer to accept there was a problem. It over revs on start up with some fluctuations, then the tappet type noise fluctuates in loudness. The tappet noise is also noticeable when accelerating slowly . The SA Kia Australia rep apparently told our dealer they believe swarf may have been released into the engine when the oil was changed. Kia authorised continual oil changes, cleaning flush and oil filter changes. The tappet type noise is still very evident. The Kia rep, I was told by the dealership, stated the engine sounds normal to him. I am still fighting for Kia or the dealership to take ownership of the problem and fix it. I hate listening to the tappet type noise while driving and wonder what damage it is doing to the engine.
Has anyone else had engine problems after the 15,000km service or an oil change?

Xy guy

I hear some slight tappet sound at start up which goes away once the engine has dropped down to normal revs which I understand is typical with a number of kia engines. But it should be gone once warmed up and not persist. I do notice that the colder the temperature then the slightly higher rev I'll get upon the intial startup in the morning. I usually wait for the revs to drop to normal or below a thousand before choosing gear, only takes 30 to 60 seconds and is good for the engine life. The reason why these days so many newer cars with low ks have stuffed engines or near worn out is so many get in and the instant it ticks over they hit the pedal. You dont need to sit there like the old cars but at least give a little bit of time for the oil to get moving and coat everything properly.
Light acceleration from stop and if there is little ambient noise there is the slightest of ( best I can describe and its ultra slight and you need to listen a bop bop bop sound) this I am told is a typical sound of the IVT. Its very very light and you have to listen. Thats what I was told it was anyway.
Best of luck.

PollyH

Thanks for letting me know your issues. The tappet noise in mine persists while driving it at low speed and while the revs are just under 2000.

PollyH

My issue has now been resolved with the tappet noise eventually being diagnosed as being a blown piston. As it was considered to be a major fault after 10-12 weeks I was given a total refund upon request without any hesitation from Kia Australia and my Dealership which was very much appreciated. I still love the look and feel of the Kia Seltos albeit I now have an alternative brand vehicle.

Dianne M.
Dianne M.asked
Seltos (2019-2021)

I brought my seltos sports + in late May. The transmission has overheated when reversing uphill to my garage, also has a smell when this happens, it has also surged on acceleration a couple of times. Is anyone else having theses problems .??

Xy guy

Hi. Im not sure if that model you have has Turbo engine and the other transmission that goes with it.
Mine is a 2 litre with CVT (Kia calls it IVT)
But have heard of ridiculous overheat issues with the one that comes with the Tubo Seltos.
In the USA there are a fair number of complaints regarding it of just overheating driving in moderate traffic!
Here is a link to a USA Seltos site. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding the thread on it.
Really hope you get it fixed as buying a new car with issues really, totally sucks!
Good luck.

Philip
Philip

This is a dry dual clutch. It is sensitive to higher torque situations such as stop start traffic and reversing (since it is a lower gear) and your specific driving circumstances. If these problems continue I would get rid of it because the gearbox doesn’t suit you. A normal auto has a torque multiplier from stop and will be much smoother.

Tamara W.
Tamara W.asked
Seltos (2019-2021)

Just recently brought a kia seltos standard and has anybody had engine issues as mine has been so far recalled for anti theft lock and sensor issues now my car has gone back as it went into limp mode and engine light was on just want some answers if anyone has had the same

Xy guy

Hi. Sorry to hear you have issues. The models as I understand are considered or called the 2019 & 2020 models. Mine just snuck into the 2021 version. No recall on my Vin.
Here is a list if it helps for you or others of the recall Vin numbers. Download the list, then on your phone tap on Q search and start typing in your Vin. If its on the list it will pull it up.
I really hope your issue gets sorted soon as buying a new car and having issues really really sucks. All the best getting it sorted as soon as possible.
Heres the recall link.

See all Kia Seltos (2019-2021) questions

Kia Seltos (2019-2021)

Compare all 5 Kia Seltos (2019-2021)
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $25,990$29,490$32,990$36,490
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Dual-Clutch (DCT)
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)Front Wheel Drive (FWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)600 kg600 kg600 kg600 kg
Dimensions
Ground Clearance177 mm177 mm177 mm177 mm
Release dateOct 2019Oct 2019Oct 2019Oct 2019
Compare all 5 Kia Seltos (2019-2021)