Corsica, Provence, Bordeaux, Hampshire

Buying Guide Banner

3.5

LucyB
LucyB

Good sleep. Lots of comfort and support.

I spent months researching mattresses, and finally chose the King Koil Platinum Luxury Serenity at forty winks. It was a lot more than i wanted to spend, but i believe it was worth it and will last me a long time. I am a side sleeper so needed something with support to take pressure off my shoulder and joints, and so far no aches or pains upon waking. I chose plush and its not as soft as i expected, though still comfortable. Also, It seems that most mattress salesmen i spoke to owned a king koil themselves which is a good sign. Though i might add, I called AH beard customer service to ask a question prior to purchase, and the lady said she would call me back later to help me, however never did.

Purchased in February 2021 for $3,700.00.

Suzie H
Suzie HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very comfortable indeed

I have had this bed now for two years snd really loved it at first. However, I feel as if the bed dips (I mainly sleep on my own) and I’m small, so it’s not a heavy ex partner or my size. I bought it for $2k on special from $7k. It is super comfortable apart from the perceived dip.

Purchased in May 2018 at Forty Winks NSW, Coffs Harbour for $2,000.00.

Other Mattresses

Zero after sales service care

Purchased for $2,000.00.

Sleeping PositionBack

Darren M.
Darren M.Sydney, NSW

Outstanding quality

This is an outstanding mattress, my sleep has improved out of sight since we got this and I look forward to a good nights sleep every night. It's difficult to leave in the morning as it's so comfortable.

Purchased in May 2020.

AH B.King Koil

Thank you for your wonderful review, Darren M. We’re thrilled you love your A.H. Beard King Koil Platinum Luxury Let us know if we can assist you with anything else, and hope you enjoy a well-deserved sleep!

Nick B.
Nick B.Sydney, NSW

Don’t be fooled, King Koil isn’t Australian made

I am yet to receive my King Koil serenity mattress. The reason behind this, when we purchased it from forty winx we asked the staff several times where it was made, and they have said its 100% Australian made. Don’t be fooled, the mattresses are not 100% Australian made. The reason our mattress has been delayed several times, is because they are waiting on some spring components to be shipped in from China. So in fact the mattress isn’t 100% made in Australia. I have asked the sales staff which opponents are made overseas and what is made locally, and it seems like you just get lied to. Buyer beware...

Purchased in May 2020 at Forty Winks NSW, Auburn.

Sleeping PositionSide
Adjustment PeriodI never got used to it!
Judy L.
Judy L.Sydney, NSW

Worth the investment

I'm very pleased with my purchase 6 weeks ago from 40 winks for $3800. The bed is supportive, cool and comfortable. My back doesn't hurt anymore in the morning. Worried now I have read complaints about springs popping out but I sleep alone and their are no children jumping up and down with excitement. However I believe that a mattress should be able to cope with some rough and tumble activity.

Purchased in December 2019 at Forty Winks NSW for $3,800.00.

KVU
KVUSydney, NSW

Horrible Repair by AH Beard , NOT worth the money you pay for the brand even with 10 years warranty!!!

Purchased in April 2014 at Domayne NSW, Liverpool for $4,000.00.

AH B.King Koil

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with the repair to your mattress.
Please kindly send your name and address details to customercare@ahbeard.com so I can investigate what has happened during your Service Request?
Regards AH Beard

Collapsed within 11 months

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Paola
PaolaMelbourne

BEST INVESTMENT MADE

I really recommend this model and brand. We had a cheap queen mattress and made us hurt our back every night. We ended up having inflammation in our chest. After purchasing this mattress and matching base from Forty Winks, our sleep and wellbeing have been improved hips! When searching for a mattress think about where the product is made from and off (in this case, australian made).

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Good Morning Paola
We’re really pleased to hear that you are loving your new King Koil mattress and we are helping to "Improve your life through better sleep"
Sue@AH Beard

tony
tonysydney

Not as good as thr reviews say

WE purchased this mattress nearly two years ago based on reviews and having had another AH Baird mattress in the past and whilst it started off fine it has deteriorated in the last few months as the gel evidently has moved in it causing as major dip and a corresponding bulge.It seems that the Guarantee marketed by its retailers is only to repair it not replace it which means taking it to a factory having it opened up.Not what you expect for the price , beware of the gel movements as we are now told this can happen when you turn the mattress ,great!!

Kym
KymLennox Head

4.5 stars I highly recommend this one

After months of agonising over which mattress to buy, I finally settled on the King Koil Luxury. I have only owned the mattress for a couple of months, but I am very happy. The mattress support is excellent, it's not quite as soft as I expected but I imagine it will soften up a little as I wear it in a bit more. The most important thing however is that I no longer wake with sore hips and shoulders and that alone is worth the premium price. Probably 4.5 stars for me.

Cecil
Cecil

Terrific sleep

Most people only review things when they're unhappy with the product or service, though that doesn't seem to be the case with this King Koil mattress ensemble. Ours is labelled a Palace King Ensemble - the top of the line at Domayne, though it seems the same bed carries different names depending on the retailer. This is a supremely comfortable bed - perhaps it would too firm for some people, but we like it like that. A high bed, too, which was something to get used to after our previous Miracoil. A great asset with the new bed is that when one of us moves around in the night, the pocket springs inside ensure the other sleeper is not disturbed. Money well spent.

Narcarsiss
NarcarsissHobart, Tasmania

King Koil Platinum Luxury Marseille Review

nay
nay

Best sleep ever

Other Mattresses

Kind coild platinum luxury avignon

6 star sleep. Only new i will keep you posted. So far it is the most comfortable bed i have slept in with paying to stay in a 5 star hotel. This bed tops the best nights sleep. Just wanted to crawl back into the bed through out my day. Although it is brans new it is still too early to see if the miles will be in the long term. Fingers crossed it will. Worth eey penny.
Comfortable

Mez

We also bought this bed in March 2014 and so far it is worth every penny it cost. We love it!

andi71
andi71

hi, how is the mattress going? Trying to work out which King Koil to buy at the moment and very confused! Thanks

Adrian T
Adrian Tasked
Platinum Luxury

Can this mattress be used on a base with curved/Euro slats?

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for reaching out.

We do talk to this in our Bed Care and Guarantee document on pages 4 and 5.

While we do support our own adjustable bases, curved slats can degrade over time, and not provide the support we require. This could mean a warranty claim may not be processed on a non-recommended base.

Regards,
Customer Care

Marg
Margasked
Platinum Luxury

What are the components of a Serenity ultra plush mattress please?

Hi Marg
We have had this come through this morning and we can see that its 7 days old. We are not sure what this has happened.
Please find information about this mattress.
The content of this mattress is as follows:
a. AeroComfort: AeroQuilt (this enables breathability), AeroFoam (pressure relieving)
b. Micro Comfort Coils (minimise partner disturbance)
c. Variation of Premium Comfort Components
d. Comfort Foams
e. Reflex Platinum: Primary Coils = 690 | Active Coils = 345 (queen-size)
Selecting a mattress is key:
Plush, these mattresses are designed to be slept into. Their performance profile is such that they settle quickly and are designed to contour to the occupant.
Hope this helps.
Customer Care Team

Joan S.
Joan S.asked
Platinum Luxury

I have 2 king koil platinum Bordeaux mattressin king singles and I want to buy 2 more exxactly the same for a house in port Macquarie. Do you still have these and how can I order them for delivery to Port

Hi Joan S
They are an amazing mattress. This model is not made anymore and the closest to that model is the King Koil Platinum Serenity. This model as a couple of things the previous model didn't have and that is upgraded spring system and micro coils. The Bordeaux had gel where this current model doesn't.
Components in the mattress

160 Hastings River Dr,
Port Macquarie NSW 2444
Open ⋅ 9-5:30PM
Phone: (02) 6583 9277

Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
Customer Care Team

See all King Koil Platinum Luxury questions

Get an answer from our members and King Koil representatives

Compare all 10 King Koil Platinum Luxury
CategoryMattressesMattressesMattressesMattresses
Price (RRP) $6,499.00$5,299.00$6,999.00$4,499.00
SizeQueenDoubleKingKing Single
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Compare all 10 King Koil Platinum Luxury